“Always feel special” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sofitel Miami to your Saves list
Sofitel Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #33 of 130 hotels in Miami
Key West, Florida
“Always feel special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We always choose Sofitel Miami when traveling to and from Miami. We are welcomed back and treated very well by the staff. Our special requests are honored when possible. The dining room has wonderful food and also a great staff....Carlos, Carlito, Luz and the "suits" pitch in and add to the elegant atmosphere.
Ricardo always has a smiling greeting and interesting story whether at the front door or in the Shuttle!
This is NOT your ordinary Airport Hotel, which is why we love it. Merci...a bientot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We truly value your loyalty to the Sofitel Miami, and it is with great honor that I will share your compliments with all of our ambassadors who work diligently to demonstrate the French Elegance Sofitel is known for around the world.
Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Magnifique stay in sunny Miami.

2,244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was so pleasant , friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant food was excellent. The pool area was clean and the chairs and lounges were very comfy. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our large and comfortable rooms, as well as the French “Art de la Table” we strive to be known for around the world.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Truly a let down from Day 1. I arrived to find out the room I reserved wasn’t available- now I was in a double room not King- Also unable at first to locate FEDEX shipped to me (which hotel charges fee for) he next issue is the horrible service received from a "Julie" at front desk- I asked for the bellman with luggage cart and gave my valet # to also have the car pulled around- waited 20 minutes and called back to hear from her- Yes, I will let them know in a minute" I explained the purpose for my original call was to minimize time so that I could attend my business meetings. She said she would let them know-they NEVER showed up- I carried the large box to the car- that WAS NOT there. The valet said they just got the call and couldn’t find my car ticket ( I pointed it out right in front of him on the desk)- Restaurant in Lobby- At lunch- the waitress didn’t know the menu she thought the item on my plate was Cheese when I ordered tofu- It was tofu. Then I ate dinner at La Riviera also in Hotel- Food was not fresh - Seafood Paella- bad odor as well. Service was fair. The service in the rest of this hotel is terrible; rooms are average- and no reason to return again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I sincerely regret to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. At Sofitel, we strive to provide an exclusive service experience for every guest; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. Please allow me to express my deepest apologies in regards to the inconveniences caused.

We will look closely into the issues you have brought to light and would welcome if you could please contact us at your convenience to share your feed-back in details. You can reach me by email at H0889@sofitel.com or by phone at (305)264-4888.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future to experience Sofitel Miami and gain your entire satisfaction and trust.

Yours sincerely,

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was very satisfied with my hotel stay. While the pool area is not that large, it never filled up and the lounge chairs were very comfortable. I had a fridge in my room and there is a supermarket 2 blocks away. I had a smoking room which was very comfortable with bottled water provided daily.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for recommending the Sofitel Miami.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back and stands at your service with any special request you may have.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

An amazing service from reception desk to the Lavin amenities in bathroom !
Macarons and chocolates in the room .
Good food, we ate in the room.
Near by the airport. I just stay for a stop over, comming back from Orlando.
I certainly will be back !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Danirosasiq:

Thank you very much for your kind words on the quality of our Lanvin bathroom amenities and delightful macarons, all part of the French Elegance we strive to be known for.

I will proudly share your compliments with our Front Office Ambassadors and personally recognize them for their amazing service.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Sofitel before and have always enjoyed our stay there. This trip was a little disappointing. The shuttle from the airport was terribly overcrowded to the point of being dangerous for the riders. The check-in process was lengthy due to some issue with an athletic team trying to get their room straightened out, and the restaurant was not up to their usually high standard. Cold, subpar crab and corn soup. I sent a note to the hotel manager, and he apologized profusely. We will stay there again, and expect that the issues that we experienced will be addressed. Sofitel takes great pride in the quality of the customer experience, so I was very surprised but confident that our concerns will be resolved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear av8tr:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments, and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. I can assure you that we have already taken the necessary measures with our Front Office Manager and Executive Chef in order to review our check-in procedures and ensure consistency of the hearty and sumptuous soups we served daily at our restaurant La Riviera.

We are very grateful for your loyalty to the Sofitel Miami and look forward to your next visit.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stated here for two nights prior to a cruise!

Staff, food and the rooms were nice and fit for purpose!

Breakfast in the hotel was lovely and the drinks reasonable

Check in and out a bit slow but not the end of the world!

I would happily stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
It was a true pleasure to host you during your pre-cruise stay in Miami.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and stand at your service to make your next visit most enjoyable.