“Love the Sofitel hotels” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Love the Sofitel hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is my second stay at Sofitel. The first one was in Chicago, probably the best hotel I've ever been at. The Sofitel near Miami airport is a bit less luxurious but still has the same high standards as in Chicago.
The service is great, from the reception desk to the server at the restaurant.
The room is comfortable, including also a nice sofa and a business desk. The design is classy. The products for the shower are of high quality.
The breakfast was very tasty, had omelette, oj and coffee with croissant and jam.
Stayed in other hotels in MIA airport that more expensive but definitely enjoyed my staying at the Sofitel more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your loyalty to Sofitel Hotels. Our ambition and pleasure is to strive constantly to offer excellent service enriched with emotion, performance and a passion for excellence. I am delighted to know that you have been able to enjoy the same Magnifique moments at both of our properties. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Balendra Nagesvaran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed in the past at this hotel for my Miami holidays and now that I ha the opportunity to travel on business, I (of course) decided to stay here again.
The hotel is excellent, Located a few minutes away from the airport with complementary shuttle every 30 minutes, staff is simply amazing, always willing to make you feel at home.
The rooms are just perfect and the bedding a dream came true.
The restaurant offer delicious french and international cuisine in a delicate ambiance...
The pool is beautiful, facing the lagoon.
This is the best place to stay in Miami for business ... And vacation if you rent a car.
I love this high standards hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are delighted that you had a great experience at Sofitel Miami. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectation, and we thank you for taking the time to share your story.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Sofitel. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have used other Sofitel hotels in the past, and I have to say that overall this one is not in the same league as the others. I has a slightly tired feel about the place. However we did enjoy a nice meal in the restaurant, and the staff were attentive, and friendly.The food was of a reasonable standard, if a bit overpriced. The room was average, but the bed was comfortable. The hallway to the bedroom was very uninspiring and unwelcoming. With bleach stained carpeting and no decor. (What you would expect from a cheap budget hotel.) Having said all this we had a nice time in Miami.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for referring to Sofitel Hotels as your choice of accommodation when traveling. We sincerely value your patronage and take your comments very seriously. We are planning to replace the carpet in our hallways by the end of the summer and hope you will be back soon to experience other Magnifique moments in Miami. I will then gladly share with you the exciting projects we have in progress.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The service is up to the Sofitel standards from check-in to the restaurants but the structure of the hotel, tired and charmless, is not what you normally expect from Sofitel.

Unless you are looking for an airport hotel there are many better options in Miami.

• Stayed April 2013
At Sofitel, we strive to create unique, contemporary luxury hotels by artfully blending its French origins with the very best of local culture. I am very disappointed to read that your experience in Miami did not reach your expectations, and I would like to invite you to contact me directly in order to gather further details regarding your recent visit. You can reach me at (305) 264-4888 or by email at H0889@sofitel.com.
Thank you very much for your loyalty to Sofitel. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in Miami, and I stand at your service with any special request you may have.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early around 9 am. And when I wanted to check in the reception lady told me that I have to pay extra 50$ if I want to have my room at that moment. I think it's kinda ridiculous. In all of the hotels that I've ever stayed, they never asks me to pay extra money if the room is ready before check in time. Of course I completely understand if the hotel is busy which sometimes make us wait even more than the check in time. But, with my room ready and the hotel is not busy, and she doesn't wanna give me my room unless I pay 50 $ is just ridiculous. Anyway, the hotel room is nice and clean and most of the staff is friendly.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and would like to invite you to contact me directly for further information. I will gladly answer any question you may have regarding our early check-in policy.
We truly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very convenient to the airport, Has shuttle to cruise ships available, Wonderful staff, Beautiful facility, Fun bar with great appetizers, Short walk to grocery and Starbucks, just a really nice stay.

Room Tip: we did a junior suite for 4 of us and it worked out fine, though the couch is pretty short - gotta p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Joinville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am a regular Accor customer and i can say this is not a Sofitel. The hotel is old and you can see there is no maintance. The room and bathroom was really dirty and i can say my experience at this hotel was terrible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We truly value your loyalty to Accor hotels, and I sincerely regret to read that your experience at the Sofitel Miami did not meet your expectations. I will look closely into the issues you have brought to light and would welcome if you could please contact me at your convenience to share your feed-back in detail. You can reach me by phone at 305-264-4888 or by email at H0889@sofitel.com.
We hope you will give us another chance to gain your entire satisfaction and trust.
Balendra Nagesvaran

Been to Sofitel Miami? Share your experiences!