“Pleasant stay, accommodating staff made for a great wedding weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Miami

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Miami to your Saves list
Sofitel Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 129 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Pleasant stay, accommodating staff made for a great wedding weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel for my brother's wedding during the weekend of Sept 7. The hotel staff was very nice to us and extremely helpful to my brother as he and his fiance got ready for their wedding reception. The hotel looks and feels old, as if stuck in the early 90s. However the room service was good, price reasonable and the pool was nice. We partied till late at night and the staff and security was observant, but not intrusive allowing us to carry on ( we also were mindful it was late and that being too loud would get us in trouble as would be the case anywhere). The hotel appears to be starting with renovations and it will be nice to see how it turns out. The rooms were nicely appointed and clean. Our room was in the 15th floor and I would definitely recommend getting a room there. My friends stayed in different floors and I'd say we had the best view. They used to have a french bakery sometime ago and it would be nice if they could bring that back. The location is not glamorous, but functional as it is next to the airport and near the expressway, allowing easy access to the get to the beach or brickell. It was my first stay there, but I would definitely recommend it as a business hotel or alternative to a downtown hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a hotel room in floors 10 and up if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
It was an honor and privilege to host your brother’s wedding at the Sofitel Miami, and we are delighted to know that you will keep excellent memories of such a special event. I will proudly share your compliments with our team.
Freshly baked French pastries are available at our coffee shop Le Petit Marché located in our main lobby. Feel free to ask our ambassadors should you need to place any special order.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

2,229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time at the sofitel miami, and i must say: this one is clearly not a luxury hotel. During my stay (10 days) not only did i have to request the plumber, they also came to review the air conditioning and the key for the door. The gym has some nice things, but all cardio gear is old and in bad condition. The floor of the swimming pool is dirty. The internet is prehistorically slow. Items in the room (sofa, iron) shows signs of old age. Bathroom floor is full of stains. The restaurant is good, but nothing special. Only the staff keep this place alive. To cut it short: this hotel is far from a luxury hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I am very sorry to read about your disappointments and most detailed observations. Most of the items you listed are part of our current renovations. An upgrade of our internet service is also included, and you should experience a much faster connection during your next visit. We hope you will be back soon to experience a more modern and luxury Sofitel Miami with the same excellent service from all of our ambassadors.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Sofitel Miami has a great location next to the international airport, great facilities, extremely friendly staff from the Front Desk to the Food and Beverage team (KUDOS to the F&B for going above and beyond always with a smile on). The only but would be some aspects of the room, looking overdated. Other than that, great experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We truly appreciate your kind words, and it is with great honor that I will personally recognize our Front Office and Restaurant Ambassadors for their dedication to customer service and passion for excellence. We strive to be known for a service from the heart. I am delighted to know you were able to experience it.
Warm regards,
Ocho Rios, Saint Ann, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Was charge for using my calling card in the room without being informed by the front desk......i was awaken from my sleep by the front desk supervisor that said she is the manager to tell me i have a bill that have to be settled now and rudely told me i have to come down now....with no regards for my situation she just was interested in how the bill was going to be paid......while i was standing there another front desk clerk was checking in a lady using a bank of america debit card she stood there trying to explain to the lady the procedure of why she cant use the card when she with better training or common sense could simple point the lady to a bank of american ATM machine that is right there in the lobby...... unprofessional front desk staff......She even told me i cannot stay the night at the hotel if i did not pay the bill and she will be calling my company......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sofitel Miami. I take your comments very seriously and would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I can assure you that we have fully investigated the situation with our Front Office Manager. We both stand at your service should you need any further information.
grand cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Been coming to the Sofitel MIA for a couple of years, although the downstairs lobby and restaurant have some qualities the rooms are becoming more and more shabby, but whats worse is that each and every time we stay we are told that they are just about to under go a major refurbishment yet after 5 stays we have yet to see one of these upgraded rooms. Food and service is well above the average airport hotel but the rooms really let the brand down compared to their other properties and its about time these rooms were brought upto scratch.

Room Tip: we've been trying to work this out, though they were starting at the top floor but dont think th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you very much for making the Sofitel Miami your choice of accommodation when visiting Miami. I am very pleased to inform you that we have actually started the renovations. Please feel free to contact me directly during your next visit. I will gladly give you a tour of the newly decorated rooms and other renovated areas.
Balendra Nagesvaran

Been to Sofitel Miami? Share your experiences!