“Ideal for IATA Building” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sofitel Miami to your Saves list
Sofitel Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #30 of 131 hotels in Miami
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Ideal for IATA Building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a pleasant business hotel, and is ideal for persons with a need to visit the IATA Headquarters, which is a 5 minute stroll away. The restaurant is very good with above average food choices - better than the normal burger and fries. The Gymnasium is moderately equipped, but adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to the Miami IATA office. We truly value our partnership with the many corporate headquarters in the neighborhood, and it is very encouraging for our Executive Chef and his team to be recognized by our business visitors as an upscale and preferred dining option.
We look forward to another opportunity to demonstrate the French “Art de Recevoir” Sofitel hotels are known for around the World.

2,051 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I will probably never return to the Sofitel, I did not have a bad experience but for the price it is very average. The carpet is also filthy, which would be okay if we got slippers. And my room had a door that goes to the room next door which did not have a lock making it incredibly easy for the people next door to go into your room!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. The safety and well-being of our guests is of utmost importance to us. I take your concerns very seriously and can assure you that all connecting doors are equipped with locks on both sides. We will immediately perform a thorough inspection on all floors, and I would be very grateful if you could please contact me directly with further information regarding the room you occupied. You can reach me at H0889@sofitel.com or by phone at (305) 264-4888.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the excellent service we strive to be known for. Our reservation agents stand at your service with any special request you may have. Please do not hesitate to mention your preference for slippers and for a non-connecting room. We will gladly prepare your room accordingly.
With all my best regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I traveled to Miami last year with my wife, this is a great hotel. The location was perfect for us, it is quiet, safe, classy and friendly. My impression of the hotel was great, it is kids friendly and clean. I booked it about 3 weeks ahead and got a reasonable price. I never eat at the place since there are so many excellent and affordable Cuban restaurants only few minutes drive from the hotel.
I will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am delighted to know that you and your family will keep excellent memories of your vacations at the Sofitel and that you were able to experience the rich and vibrant Cuban culture of Miami.
During your visit, I hope you had the opportunity to join the Le Club Accorhotels program, offering you many benefits from your very first stay. Feel free to contact me directly should you need any further information.
Looking forward to welcoming you back,
Prievidza, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I used accumulated Accor Hotel points to book this hotel, with adding only 60 USD for 2 nights there it was an excellent condition to stay in Miami with my family for 3 days. 20 minutes to drive to Miami South Beach is absolutely acceptable, the road also offers nice panoramatic views to Miami. Hotel itself was OK, rooms clean, bathrooms also clean, everything was working well there. Great pool for our children, very friendly staff on reception, Small Starbucks inside is an addional positive point. We had very good sleeping there, no disturbances by noise.

Room Tip: 14th floor is silent, nice view from window.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We were honored to host you during your recent family vacation in Miami. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our peaceful neighborhood and were able to relax at our lagoon pool with the playful water cascade, always very popular with children.
We look forward to your next visit.
Warm regards,
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Most of the staff are excellent at this hotel, but they are let down by the tired and run-down state of the building.

The rooms are just not what you should expect at a Sofitel. They are very tired, and the bathrooms in particular are in need of a total refurbishment. The carpet in the rooms is almost thread-bare, very disappointing and not welcoming at all. The fittings are old and cheap. When you walk along the corridor to your room you could be forgiven for thinking you are staying at a cheap-and-nasty motel.

The facilities are average, there is no buffet restuarant and the food was never particularly good, either in the restuarant or from room service.

The shuttle from the airport is good, coming every 30 minutes. I stayed here because I was told when I booked that I could use the hotel shuttle to get to a nearby office building, this turned out to be a big problem, most of the time they didn't bother turning up forcing me to walk back after being left on hold on the phone indefinitely.

If you like staying at Sofitel hotels because of their reputation for high standards, be prepared to be very disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent business trip to Miami. I am sincerely disappointed to read that we were not able to meet your expectations.
We are planning major renovations within the next couple of months. We hope you will be back soon to experience the same excellent service with a new and innovative interior decoration.
Please come back again and feel free to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance.
Aussie In London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am writing this review at 2am- I cannot sleep due to the noise of the guests in the room next to me.

This is the secon night I have experienced this- different guests next door, same problem. The only night I have slept is the night the room next door was empty.

I think the issue is partially that the rooms are not sufficiently sound proofed. It also seems to be the sort of clientele- groups of people staying 1 night between connecting flights at Miami airport- who socialise in their rooms until the small hours.

The hotel itself is very nice. Good restaurant and bar, well sized room.

I would not recommend staying if you are a business traveller like me or have a small family where sleep is important.

Two nights, two different set it guests suggests its more than an isolated issue.

• Stayed July 2013
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Sofitel Miami. I have reviewed your comments and can assure you that I take them very seriously. I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. It is with great pleasure that I can inform you that we are in the planning process of major renovations within the next few months.

Our relationship with our guests is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Balendra Nagesvaran

Been to Sofitel Miami? Share your experiences!