“Beautiful sunset view” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sofitel Miami to your Saves list
Sofitel Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126   |
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #30 of 131 hotels in Miami
Indiana
“Beautiful sunset view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with a group of eighteen headed on a mission trip. The check-in was easy. The hotel is pretty and our room was situated over looking a small lake. We arrived just in time to see a beautiful sunset. The bedding is fabulous. I can't say for sure if this was the cause, but nine of us got sick with symtoms of food poisoning. The French restaurant there was the only place we all ate together that day. Who knows-maybe we all caught a stomach flu that had nothing to do with the food. Would surely stay at this hotel again, but would be leary of the food next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

2,049 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

the room was average and not that appealing. The price was a good deal. Stayed there on the outbound and on the return at the close by Hilton which is MUCH nicer.
Airport bus is only every 1/2 hr. (free).
Room faced the runway and was very noisy.

Room Tip: see above re. room location
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SofitelMiami, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for making the Sofitel your choice of accommodation during one of your recent visits to Miami. I sincerely regret that you did not have the opportunity to experience the Luxury service we strive to be known for. Please allow me to express my deepest apologies.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation. I will personally make sure that you receive a quiet room facing the lagoon and away from the airport. Our relationship with our guests is of up most importance to us.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first stay at a Safitel, and it was very good. We only stayed for one night before cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. The hotel is close to the airport (10 mins). The room was very spacious with coffee maker,large bathroom, & a great View facing Miami. The Breakfast was very good as was the Bar food. Its a shame we only stayed one night. Next time we will stay for longer and make the most of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the carpark side (Front) have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to experience the French Elegance at Sofitel Miami. It was an honor to host you for the first time, and we are thrilled to know that you will keep excellent memories of your stay with us.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff was awesome and made me feel welcome as if i was home. Telling me to relax; sit down make myself comfortable in the lobby; from recomending some great places to go Bayside; Coconut Grove; Mango's on south Beach. The staff came out from behind the counter to hand me the key and the bill which made it feel warm and friendly. Staff smiled in the elevator and offered to have a great day. The gate keepers even cracked jokes when we pulled in wrong and forgot to activate the parking card...no worries just a smile ....also the service and the bar appitizers were very good and breakfast was great..awesome french toast!!

Comfortable room and nice pool and location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SofitelMiami, General Manager at Sofitel Miami, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your satisfaction online. We truly appreciate your compliments on the warm welcome you received from our Ambassadors. At Sofitel, we strive to be known for excellent service, and I will proudly share your kind words with our team.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Warm regards,

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last Sunday night for a night-over from MIA. We stayed here on Gift Certificates for a total of $300.00. I booked a Suite, Romance Package. Came with a terrific bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, breakfast, and the room itself. Pick-up was good at the airport, drop-off was not so great - the driver did not want to be there or do his job (he should be happy that he has a job). The hotel definitely needs to be renovated. I think Sofitel is just milking the property for all its worth. The ladies at the front desk was nice and beautiful - French women. The room on the 15th floor was pretty beat-up and lack of furniture or pictures, it was just bland. Definitely needs a new coat of paint. Breakfast was great at the hotel, waitress was great. Room service at night was fast - I left an extra tip. All-in-all there are better locations. If you are a light sleeper then this place is not for you!

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the airport are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sofitel Guest:

Thank you very much for writing your review. I sincerely regret that your experience did not fully meet your expectations.Your comments are really important to me, and I will take every detail into considerations for future renovations.

We will also immediately take all the necessary measures with our Front Office Manager to better coach our shuttle drivers in order to offer a gracious and personalized service to all of our guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We hope to have the privilege of hosting you again soon. I stand at your service to personally ensure your next stay is most enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With all my best regards,

Balendra Nagesvaran

Been to Sofitel Miami? Share your experiences!