“Comfy, well located, nice, my first option in Doral.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8730 NW 27th Street, Miami, FL 33172   |
Ranked #65 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Dallas, Texas
“Comfy, well located, nice, my first option in Doral.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed here for two weeks. I have stayed in several Hotels in Doral, commuting there every month for six months, I checked-in in several budget hotels around here.

Nice and clean place, little better than other "La Quinta" places I have been.
Never had a problem to park my rental car.

Pros: Included breakfast is good. Small but decent Gym, nice outdoors. Close a walking, running park, cross the street from a shopping plaza, not far for most Doral and Medley destinations. Gas station at walking distance with good wine selection, not far from Walmart and good restaurants, MacDonals two blocks away (have to cross traffic roads).
Internet service was reliable in my room located not far from Gym at first floor. Never used it but they have a mini-van perhaps providing some transportation. Coffe maker, Microwave and Chiller in my room.

Cons: Too small fridge. Not very good if you spec to bring food. It is more like a chiller, some of my food spoiled. I was there 3 times while room was cleaned, and I never saw a vacuum cleaner. TV is old tube TV with basic cable. The biggest Suites at the end of every floor are bigger but not by much, you only gain a couch smal living place and more space, no more beds and same small fridge.

Too bad the fridge is small, this is one of the best La Quinta I have stayed. Nice place, quiet street, good service. Not a resort but one of the best budget Hotels I have been in Doral, and I have been in few of them for my work, this would be my choice if I have to come back to this area again. Shop with time, prices vary and this is a good place to lodge so make your reservations and plan ahead.

Room Tip: Shop with time, prices vary and this is a good place to lodge so make your reservations and plan ahe...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Beware travelers that book through a 3rd party and not through LaQuinta. When I did it through Hotels.com it listed shuttle service. Well, I got off the plane at 10:30pm and after collecting my bags I called for a shuttle. They told me I had to take a taxi because shuttle service stopped at 11pm. Hour restrictions were not listed on hotels.com. I also check expedia, orbitz, etc...all the same. The room was $85 and ended up paying $25 for a cab...almost a third of the price! If I knew that, I would have stayed some where with late night shuttle service. Needless to say I was pissed when I checked in. To make matters worse they quoted me a rate of $69 at check-in for the inconvienance only to charge me full price for the room at check-out. I was told since the room was already paid at time of booking they could do nothing to honor the rate they told me. Really!?! Has the hotel never heard of a credit!?! Just because I booked it on Hotels.com doesn't mean LaQuinta isn't getting paid for the room. What a cop out and horrible customer service. The hotel was average at best. I've stayed at nicer LaQuintas for that price and have no intentions on going back...specially after I explained in an email to the Assistant Manager my grivances and got no response. Just think, this is how a Gold Member gets treated imagine how they will act with regular members or members at all! This experience made me question doing business any more with this company...as a company you don't tell me you are going to do something and not do it muchless twice in one stay!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Nice hotel, found out that it is not within the location of drop offs of the transportation people from Ft. Lauderdale, they do have service to Miami International, so you can get a ride there then call the hotel for pick up if you have to leave from Miami for a cruise.

Room Tip: nice suite like rooms with a refrig
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Staff was very helpful, The property is very nice & in a great location. Our room 108 was very quiet. We could hear a couple of planes, but we love aviation. Don't think it was noisy, we just heard a little plane noise. Great location, close to airport & great dinning

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This place is very convenient for me and I spend more nights here than in any other hotel/inn. This trip was only one night and I had forgotten to book but they found me a king for a very good rate. I always feel at home here and this time with my wife was no exception.The beds are firm and comfortable and even though it is in the flightpath for Miami International the thick glass eliminates any noise and you get a good nights's sleep. I would recommend this to anyone who has business or needs to go shopping in Miami and to anyone who needs a place as a stopover.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

The hotel property is in a nice, safe area west of the airport. There are plenty of food options within walking distance (brick oven pizza, Tony Roma's, etc.) However, the hotel sits almost directly under one of the approach paths for Miami International, so be prepared for a moderate amount of airplane noise during the day (a bit less at night.)

Front desk staff is very friendly and professional, and let me borrow a cell phone charger from the many they have stored behind the front desk. A number of things could definitely be improved about the property. Hallway carpeting is badly stained. Worse yet, many room doors are badly beaten and dented (almost as if people have been beating on them with hammers.) My room itself was clean, but digital clock was broken, TV remote batteries were dead, and tub faucet dripped steadily. The hotel management states "if you can't give us a 10, let us know." I appreciate the commitment, but I really shouldn't have to complain to get my room to be right. A better program of regularly inspecting rooms and fixing them would please me more. The breakfast area was mobbed by large numbers of people every morning (not much can be done about that) but please - the selection is very poor (Corn Flakes or Froot Loops for cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs, and bread items.) Healthier cereals, fruits, donuts should all be considered.

Finally both my coworker and I were very disturbed by the extreme numbers of restaurant advertisements being pushed under our room doors daily. I travel extensively through the US and have never in my life seen a hotel this bad- amounting to 4 or 5 flyers per day. We ended up resorting to each shoving a towel in the crack under the room door just to prevent them from being shoved under. The hotel management alludes to the problem via a sign warning guests not to order food from any of these places. This really needs to stop. It is a major security issue to have random people wandering the hotel stuffing ads under doors. I
almost have to wonder if a hotel employeeis being paid to look the other way as these are brought in.

In conclusion, the hotel has some nice attributes and I believe it is probably the nicest of the 3 MIami airport locations, but issues need to be corrected.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Watertown, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. It was a decent hotel with friendly staff. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were WONDERFUL! The airport shuttle was prompt and our check-in was smooth and quick.
We walked to an nearby resteraunt for dinner. We all slept wonderfully in the comfortable beds! The continental breakfast was average. The staff arranged for us to get a shuttle to the port for $10/person. Affordable accomodations and a great nights stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!