“Nice Hotel GREAT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 130 hotels in Miami
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just finishing up a four day stay for a retreat and had to drop a line while it is still on my mind. First, the property is exactly what you should expect. No disappointments. What shines is the amazing service. I read Gillian's review and understand that they had to wait at the counter. What she did not know was that this counter is hammered every night as well as when some international flight arrive. The counter can hardly be responsible for the amount of people that want to stay. Neither should they be held responsible for when people arrive. The counter was amazingly helpful and kind to me throughout the stay. They even bothered to learn my name and would great me each time I walked by. From there let's go to facilities. Evelyn was in charge of keeping my room. This woman was always bright and cheerful. She never missed anything that needed to be done and called me "Sir" at every meeting. So polite and so nice to be around. Bostone was my server most for many of the meals and I cannot speak highly enough regarding this man. My coffee cup was never empty, my plates never sat, even though I would sit with colleagues and chat well after dinner was over, and my water glass stayed full. Each greeting was nice and sincere. With that said I should state that the entire wait staff was the same way. When I left this morning the chef's that work the Omelette and side bar came around and gave me a hug. Each morning and afternoon we exchanged cordial greetings and when I left I felt like I was going to miss them like I would miss my morning coffee. The retreat event was well run and well staffed. The manger of this retreat was very sweet and very professional. We had several conversations and I was pleased with her personal skills and her ability to make everyone feel welcome. The snack bars were kept completely stocked for us and the staff was friendly and would get you anything extra you might require. As with the rest of the staff, the would quickly recognize you and warmly great you. I go to a lot of these functions and always make a point of meeting the people that are taking care of me. I must say that rarely have I been at a place where the level of service was so consistent across the board. Middle management should be congratulated for keeping the trenches clean, effective and friendly. Well done Sheraton.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

2,018 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped overnight flying between cities. Disappointed. Loooong wait at the front desk to check in (supervisor apologized and said he wasn't supposed to be working (?); halls long and a bit shabby; room was fine and bed terrific but towels thin and scratchy- not sure why they don't invest in good towels; I was told on the phone I reserved a room with bathtub but told at counter no such thing; cockroach at the computer center that night (only 3 computers); food fine but wait long... overall not good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests as it provides us with invaluable insight as to where improvements may be made. It appears that we missed a few opportunities in your overall experience and apologize for the deficiencies you encountered. We recently completed upgrades in several areas, including new installation of hallway wall covering and fixtures along with carpeting that also included guest room carpeting. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Like other reviews have stated, you have to take a taxi to this hotel. It was exactly what you'd expect for an airport hotel. Everything was very nice and clean. Nothing spectacular, but a good value hotel if you need to spend some time by the airport.

Room Tip: Our room facing the golf course was great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent posting. We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us.
For your kind information, we offer complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport that runs 24 hours a day and regret that you were not able to take advantage of this amenity. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Miami.

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had breakfast at The Rickenbacker Restaurantt almost at the end of serving breakfast but Bostone, our waiter went above and beyond and got me my Belgian waffle. He was kind and gracious. It was a pleasant way to start my day!

Room Tip: Ask and they will try their best to accommodate.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review and thank you for recognizing Bostone's efforts as you attempted to grab breakast. He will be delighted to learn that he made a lasting impression. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Miami.

Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The lobby of this hotel is very impressive but the rooms are not as nice as the lobby.
We just needed a place to sleep while visiting the area so this was just fine for our needs.
However, this hotel should be booked because of location and not other reasons. If you are looking for luxury, you may be disappointed.
You do hear the planes all night for take off and landing but it actually did not bother us at all.
The only real complaint would be that the bathroom was not very clean. There was quite a bit of mold on the ceiling and walls in the shower.
The linens on the bed were clean and the room felt clean overall but I was surprised by the state of the shower.
In short, if you need a place to sleep and are looking for something very close to the airport, I would recommend this hotel. If you want something more from your hotel, you may want to keep looking for something else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
maryland, usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel on New Years Eve, as we had an 8am flight New Years Day. The hotel was comfortable, and clean. The best part is the shuttle that will pick you up within three miles of the hotel. We rented a car from ACO, which is not located in the rental car center, but is about one mile north of the hotel. I highly recommend ACO as they are much cheaper then the others, and after checking in to the Sheraton, they picked us up and brought us back to the hotel.
I received an email the night before our arrival offering an upgrade to club level and or a suite. We gladly upgraded to the club level. The evening snacks from 5:30 to 8:30 were more of a meal, and very good,however it was crowded and the food was gone by 6:30. Soda and fruit were also available. There were two computers with internet and printing capabilities.
We ate at Vin Fiz, the bar for lunch. The food was typical bar food,but it was good. We also order room service and it arrived fast and hot and tasted good also. We were a bit disappointed that there was not any New Years Eve party or gathering at the hotel for guests.
I recommend the hotel for a basic,close to the airport one night stay. There is nothing around the hotel so if you wish to shop or dine out I would not stay here. The beds are comfy and the rooms clean.

Room Tip: We did not want to wait for the golf course view as we were staying only one night, but it was prett...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
St. Moritz, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had booked this hotel because we arrived very early in the morning (4 am) in MIA after a 10 hours flight and did not want to travel on the same night. The hotel is right across from the car rental center and we thought we could thus avoid the never ending journey with the "MIA airport People Moover ." That was the case on arrival, we were able to go directly into the free shuttle and check-in went smoothly. A nice lady checked us in - actually the only nice staff member we encountered. In the room however first thing we found a big cockroach running around. We were too tired and fell into bed at 4:00 - a restless night with the knowledge of the unsavory animal. In the morning we had a complimentary breakfast at the club room - nice, but nothing special. At check-out, we asked about an Award Code we had gotten on e-mail and which the lady at check-in could not accept as there was nobody there during this time, so she told us to mention this at check-out, but the lady there would not hear nor did she want to clarify something in this regard. Our reference to the cockroach she acknowledged with a shrug and the question "Want to check you out now or not?" - she could not have cared less! - really disappointing for a Sheraton standard. We asked about the shortest way to the car rental station right across the street and she sourly advised us to take the shuttle back to the airport and from there go back by the People Moover . We were disappointed, paid our bill and asked the bell captain who could not help us any better. Thus we called a taxi who drove us across the street - if you have to get back to the airport to take the People Moover all the same, there is not advantage of the location of this hotel!
Poor service a very bad-tempered front-desk staff at check-out who should not be in a job with guest contact. The value for money would otherwise be good but we doubt we will choose this option next time - we could as well have taken a taxi from any hotel around the airport for the same prize.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!