“Conference Professionals” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Conference Professionals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I work for a fairly large international organization and we recently held a 10 day workshop at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. It was virtually headache free! Staff knew what they were doing, anticipated our needs, made valuable suggestions and were very accommodating in every way possible. I've been to many venues with conference facilities in Europe, Latin America and North America but not every venue has business event coordinator experts. There is a difference between handling a wedding or a retreat that lasts just one day and handling a business meeting that can last over a week. The Sheraton Miami knows how to efficiently help you run your business meeting no matter what the size of your group.
Its location is ideal for business travellers. Right there at the airport and less than 20 minutes from Miami Beach if you want a change of atmosphere. Besides, once you are in the hotel, you forget how close you are to the air traffic.

The rooms are very comfortable and the food is good. Breakfast is pretty much standard but the staff makes all the difference. Wireless service on the entire hotel property is a plus.

So in the end, for the purposes of our 10 day workshop, the hotel was perfect.

P.S. All the car rental agencies are right across the hotel! If you’re staying for a while, be sure to rent a car with a GPS to get around Miami. Oh, and you can walk to the car rental place. No need to take the hotel shuttle to the airport only to get on the car rental shuttle at the airport to return to a building that’s right across from the Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

2,049 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Polish first
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Hello folks,
I had the opportunity to stay an extra day in Miami and a few of us decided to stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and boy the stay was much appreciated and needed. Our room such a great view over the golf course on the pool side. From the shuttle (shuttle drivers Jeff), the front desk and the restaurant (Frank & Domingo) just pure AWESOME!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

As a long-time Starwood Platinum member, I have had the opportunity to stay at many properties. This was my first visit to this hotel, and I plan to become a regular here.

Of primary importance is the staff, ALL of whom, from the General Manager on down, provided excellent and caring service throughout my stay. I was treated as if I were 'family'. Special thanks should be given to Lucas, Sirle, Stanley, Lorraine, Sarah, all of whom were wonderful to work with. Compliments to Raul (the hotel manager) for his generous assistance.

The hotel facilities are first class. I was given a beautiful suite which far exceeded my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the rooms are, considering the proximity to Miami airport - never heard planes landing/taking off.

The pool area and fitness center are inviting and are much more than adequate to satisfy my needs. The hotel's public areas are nicely designed and quite pleasant.

There is a club lounge which provides breakfast and evening snacks. The evening selection is one of the best I have come accross. Thanks to Chef Frank for providing an interesting array of choices.

Finally, the hotel's location provides easy access to the Miami area and beyond.

I look forward to many more stays.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

The stayed here at the end of a vacation in Florida and this was our final stop before we were to fly out. The location was picked because it was close to the airport. However it was very difficult to get to by car because of the re-routed roads and we had GPS! Getting to the rental car drop-off was also difficult, the staff didn't have directions on how to get there so we used the map. It ended up requiring a U turn what we only got away with because it was so early in the morning.

The hotel itself was fine and the rooms were in great shape. Kind of a typical business hotel we are all familiar with, nothing exceptionally good or bad in our short stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with the Sheraton Miami Airport and Executive Meeting Center. The great news is the road construction outside of our hotel is just about complete. We are hearing 2-3 more weeks to go. Thank you for commenting that the rooms are in "great shape"! All of our rooms are very well appointed and recently refurbished. I am glad you enjoyed your stay once you found us! We look forward to having you back on your return visit to the Miami area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I actually stayed at this hotel after flying into Fort Lauderdale, not MIA, because this hotel had an incredible deal for SPG points. That being said, when I rate, I try to take into account what I would have paid for the room. First of all, the hotel is convenient only to MIA airport. If you are coming from somewhere else, you better have a good GPS handy, because access is rather tricky, especially when coming from the west.
I felt it was a bit chintzy to charge $20 for parking in an area where parking is very much not at a premium. No big deal, though. The greeting a reception were nice. I felt my room was perfectly nice looking, unlike a number of other reviewers. Perhaps as an SPG gold member I got a refurbished room? Everything was clean, spacious, and in working order, except the TV checkout at the end of the stay. My main complaints were:
(1) The rooms were not insulated sufficiently for an airport hotel under a flight path. There was more airport noise than most airport hotels I've stayed in (which is quite a few).
(2) We ordered room service breakfast which never came. We weren't charged for it, and just ended up eating out, but how difficult is it to get that right?
(3) Pool area was small and claustrophobic.
So for the small number of SPG points I was charged, I can't complain, but for the price they want to charge, I feel one should probably be able to do a lot better, especially if one needs to park. This is, after all, just a 3* airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Management would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Yes you are correct, we are the most convenient and closet hotel to the Miami International Airport. Thank you also for your comments regarding the room you received. All of our rooms have been refurbished and continue to evolve each day. I am sorry to hear you had some noise issues during your stay. Typically we do not hear that as a concern. I sincerely apologize for the breakfast not arriving at your room like you desired. Please know upon your return visit with us, I will be sure to take care of your breakfast!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I spent a night here on arrival at Miami Airport because I wasn't sure if my flight was going to be delayed etc. There is a shuttle from the terminal which goes every 15mins. I had to wait about 7min, the journey is maybe 2-3min so very close. Check-in was quick & easy. Lobby is OK, staff were helpful.

Room was clean, nothing fancy but no surprises there. Internet was free which is good.

Restaurant was OK - staff were friendly, food was surprisingly good.

Looks like the hotel is used quite a bit by air crew because there were some checking in when I arrived and there is a large bar with pool table etc to hang out in.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2011

We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed here for a convention and I was horrified to wake up with bed bug bites all over my legs- had to go to the emergency room which they said they would pay for the visit and then no one would return my phone calls after I sent them the bill.
DO NOT STAY HERE! Would have seemed to be clean but bed bugs in the beds!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
lkent15, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. Our hotel is engaged with pest control on a weekly basis to insure the integrity of our product and most importantly assure that we do not have a bed bug issue.. As part of our transition to Sheraton and Starwood Hotels as of December 15, 2010 all bedding including mattress' ,box springs, linens and duvets were installed and upgraded to the Sweet Sleeper package which is brand specific.

Many of our guests have commented positively on the cleanliness, comfort, and overall sleeping experience they have had with us recently. Management hopes to have you back in the very near future to experience our new product.

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!