“Great Day Nap” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Panama Province, Panama
“Great Day Nap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Another day in and out between flights and i had to sleep. So upon arrival the valet staff Geo and all the staff at the reception greeted me and help me check in very welcoming.

They offer me a day stay some thing new that i did not know was available. It let me to rest during most of the am which meant a lot to me as i did not have to wait untill 3pm... and offer a good alternative they upgraded me to a spg prefer room which in comes to access the lounge on the 10 floor which at 7pm the staff there was very helpfull on explaning how to get to the right terminal due to the size of the airport returning a rental can be challenging. By 9pm i was out and ready for a new day.

Thanks to all the staff keep it up!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Let me start by saying that we rarely write reviews but this hotel made our trip to Miami so enjoyable that we had to provide them and everyone out there with feedback!

For those who wrote bad reviews about this hotel in my opinion are completely wrong. My experience is most people will take the time to complain and those people are the same ones who won't take the time to give credit where credit is due! I for one will be writing more reviews good and bad about my experiences on vacations.

First, Geo Caridad picked us up from Miami airport free of charge. He was so kind and courteous. Upon arriving at the hotel , he rolled out the red carpet! He went above and beyond to help us! He was very polite, kind, and took the time to tell us about bus system one block away.

Our complete experience with this hotel was awesome. Every employee we encountered greeted us with a smile and was extremely kind and helpful.

At the bar / restaurant, the bartender Victor waited on our table. What a nice guy. Service was great!
We stayed on the tenth floor , so we had access to club lounge where you can have fruits, cookies, water, soda, coffee, tea, and finger foods. Again service was great here as well! Mayling Marengo was working so hard on cleaning the table areas and restocking the foods and beverages!

While swimming in the pool about 9:30 pm the security officer greeted us and we talked for about 5 minutes about the area . I believe his name was Orenthal . Very nice man. The pool was clean / clear and refreshing !

I apologize to all of the employees I didn't mention in the review who also worked hard to make our experience an amazing one . Our room was clean, as well as the rest of the hotel.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels in my day, by far the Sheraton is at the top of my list. Next time I stay in a hotel I'll look for the nearest Sheraton! I'm sure I'll be back to this location.

Again thank you to everyone there at this location !
Randy G

Room Tip: They offer what's called a pure room. It is only a little more per night and we'll worth it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have stayed at many hotels nearby Miami airport before, and many of them deliver what you expect: convenience + good service + comfort. The Miami airport Sheraton has come through in all of these areas, but a special thanks has to go out to Victor, the very friendly and customer service oriented bartender at the hotel's main bar/restaurant… I am definitely planning on going back next time I have an overnight at Miami.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have to admit I was a bit dreading having to spend the night next to Miami International... But like all experiences, it is the people that matter. The service of the front desk and the bar is really amazing. I grew up on the east coast and have been in California for the past 10 years and I always notice the difference in the professionalism of service when I am on the east coast. This was no exception. The commitment to customer experience was palpable with every encounter, it was true hospitality. I spent a great evening in the bar catching up on work and the attentiveness of the staff was unbelievable. It was like the good moments in Europe... I know, but bear with me and my mindset as to what I thought it would be like being 1 mi from MIA :). Next day had lunch again in the bar and Victor was just exceptional... attentive, professional, warm, personal, not intrusive, genuine. What a pleasure!

So... yes, it is a Sheraton at the Airport. The rooms are what you would expect (I'm SPG platinum for past 5 years), but I sense this place is really trying to make a difference on service and that is so, so cool.

Thank you!

La Paz, Bolivia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was our first experience at the Sheraton and we had an excellent reception service from the staff, Angel the guy at the front desk was very friendly and explained everything about the hotel and our staying. The location is excellent and all the services like the free shuttle is exactly what you need in your trips going back home after a long vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hospitality. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to hear that our teams have succeeded in ensuring that our guests experience that care. I will share your comments with our teams and especially with Angel. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity for a future visit.

Kind regards,
Jon K. Wubbena, CHA
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have traveled around the country doing multi-day seminars for a national seminar company. I have stayed in many hotels in many cities but without a doubt, my experience here surpassed any others. From the time I drove up and left my car, every single staff person did everything to make sure that things were great. The room was clean and comfortable with a great view of the golf course. I never heard an airplane even though it's an airport hotel. The restaurant was delightful.
I was there for a conference and from the first contact with Amanda Douglas and all the prior planning, through the conference with her wonderful 'sidekick' Melissa, there was nothing they couldn't do if needed.
Giving customer service seminars has made me very attuned to customer service. It should all be about 'exceeding expectations' and they certainly did!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We truly value and appreciate your recognition of our associates. They make every effort to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity - and without a doubt – Amanda, Melissa and the entire meeting center team are always at the helm to ensure a successful event. We have shared your accolades with all of our team members and we appreciate your recommendation.

Kind regard,
Jon K. Wubbena, CHA
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is my second business trip to Miami and this time i did spend 45 days. For me it's very important to feel warm like home and appreciated. Especially if you spend that much time away. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Special thanks for Mayling Marenco from Club Lounge and Agar Geneus from the front desk. They really pay attention to you and make sure that you get the best service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!