“Small pool and dated rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
brighton
“Small pool and dated rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Staff were friendly and efficient. It has a small pool for the number of rooms. The breakfast was expensive $9 for a bowl of special K! The rooms were tired and old fashioned. On the plus side the food was good( if pricey) and the staff were friendly. A charge for parking was also levied even though my car was there for 3 hours and I paid a lot for a room. i am sure there are better hotels available..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We truly value your patronage, and I can assure you that we take your concerns very seriously.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance during your next visit.
Balendra Nagesvaran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel hotel for a number of reasons. The simple elegance of the hotel, friendliness of the staff, relaxing atmosphere & convenience close to the airport and shopping.

The European atmosphere is wonderful & we shall make the Sofitel our Hotel of choice in Miami & other worldwide locations.

Absolutely wonderful l!!

Room Tip: Recommend a room on the higher floors with a beautiful view overlooking the canal
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words. At Sofitel, our Ambassadors are working really hard to link the world with French Elegance, offering you a personalized service enriched with emotion.

I can assure you that you will experience the same Essence of Plaisir at all our locations throughout the world.

A bientôt!

Nassau, Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a good stay. The staff were courteous and obviously desired to please. The front desk were responsive. . The rooms were clean and well appointed. The restaurant is delightful Overall I enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We always choose Sofitel Miami when traveling to and from Miami. We are welcomed back and treated very well by the staff. Our special requests are honored when possible. The dining room has wonderful food and also a great staff....Carlos, Carlito, Luz and the "suits" pitch in and add to the elegant atmosphere.
Ricardo always has a smiling greeting and interesting story whether at the front door or in the Shuttle!
This is NOT your ordinary Airport Hotel, which is why we love it. Merci...a bientot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We truly value your loyalty to the Sofitel Miami, and it is with great honor that I will share your compliments with all of our ambassadors who work diligently to demonstrate the French Elegance Sofitel is known for around the world.
Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Magnifique stay in sunny Miami.
Warm regards,
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was so pleasant , friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant food was excellent. The pool area was clean and the chairs and lounges were very comfy. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our large and comfortable rooms, as well as the French “Art de la Table” we strive to be known for around the world.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Truly a let down from Day 1. I arrived to find out the room I reserved wasn’t available- now I was in a double room not King- Also unable at first to locate FEDEX shipped to me (which hotel charges fee for) he next issue is the horrible service received from a "Julie" at front desk- I asked for the bellman with luggage cart and gave my valet # to also have the car pulled around- waited 20 minutes and called back to hear from her- Yes, I will let them know in a minute" I explained the purpose for my original call was to minimize time so that I could attend my business meetings. She said she would let them know-they NEVER showed up- I carried the large box to the car- that WAS NOT there. The valet said they just got the call and couldn’t find my car ticket ( I pointed it out right in front of him on the desk)- Restaurant in Lobby- At lunch- the waitress didn’t know the menu she thought the item on my plate was Cheese when I ordered tofu- It was tofu. Then I ate dinner at La Riviera also in Hotel- Food was not fresh - Seafood Paella- bad odor as well. Service was fair. The service in the rest of this hotel is terrible; rooms are average- and no reason to return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I sincerely regret to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. At Sofitel, we strive to provide an exclusive service experience for every guest; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please allow me to express my deepest apologies in regards to the inconveniences caused.

We will look closely into the issues you have brought to light and would welcome if you could please contact us at your convenience to share your feed-back in details. You can reach me by email at H0889@sofitel.com or by phone at (305)264-4888.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future to experience Sofitel Miami and gain your entire satisfaction and trust.

Yours sincerely,

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was very satisfied with my hotel stay. While the pool area is not that large, it never filled up and the lounge chairs were very comfortable. I had a fridge in my room and there is a supermarket 2 blocks away. I had a smoking room which was very comfortable with bottled water provided daily.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for recommending the Sofitel Miami.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back and stands at your service with any special request you may have.

Balendra Nagesvaran

Been to Sofitel Miami? Share your experiences!