“Excellent, unpretentious service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel

You added PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel to your Saves list
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Sofitel Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #34 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, MA
“Excellent, unpretentious service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I stayed here a few days ago during a very long layover in Miami. There is a hotel in Miami International Aiprot but I decided against staying there since the reviews were so poor. This hotel is about a 5 to 10 minute ride from the airport (there's a shuttle that picks up at the airport every 30 minutes so it's very accessible). From the moment I checked in the front desk agent was prompt and friendly. She made sure I knew about all the amenities. It's very much "service with a smile" here. I had breakfast in the dining room and the young french gentleman who waited on me was very professional, prompt, and extremely friendly as well. The room was very nice,clean, and the bed was oh so comfy. I ordered room service when I woke up from my nap and again I was very impressed with the service. My tray was picked up promptly after I was done and when the dining manager saw that I hadn't finished my cheesecake she called to ask if it was ok and if I had any feedback or if I would like a replacement dessert. I didn't use the pool but it looked very elegant and nice. The gentleman (Horatio) who drove the shuttle back to the airport was very friendly and even recommended some great hotels for my next trip to Punta Cana (that's where I was coming from before my layover in Miami) I would recommend anyone stay here if you are visiting Miami. I definitely will be back the next time I am in town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Everything was perfect. Except for the lack of a minibar in the room. That would be great! It was the only thing I missed.
The breakfeast was delicious and the room service was perfect.
All the employees were very helpful and polite. I will certainly recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The hotel is located right next to the airport. We used the hotel as a base to go to the beach from. The hotels on the beach were way too expensive and we had rented a nice car so we decided to go for a good hotel away from the beach, for less, and then just take the car to the beach. Glad we decided to do this.
Because of this decision we weren't at the hotel that much, so all I can rate is the sleeping experience. The bed was awesome, as usual at Sofitels. The bathroom was standard, nothing special. Room was spacious, and had a nice view of the lagoon and the airport. The pool looked very refreshing and not too busy, but didn't make use of it. If I were travelling out of Miami through this would have been my pick for sure.

Only complaint was that the wake up call was 1 hour late. We went over to DST on the first night we stayed, and the night after that I used the automated wake-up call service, and it was still on the old time. That was very unprofessional, and there wasn't even a sorry at the desk when I complained. Only a "Yeah, we're working on that". Unsatisfactory if you ask me. But besides this small mishap, no probs at all.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Concord, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

We regularly need to stay overnight near Miami Airport and have tried a few places. This hotel stands out for its very nice rooms, good bar and restaurant (if expensive), and outstanding staff. It's also very near the airport; the shuttle takes around 7 minutes.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Mc Calla, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

We arrived at the airport and the shuttle was there to get us! The service was great from the beginning to end! Our doorman Jerry was great too! We wanted to go to Publix to get a few items for our trip and he arranged for us to be dropped off and we called when we were ready to be picked up! It was a great experience and we will stay there the next time we go to Miami

• Stayed March 2011
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sofitel in October of 2010. It wasn't a bad first impression; all the employees were very nice and it seemed to be a nice relaxing hotel. We got to our room and it seemed pretty clean until I took a look into the bathroom and noticed strands of hair stuck to the bathroom door, walls and toilet. It did seem that the bathroom did need a little work; the sink faucet wasn't straight and you could see where they tried to re-attach the shower faucet as well.

The walls are pretty thin, we could hear the television in the next room and we could hear every time someone left their room and banged their door closed. Another thing I noticed was the gum stuck between the painting and the wall above the bed; but I guess housekeeping wouldn't think to look there when cleaning.

We didn't have a room with a lagoon view but that was fine, we were in Miami to go out not to spend all our time in our room. We did hear the airplanes as the were taking off or landing at the airport.

The restaurant was a little expensive but the food was good. There's no refrigerator in the room, but you can request one for no charge; but I don't know how many the hotel has available to spare.

Checking out was interesting, there was only one elevator working and almost everyone was trying to make check out time at the same time. We were on a higher floor so we were not going to walk down stairs with our luggage. It was ridiculous how they tried to squeeze so much luggage and people into the elevator; it was very claustrophobic. But when we finally made it down to the lobby it was an easy and fast check out; no problems.

PROS: Location to Airport for short business trips and one night stay before/after a cruise.

CONS: Dated bathrooms, elevator service, restaurant prices, and hair all over bathroom walls and doors (they were literally stuck onto the wall). Had to pay to park in their parking lot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Newfoundland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed at the Sofitel one night - returning from a cruise in Miami. The hotel lobby, pool, bar and rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The service was great. The service desk and bellhop were helpful and friendly.

We did not have any issue with the hotel shuttle to the airport. They were helpful, courteous and on time.

The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were spacious - a noticable and welcome, since we had spent that last 7 days in a cruise cabin.

We used the hotel computers, near the bar to check-in for our flight out of Miami - the computers were well maintained and there was a working printer - very helpful.

We did not eat supper at the restaurant - LA RIVIERA however we did have breakfast there. Ordered the Egg Tortilla Dish - expecting a huevos rancheros type of dish. Unfortuntaly it was not very good. One dish could feed a family of 4 - I did not enjoy it. It was bland, watery with way too much scrambled eggs. Plus, it was over $15.00.

If I did go back, I would stick to the American breakfast. Or pay the $15.00 cab right to go somewhere else - almost $40.00 for a breakfast for two people (that was not even enjoyable) is a little over the top.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple