“Convenient airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel

You added PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel to your Saves list
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Sofitel Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. At check in, we received the room asked but when we visited it, it was near elevators. (I precised I asked far from them)... Second event : at check out , the amount to pay was not the same compared to the booking.... We are 2 adults, and we booked a room for 2 nights with breakfasts included. It was precised on the booking confirmation document but the woman at the front desk said we have to pay 2 breakfast, only one breakfast per room were included. I showed my confirmation mail, she answered it was a mistake .... and she had a smile.... The only one other answer she gave was : " I will upgraduate you in a Junior Room for your next visit here.... " We were very disappointed. She did'nt want to modify our invoice ! The mistake was her mistake !
Regarding as our stay in this hotel : room was comfortable but decoration, paints, wallpapers are old. Rooms need a renovation ! They have also a free shuttle for the airport but the driver seems to be disappointed by his job : he was not welcoming, even for one way or return....So, if you book this hotel, don't forget it is not the Sofitel brand as expected.(They seem to forget Hilton and others...) So : Very,very bad experience and we 'll never book in this hotel ! I recommend to you to choose american brand, it will be better !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pf35
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Whitewater, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel, Miami for 2 nights prior to a cruise. While the lobby & public areas were nice enough, the room was in need of some attention. The furnishings and carpet were definitely showing quite a bit of wear & tear. However, the bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The room was large and quieted down after 9:00 pm or so.

The food at the hotel's restaurant was good, but seemed VERY overpriced. $20+ for a simple breakfast buffet? Really? It should have been $10-12 for what was received. There is a Publix Market about 3 blocks away--close enough to walk--where you can get affordable food & beverages & bring it back to your room. That's what we wound up doing.

No coffee maker in the room? Give me a break! Oh yeah, there's a Starbucks downstairs, which possibly explains that.

All the staff we interfaced with were friendly and helpful. Even though our reservation for a king-size bed was messed up when we arrived (should have called to confirm that I guess), the girl who checked us in was able to find a room with a king bed in it for us.

The concierge suggested a shuttle bus to the Dolphin Mall, so we decided that would be fun to do--no cost was mentioned. A $26.00 charge on our bill for that shuttle ride was shocking! The price SHOULD have been mentioned when we reserved our space on the bus.

The location was great if you need to be near the Miami airport, but that's the only positive thing about the location. Our room was on the airport side & there was lots of noise from planes taking off. I also should have requested a room on the other side--my bad on that!

All-in-all, not an unpleasant experience, but one we are unlikely to repeat.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the side opposite the airport.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us prior to your cruise. I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I can assure you that I take them very seriously. The Dolphin Mall shuttle is not run by our property, and you should definitely have been informed of the fee when making the reservation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication by our team.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Miami, please feel free to contact me directly. It is with great pleasure that I will personally assist you with your reservation and any special request you may have to make your stay with us most memorable. We truly value your patronage and would appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate the quality of service we are known for around the world.

With all my best regards,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

One word: Magnifique! From the time I was met at my car to the amazing check-in experience and the dinner (which was simply to die for - at a reasonable price) I became a Sofitel believer! Yes, the room...perfect. The bathroom was a little aged, but it was spotless and everything worked. Their vanity kits were very complete and a nice addition to the room. The bed...Oui! Would like one for my home. All of these things are nice, but the real joy of the stay came from my interaction with one of their staff, Maitee.

Maitee greeted me with a warm smile and while I have ZERO status with this hotel chain, she worked and worked to find just the room type and location / view that I was looking for. Yes...some would say that is her job. I would say she when above and beyond, and it set the tone for the rest of my stay. Thank you. Maitee.

I highly recommend this property for anyone wanting a superior experience at an airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Mr. Meyer.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with such pleasant memories. It is with great pleasure that I will personally recognize Maitee for her dedication to customer service and passion for excellence. She is a true ambassador to the Sofitel Miami.

Warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel lobby was very nice, they had a nice pseudo-French thing going on. The rooms were nice, but you have to order certain things like refrigerator, safe, coffee maker etc. The reason I mentioned house arrest was because my group arrived around lunch time from the airport, and the hotels food was VERY
overpriced, and the nearest fast food restaurant was 15 minutes away... By foot! So we ended up walking in the pouring rain to get some mediocre Chinese food. Hotel did offer umbrellas for guests though.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mman6200
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I sincerely apologize that you had to walk in the rain. In addition to our fine dining restaurant, we offer two other dining options with different price ranges. You should have been informed of this service upon your arrival, and we will immediately take this opportunity to better coach our ambassadors in order to prevent any future occurrence.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon, and our concierges stand at your service with any special request you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact them at any time.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very good airport hotel- free shuttle takes 7 mins, and is available every 20 or 30 mins.
The public areas of the hotel are very pleasant,and the staff friendly & helpful, but our room (upgraded to a small suite) was a little tired. But it was very clean, and the bed extremely comfortable, so what more do you need.
The restaurant was a little pricey but large portions well presented. The coffee, orange juice and breakfast were excellent, so as an overnight stay I'd definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bagcarrier1956
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013