“A home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 130 hotels in Miami
Roskilde, Denmark
“A home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our 5 day stay here was quite pleasant. This place is quite close to the airport which made arriving here very easy. We were already so tired and jetlagged that all we could think of was sleeping and its proximity (a mere 15 minutes) from the airport was a huge relief. Since we had already had a talk with the staff a day before regarding our booking, we did not face any problem while checking in and the staff was very considerate, understanding our tiredness. Our room was very spacious with a view of the swimming pool. All the basic amenities were provided along with a TV, toiletries etc. However what was supposed to be a boon turned out to be bane as well. The airport being so close, we could hear the sound of airplanes taking off and landing all night and it became quite difficult to catch some sleep. However after a day, we got used to it and slept like a log through it. The breakfast was very healthy and light and it was free. I really liked the waffles and the fruits which were so fresh. The swim at their clean pool was very refreshing. And it was not very crowded there. They also provide internet for free and the speed was very satisfactory. The staff was very helpful in guiding us by providing us information about the city. We experienced their hospitality first hand. They even have shuttle bus service and we availed this service of theirs a lot, thus making our exploration of Miami a comfortable affair. The ambiance of the place is very homely, with its lively bright décor and comfortable setting. This place is really something for a 2.5 star hotel and it is worthy of a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel about 10 min from Miami Airport, with shuttle to airport.
Good breakfast, big room, with very good bathroom.
All facilities as laundry, gym and pool.
I recommend it to stay for any propose, very good room, clean and helpfull staff.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights and three days in August. When I booked the hotel I told staff that I would prefer my two rooms to be next to one another or across the hall from one another. One room was for my husband and I; the other room was for my boys. I was told that if I call the morning of check in that they would try to do their best to accommodate me. When I called the morning of check in, I was told that there was not availability at the point in time to accommodate my request. I was told to call back a couple of times. After a couple of hours my request was finally accommodated. I let staff know that if they tell a guest that their request may be accommodated then that is what they should hold to. Upon arrival, check in went extremely smoothly. I was very pleased by the beauty of the property inside and out, as well as a pool and Jacuzzi available for guest use. I was not pleased with the lack of parking after a certain time of night. It seemed like every night after 10 pm or so it was extremely difficult to find a parking space anywhere around the hotel. The rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. It was also nice to have a desk in the room. Breakfast time was extremely busy. The variety of food and beverages were extremely good. The only complaint I have about breakfast time is that sometimes you have to wait for a table to open up so you can sit down and eat. They have a washer and dryer on site which came in handy. You do have to pay for it but it washes and dries the clothes without a problem. There was a shortage of actual washcloths but that was corrected by our second day of stay. Check out went smoothly as well. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and if I'm ever in the area I would stay here again. Would recommend this hotel as one to stay at when visiting Miami.

Room Tip: Make your requests known ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The price was very reasonable and the location is close to everything. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful. My dog stayed with me at no additional cost unlike other hotels I called. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights/ 4 days. in July. We booked the king bed and sofa bed so that we could have the microwave and fridge in room, the bed was very comfortable but the sofa bed was horrible, even our son age 8 wouldn't sleep on it. No linens had been provided for the sleeper, also the A/C knobs had been removed so no adjusting the air.
The breakfast was waffles,hard-boiled eggs,yogurts,breads, fruit and cereal, The dining area fills up fast but there is some extra seating outside.The hot tub was okay but maintenance is poor, people had left a glass pickle jar by the hot tub on our first night and it was still there when we checked out 4 days later. Parking is good,building is 5 stories high and has a nice gym but staff seemed a little stand-offish , that may just be a language problem. I would not stay here again as I was disappointed with this la quinta.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We staid at this property for multiple nights on two separate occasions. We found the property to be solid and in good shape. The rooms were clean, the furniture itself needs an upgrade at some time, the new La Quintas around the country just look fresher and the furniture has a more high-quality appeal than the furniture used here. Which is not to say that things looked old, you'll just notice the difference when comparing it to others. However, it is quite nice to see that the property is in such good shape given that it seems they have quite a large number of guests staying just one night.
You'll have to judge the location for yourself. My judgement is mostly in comparison to the La Quinta on the east side of the airport. The hotel is located on the west side, while all terminals, rental car facilities etc. are on the east side. Plan for a 5 to 10min drive, its very easy to find. We staid both after arriving in the US and before departing, it was conveniently located for that purpose. Regarding airplane noise: jup, it's there without a doubt. Just look at the map, its directly in the approach/departure path to the two norther runways of MIA. Arriving planes during easterly winds are lower, but quieter, departing planes during westerly winds are louder, but higher. I was actually surprise to find the hotel this noisy given that it is farther away from the runway than the La Quinta on the east side. My personal vote is: if you are looking for quiet and relaxing, this is probably not the place to go. BUT: it's not that bad either, MIA is rather quiet through the night, between 10 and 12PM and 5 and 7AM there is the occasional plane every 5 to 10min - this is not New York JFK! So yes, you can wake up or have trouble falling asleep, but we didn't find it that bad. I'm a plane enthusiast, so I may be blinded a bit, but this would NOT be a reason for me NOT to go to the hotel. Otherwise the hotel is very nicely located, it's in a side street, you'll have no trouble with traffic noise or anything (have the airplanes take care of that). There is small park to the north and a small shopping center to the east and south that will give you everything from bank to donuts. No real shopping, but everything you may need to have in reach. Others stores and some restaurants are within short driving distance. Traffic-wise its easy to get to Dolphin Expressway (just south on NW87th) or to Palmetto Expressway (just head east on NW25th), all very easy to find. Neighborhood feels very safe. If you're looking to visit MIA you'll need a car and some time. The drive to downtown is upwards of 15-20min depending on traffic. If you want to be close to the beach this is not a place you should stay, if you are willing to drive it is an alternative to more expensive beach properties. The pricing is reasonable overall and in line with other hotels in the area.
We went down to breakfast every day and found a good selection of items and typically enough tables to have a seat. The hotel has an elevator at each end, so you'll usually get to your room rather quickly. Wifi was good, although I wonder why it's not encrypted. Hotel management was very forthcoming - there was a problem with our reservation that ended up with us being downgraded, they refunded a significant amount to my credit card which I highly appreciate. This is how I understand fairness between guest and hotel! They could do a better job at maintaining the guest PC, the printer did not work and they seemed to know about it (quite a problem when trying to print boarding passes) - guy at front desk offered to print it on his PC, which is OK I guess. One problem that seems to hit all hotels in the area is numerous flyers under the door for restaurants nearby, had the same phenomenon in the other LQ.
Personal summary: I'd stay there again, its not a vacation poperty, but good to spend a night or two.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

LaQuinta West Doral was the best hotel I have stayed at. It was beautifully arranged for convienence and comfort. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who is in the West Miami, Fl area. It is close to the expressway which makes it convienent for travel anywhere in Miami.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!