I've stayed at several Sofitel hotels in various parts of the world and have always been impressed or, at a minimum, satisfied.
This one was pretty disappointing.
- The airport shuttle is supposed to run every 30 minutes, which means your maximum wait time should be 30 minutes and the average wait would be closer to 15 minutes. We waited 45 minutes and were about to take a taxi when it eventually showed up. Don't rely on it in a time crunch.
- The hotel itself is clearly pretty old, dirty feeling, and needs renovating. They may be currently renovating as our first room smelled of paint and there was paint haze floating in the elevators (hold your breath).
- Speaking of elevators, they are dreadfully slow and we couldn't tell if they were actually working properly. We waited over 10 minutes for oneand couldn't actually tell if we successfully called it because the call buttons are always lit up and provide no feedback. If you're in a rush to catch a flight or something, these elevators could ruin it for you - no kidding. We almost took the stairs from the 15th floor with our bags in tow because they took so long.
- As mentioned, our first room stunk of paint and was connected to a neighboring room with a thin door that offered no sound insulation. With loud neighbors and a stinky room, we requested a room change. The room change was honored quickly and we were asked to meet someone bringing new keys to our new room on a different floor. We eventually made it to the new room (it took 15 minutes due to the elevators) and then waited for someone to bring keys, which took another 15-20 minutes while we awkwardly stood in the hallway with our bags (the staff were probably waiting for the elevators too).
On the plus side, the staff is professional and personable - we had no issues with them.
BUT, we only stayed here because it was close to the airport and supposed to help save time for one night in/out Miami. After landing we waited way too long for the shuttle and found ourselves waiting again for room keys and terrible elevators in a hotel that wasn't particularly pleasant. It wasn't worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a setting like a tropical paradise, Sofitel Miami is only 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from the nearest beach and 10 minutes from the Port of Miami. In addition, it's an easy drive to a number of major attractions. Overlooking a peaceful blue lagoon, the hotel features an exquisitely decorated lobby in which striking tropical colors are paired with Art Deco design and sculpture. The overall effect is one of contemporary French ambiance, comfortable yet captivating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Miami Hotel Miami
- Miami Sofitel
- Accor Miami
- Sofitel Miami Airport