“We'll return” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Miami
Ocala, Florida
“We'll return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very nice facility directly across from the Miami International Airport. Modern, neat, tidy & clean. Best of all is the staff ... friendly & very helpful. The only negative is this was an unexpected visit due to illness & the Front Desk said I was not entitled to the AAA discount since I did not make a reservation in advance. This contradicts the representations of AAA. Furthermore it simply doesn't make sense. I'm not happy about it but did not argue the point given the circumstances of our stay,

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed our hospitality during your recent stay with us in spite of your experience at the front desk. I am not certain what might have transpired when you attempted to check in. Please know that we are happy to honor AAA discounts based on availability, unless a reservation was previously made via a third party at which time the discount is not applicable. We would love to clarify further but would need a few more details. Your recommendation is appreciated and we will look forward to a future stay on your next trip to Miami.

1,992 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Hello - was staying at Sheraton from Feb 1 - 8 2014 and this was my second instance. The overall hotel / facilities / bus trips etc were on time and the staff courteous and friendly.

The chef at the hotel prepared a special delight which was most welcoming, although the morning buffet can do with a change as it was almost the same for the entire duration.

Super Bowl - Great set up and good fun !

Need to particularly mention Victor the Bartended who has been most helpful on both occassions, his approach / willingness to assist and overall demeanour is much apprecaited.

Victor are the kind of hands guests would go back to and ask for ! Seems like he loves his job - well done and Thank You.

Rgds
Sai..

Room Tip: carry your pillows to avoid a neck ache - Hotel pillows have never been my favourite..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us once again, and I would like to thank you for recognizing the service and attention you experienced with Victor. Victor always tries to ensure our guests feel right at home and his hospitality is effortless. Your recommendation is appreciated.

Cupar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here for one night en route from Scotland to Key West. The check in gentleman was so professional and so helpful. The rooms were great. The highlight however was when we wanted to collect our hire car from Alamo the next morning. They told us that Alamo was just across the road and so we could either walk or take the free airport shuttle back to the airport and then the car hire shuttle to Alamo. As I had a torn cartilage in my left knee I could not walk the short distance. So Mr. Geo Zeledon got one of his drivers to take my wife and I across to Alamo. This was above and beyond the call of duty. Superb and very much appreciated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hospitality. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to hear that our teams have succeeded in ensuring that our guests experience that care. I will share your comments with our teams and especially with Geo. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back. Take care of that knee in your travels.

Be well,
Glasgow Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had use of a "dayroom" after our cruise and before a late evening transatlantic flight.
Really comfortable beds and large,clean bathroom.

We had a good lunch in the restaurant.

Hotel was really close to the airport and we would use it again if travelling to Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting such a delightful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are indeed comfortable and one of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts core initiatives. Our guests often rave about its comfort. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Miami.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed March 31 on way from Seattle to Cayman Brac. Great room and wonderful service from arrival to check out. Beautiful grounds. Arrived late and left early so didn't try restaurant. Did visit the bar and service was quick and friendly. Shuttle operated on time as promised. Very efficient. Will be staying on my return home as well. Can't go wrong with this Sheraton if you need a place close to the airport!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again on your return trip home.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I don't typically write reviews but I wanted to take a moment to recognize Roger Bosch the shuttle driver from MIA to the Sheraton. I've never stayed at the property but if the shuttle experience is anything like the inside then I would highly recommend the hotel as I live in Miami.

Roger is always pleasant, courteous and very friendly. He makes you feel welcomed and at home. Its always nice to see him and whenever I land I look forward to seeing him. He is an asset to your organization and should be recognized internally. Keep up the great work Roger!!

Key

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your shuttle service experience with us and thank you for recognizing Roger's efforts. Our teams work hard at extending the best in hospitality to our guests so he will be delighted to know that he did just that. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The staff are very helpful. However, I have stayed at nicer hotels.
When I first entered my room, the cleanliness was not to my standard, and I had to switch rooms. I could see greasy streaks across countertops and on the desks, the bed sheets had dimples in them, as if someone had sat on the bed. I tried to imagine what had happened before I arrived... Once rooms were switched, it was better, but there are a few stains on the carpet, and the bathtub has that soap scum feel to it, like it has not been scrubbed recently. Nothing has has super clean feel to it.
Beyond that, this is a place people come to stay when they want to be close to the airport, or play golf. They wake up early, kids running down the halls, and are out on the course or wherever they're going. The walls are thin.
At least the overall look is relatively modern, and the beds are comfy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests no matter what the circumstances as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve the overall guest experience. While you did enjoy our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds, It appears that we missed several opportunities with your room cleanliness for which we offer sincere apologies. Please know that your experience is in no way indicative of the quality we provide for our guests. Our housekeeping manager will address the deficiencies you mentioned and will continue to reinforce our standards in this area. Thank you again and we hope that we will have another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!