“Normal hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Medellin
“Normal hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are looking a room to spend your time, this is not your hotel. This hotel is located in Doral. Very close to dolphins mall and international mall, also you can find a super walmart very close. Included breakfast and free Wi-Fi

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed with my family for one nignt, the room was excellent and very clean,bathroom very clean and the bedroom comfortable. I have not time to take breakfast. The check in and check out without demurrage.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Roskilde, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our 5 day stay here was quite pleasant. This place is quite close to the airport which made arriving here very easy. We were already so tired and jetlagged that all we could think of was sleeping and its proximity (a mere 15 minutes) from the airport was a huge relief. Since we had already had a talk with the staff a day before regarding our booking, we did not face any problem while checking in and the staff was very considerate, understanding our tiredness. Our room was very spacious with a view of the swimming pool. All the basic amenities were provided along with a TV, toiletries etc. However what was supposed to be a boon turned out to be bane as well. The airport being so close, we could hear the sound of airplanes taking off and landing all night and it became quite difficult to catch some sleep. However after a day, we got used to it and slept like a log through it. The breakfast was very healthy and light and it was free. I really liked the waffles and the fruits which were so fresh. The swim at their clean pool was very refreshing. And it was not very crowded there. They also provide internet for free and the speed was very satisfactory. The staff was very helpful in guiding us by providing us information about the city. We experienced their hospitality first hand. They even have shuttle bus service and we availed this service of theirs a lot, thus making our exploration of Miami a comfortable affair. The ambiance of the place is very homely, with its lively bright décor and comfortable setting. This place is really something for a 2.5 star hotel and it is worthy of a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel about 10 min from Miami Airport, with shuttle to airport.
Good breakfast, big room, with very good bathroom.
All facilities as laundry, gym and pool.
I recommend it to stay for any propose, very good room, clean and helpfull staff.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights and three days in August. When I booked the hotel I told staff that I would prefer my two rooms to be next to one another or across the hall from one another. One room was for my husband and I; the other room was for my boys. I was told that if I call the morning of check in that they would try to do their best to accommodate me. When I called the morning of check in, I was told that there was not availability at the point in time to accommodate my request. I was told to call back a couple of times. After a couple of hours my request was finally accommodated. I let staff know that if they tell a guest that their request may be accommodated then that is what they should hold to. Upon arrival, check in went extremely smoothly. I was very pleased by the beauty of the property inside and out, as well as a pool and Jacuzzi available for guest use. I was not pleased with the lack of parking after a certain time of night. It seemed like every night after 10 pm or so it was extremely difficult to find a parking space anywhere around the hotel. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. It was also nice to have a desk in the room. Breakfast time was extremely busy. The variety of food and beverages were extremely good. The only complaint I have about breakfast time is that sometimes you have to wait for a table to open up so you can sit down and eat. They have a washer and dryer on site which came in handy. You do have to pay for it but it washes and dries the clothes without a problem. There was a shortage of actual washcloths but that was corrected by our second day of stay. Check out went smoothly as well. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and if I'm ever in the area I would stay here again. Would recommend this hotel as one to stay at when visiting Miami.

Room Tip: Make your requests known ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable and the location is close to everything. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful. My dog stayed with me at no additional cost unlike other hotels I called. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights/ 4 days. in July. We booked the king bed and sofa bed so that we could have the microwave and fridge in room, the bed was very comfortable but the sofa bed was horrible, even our son age 8 wouldn't sleep on it. No linens had been provided for the sleeper, also the A/C knobs had been removed so no adjusting the air.
The breakfast was waffles,hard-boiled eggs,yogurts,breads, fruit and cereal, The dining area fills up fast but there is some extra seating outside.The hot tub was okay but maintenance is poor, people had left a glass pickle jar by the hot tub on our first night and it was still there when we checked out 4 days later. Parking is good,building is 5 stories high and has a nice gym but staff seemed a little stand-offish , that may just be a language problem. I would not stay here again as I was disappointed with this la quinta.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!