“Good choice for business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Good choice for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Room was clean, hot water, cable tv, AC worked fine, ice available, good customer service, parking at a reasonable price (6 dollars a day), breakfast was good and a good variety, nice view from terrace. For some weird reason outside windows that look at airport were stained. That was my only criticism, but it does affect hotel image.

Room Tip: I would choose rooms that look on lake and not on airport (stained windows) but if you don't min...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hospitality while attending your recent meeting. I did notice that your windows had severe condensation in the panes and apologize that they appeared stained. It is a complex situation that I will continue to work on improving. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I spent 2 nights here in transit. I chose it because it has a good gym, pool and restaurant. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The bed was excellent and soft. The wi fi worked very well, and the service was spot on. Room service was fast and the food was great. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Any room would be quiet. If you want a view, ask to overlook the golf course.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The staff at this airport hotel is GREAT, they could not be more accomodating. If you are in Miami and need an airport hotel, stay here you will not be disappointed. If you book a Club Level room be aware that for Breakfast there are limited protein offerings (hard boiled eggs) no meats and lots of carbs !.

Room Tip: If you are looking for rest and a quiet work environment ask for high floor golf course side you wil...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I will admit that I let these reviews get to me sometimes. After months of research this hotel seemed like the best of the worst. My mother and I were just looking for some place reasonably priced for a nights stay after a weekend cruise.

The hotel was a quick taxi ride from the cruise terminal (25.00). I tried going through various shuttle services but they were honest enough to tell me a taxi was the cheapest option. Check in was a breeze but because we arrived at about 10am our room wasn't ready til a bit after 2. We took the opportunity to walk about a mile to the nearest shopping center for snacks and drinks for our next leg of travel.

The room was what I expected for a room located near an airport. The decor was updated, the bed was plush and comfortable and the bathroom was clean enough for my mom to take a bath in. We found a Mexican food place that delivered directly to our room so we were very happy.

The next morning the valet staff was very helpful in getting my mom to the Amtrak station. I was headed to the Miami airport. I only waited for the shuttle about 5 minutes and the ride was very quick. The Sheraton is one of the closest hotels to the airport.

It was a very good experience and the price was decent. I would have no issues with staying there again.

Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel is dated but ok. It is very close to the airport and to the train and bus station. We paid extra to get to the club level. The room was very good. The bed was comfortable. The disappointment was the club lounge. We could not get to the computers to print boarding passes as there was kids playing games on them the entire time we were at the hotel. The food in the lounge was good but they did not plan very well so it was always empty so the people were just standing around complaining. The breakfast was not anywhere near what i expected. Nothing at all hot even though they have the facilities and personnel standing around.

Room Tip: Good hotel for an airport overnight. Good shuttle to Cruise Port.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Venice, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

On the third night of my stay, got to my room around 11 pm, turned the lights on and to my horror there were around 6 or 7 small roaches in my bed. I had not seen them before probably the lights were left on and they hide. I called the hotel desk and was transferred to another room, by this time is around 12:30. Did not sleep much because I was afraid that roaches were in the new room too. In the morning I checked out by phone and was charged an extra $16 a day for parking. The parking garage is something to be desired, if you come late there are hardly no parking spaces if any. Finally left the premises but when I got home, 5 hours later, I discovered I had left a pair of expensive sandals in the room, called the hotel they said they didn't find any shoes in the room. So to make a long story short, not only does the Sheraton has bugs in the rooms, they also have thieves in their staff. What a shame!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I hope you will accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please know that we contract directly with the commercial arm of a nationally recognized pest control company. It is our mission to ensure that we are at all times free of any unwanted pests. I can assure you that we do not have an issue in the hotel. In an effort to make certain that this reputation continues, we informed our partner of this incident. They were immediately dispatched and they have re-treated the particular room. They indicated no infestation was found and have reported that the room has been cleared. It is possible that the occurrence was the result of an introduction from a previous source. I was pleased to learn that our night manager was able to switch your room. Sorry to say that your sandals were not recovered but should they surface, we will contact you. Should your travels bring you to Miami again, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Front desk forgot we had two rooms booked (Tony T), we ended in 2 floors having to move suitcases up and down until 4:00AM, we receive no apology or accomodation offer, Tony looked down at all time while talking to us showing no sense of understanding or any care. Valet person was more helpful.

Room Tip: No comments, I won't stay at this hotel in the future
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent posting. While I wish you had a better experience, it is from feedback like this that we learn of the areas in which we need to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and it is apparent that we fell short with your visit. Please accept our apologies for the manner in which your reservation was handled and the lack of hospitality at our reception.Thank you again and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you on a future visit.

Kind regards,
Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!