“An Overnight Stay became a Lasting (Good) Impression” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“An Overnight Stay became a Lasting (Good) Impression”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We booked this hotel simply for convenience when we flew in a day early for a cruise. Our flights got off schedule, so we were really happy to hear of the optional lounge with appetizers and beverages for a fixed price. The lounge was spacious, with beautiful views, comfortable couch seating, TVs, fresh fruit, cheese, stuffed mushrooms and calamari! Such a nice alternative to 1). Ordering pizza, 2) sitting in a restaurant 3) having to go somewhere. The hostess had to order replenishments because about 10 guests walked in with us about 35 minutes before it would close. We had a simple breakfast there, too, which was a convenient option. Sheraton employee Fabiola Tanis was exceptional both at check-in and check- out. She was professional and efficient as she made sure we weary travelers knew the features and benefits of the hotel. The information that she shared turned this visit from " somewhere to sleep " to a very memorable stay, based on customer service and the amenities at this location. The bed was great, we enjoyed the pool, and we would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
It was a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff focuses on exceptional service for all our guests so they will be delighted to learn that they made a lasting impression. Thank you for recognizing Fabiola's efforts. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.and we look forward to another opportunity to host a future stay.

Kind regards,
Jon K Wubbens, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Luckily we were only here for an overnight stop before an early flight to Belize. If we'd not been so tired we would have walked out. Our bedroom was missing the door security lock and 2 out of 4 lamps did not work. The bathroom floor was disgusting and clearly had not been cleaned recently. In the morning we discovered that the shower was broken and would only produce cold water - not a great start to the day at 5am. This is not, in our experience , a luxury hotel and we will not be staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate hearing from our guests no matter what the circumstances and wish to thank you for your comments as it provides invaluable insights as to where potential improvements may be made. We have a preventive maintenance program in effect so I am quite surprised and embarrassed for your experience. Please know that this is in no way indicative of the standards we provide for our guests. I am terribly sorry for any discomfort and inconvenience during your stay and hope that you will afford us another opportunity to better serve you. In this regard, please feel free to reach out to me on your next visit to Miami.

Sao Paulo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was a guest of Sheraton Miami Airport from 10/21 to 10/26. We did a check out at the hotel on 27 at about 9:30 AM and took a shuttle bus to the airport. When we arrived at the airport, the driver (Dino) had exchanged my luggage with another guest. I told that the luggage was not mine (and even though that it was not my bag, he said me to keep it) and then told me to try to find the guest that was fliying to Caracas by myself and exchange our luggage at the airport. But, his luggage hadn´t any identification and dind´t know how the guest looks like. So I tryed to call the hotel to ask the name of the guest but bell service told me to wait and call back. After 15 minutes of waiting, he told me that he was unable to check the name of the guest because the hotel has a big number of check out every day. Because of that, I hadn´t the name of the guest, so the airport and the air companies weren´t able to help me on time and they advised me to call the police. Then the police returned the guest luggage to your hotel by Dino (driver) and told me that the hotel had to return mine back. I went to all the companies that had flights to Caracas on that time and also to the lost and foud service, I went everywhere trying to find my luggage and had no assistance from Sheraton Hotel. I returned the guest´s luggage and now I want mine back. I am really upset with your hotel because the shuttle bus has about 7 people and there was no control of who were there and also the driver hadn´t check if the luggage was right and gave to the wrong person. Besides that he hadn´t helped me on time although it were his fault and left me to do all by myself. I contacted the hotel and Mr. Gabe Pasztor, the manager, say that he can´t do anything... I am very UPSET!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are sorry that one of the other passengers mistakenly picked up your bag instead of their own. We are trying to see if we can identify this guest. As of now we have not heard from the airlines or the other party. We deeply regret the inconvenience and apologize. Our Manager, Gabe Pasztor, will remain in contact with you regarding any updates in our search for your lost item.

Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

What I really want to share is how well I've been attended by the hotel staff. Nice reception and the people in bell desk is awsome in particular Ernesto Diaz and Diego, a happy, efficient, polite, who had a possitive answer to all my needs. It's so nice when someone really wants to help a customer a do a great job! Thank you for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We were delighted to read your review and so pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to hear that our teams have succeeded in ensuring that our guests experience that care. Thank you for recognizing members of our reception team. Ernesto Diaz and Diego will be happy to learn that they helped
to make your stay pleasant. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we will look forward to your next visit.

Flower Mound, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's an avarage hotel.Need to ask for a golf corse view for sure.Airport view are pretty bad.One great thing is they have lightning high speed internet.Front desk girls were polite but they didn't give me suite upgarade ...am a SPG Platinum not even club floor room.

Room Tip: Need to ask for a golf corse view for sure
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel has a nice lounge in front of the golf club, beautiful view and very pleasant ambience. The rooms at the 9th level are big enough, clean and bright. However, what I really want to share is how well I've been attended by the hotel staff. Nice reception at the front desk and great attention at the restaurant in particular by Tania, a happy, efficient cuban lady who had a possitive answer to all my needs. It's so nice when someone really wants to help a customer a do a great job! Thank you for that.

Room Tip: Room with a view to the golf club
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our associates' primary focus is on providing exceptional service for all our guests so they will be delighted to learn that they made a lasting impression. I will share your comments with our teams and especially with Tania from the Vin Fiz. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity to host a future stay.

Kind regards,
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel was conveniently located to South Beach, restaurants, and cruise ships. They have a nice bar and work out room. Hotel was clean, bed super comfy, and staff accommodating.For a hotel so close to the airport its amazing its not noisy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back. Thanks again and take care!

Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!