“Hotel Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Hotel Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel was nice, breakfast buffet excellent! Beautiful outdoor pool and patio! Next to a golf course and river. Service was good and staff very friendly and helpful.

The only negative I have was the snacks in the gift shop were way overpriced!

Room Tip: My room faced the front overlooked the airport rail however the rooms on the opposite side overlook...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for posting your recent review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Although the gift shop is a concession, prices are quite comparable to the hotel gift shops in the area. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you on a return trip.

Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Outstanding value for a hotel close to the Miami International Airport.

Andrew the Evening Manager has done an excellent job of providing a variety of tasty dinner dishes in the Club Lounge.

The Rickenbacker restaurant offers an outstanding breakfast -- Domingo "Sunday" makes a mean omelet and the service was outstanding by Bostone Ardeus.

Room Tip: If you need a convenient place to stay close to MIA airport....this is a solid choice. The facility...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and overall services. Our staff focuses on exceptional service for all our guests so Andrew, Bostone and Domingo will be delighted to learn that they made a lasting impression. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Initially we had some minor issues with our room situation, but overall our stay was very welcoming. In particular the bartenders Jay & Victor were amazing. Jose the manager and Jose the chef also made our stay fabulous. We got engaged in Miami and they made our engagement weekend one to remember. Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are very proud of Jay and Victor and both Joses from our culinary team. It is a pleasure to hear that your experience was typical of their outstanding commitment to hospitality. They will be delighted to learn that they helped to make your engagement weekend one to remember. Thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Jon K. Wubbena. CHA
Bald Knob, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I first interacted with Nicole yesterday when I called to see if I could be moved to a new room, due to the air not working in my room. She was very professional and responsive. She apologized several times, which I appreciate but didn't need. She made it a priority to get me moved to a new room. Before she sent keys up to me, she had housekeeping and engineering inspect the room. I really appreciate all she did.

Today, I've had issues all day with connecting to the guest room wifi on my iPhone, after spending all day on it yesterday. I spent over an hour on the phone with Apple tech support and Verizon. Neither could help with the problem. Apple advised I go to Lincoln Road to the Apple Store to get tech support. This issue has had me stressed most of the day because I'm leaving in the morning to travel out of the country for a week and must have wifi connection while there, so I don't incur a large data charges on my phone bill. I called Nicole to see if she could help me find a cab. She suggested I try using the meeting room connection first and to come down to the front desk after.

Once I got the front desk, she came out immediately to make sure I was taken care of. After discussion, she suggested her calling the tech support for the hotel internet. She placed the call and did all the steps the tech advised. After hours of stressing, I was relieved because of suggestion and thanks to her, everything was fixed. I was worried it was my phone, not the hotel connection. However, we discovered it was the connection.

It's people like Nicole that make me come back to Starwood hotels, regardless of the price sometimes. Often, I can find cheaper rooms with another property like Hilton or Marriott. However, I'm never let down by the service I receive at a Starwood property.

Kudos to Nicole!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for relating your recent experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel and Executive Meeting Center. We are very proud of Nicole and all that she does for our valued guests. It is a pleasure to hear that your experience was typical of her outstanding commitment to hospitality. It was very generous of you to take the time to commend her. I have personally shared your comments with Nicole C. as well as the entire team so that we can all celebrate her again for her gracious and professional service.

Tartu, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Parfect choice for spending a night between two flights. It is conveniently close to the Miami International Airport, it has its own shuttle to there and back. There is not much to to in the close surrounding area, only the big golf ground and big trafficlines are surrounding it. But the hotel is good and clean and beautiful and the rooms are spacious and nice. Well connected with the airport.

Room Tip: We had the bay-view, which was great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and services. We are literally on the door steps of the Miami International Airport making it extremely convenient for our guests. On your next visit, please inquire with our guest services for suggestions on nearby attractions and their accessibility via the transportation center across the street. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope for that visit soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Airport hotels are, by and large, a matter of convince for me. In that light, we stopped here for one night between flights. However, this Sheraton managed to give us the more downtown experience of an SPG property.

The rooms were clean and in good shape, the bed wonderful and even the breakfast buffet and outdoor dining (overlooking a golf course and the city beyond) was a delightful addition to the vacation trip.

This is my new Miami airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you were pleasantly surprised with your experience. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back to your new between flights hotel in Miami.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Everything was perfect.
Location, Service, specially the bed was really comfortable.
We stayed for 4 days in this hotel and the view was perfect.
Breakfast was Hot food (potato, egg scramble, fruits , yogurt, etc) It was really good.
They also have guest laundry so it was convenient for travelers and the GYM was Excellent.
We definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting such a delightful review. We are so pleased that your overall experience was a pleasant one. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are one of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts core initiatives and our guests often rave about its comfort. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!