“all things considered, a good stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Cleveland, Ohio
“all things considered, a good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

While I had higher expectations, based upon the photos I saw advertising this property, what I got was more than adequate. The room was clean and spacious. The free WI-FI service was a plus, after I figured out how to access it. The air conditioning worked well and the room came with an air purifier! The highlight of this visit, though, was the service. Every member of the staff that I encountered was on their game! From housekeepers to the bell staff to the waitress and the maitre d in the restaurant to the front desk, everyone went out of their way to be helpful, friendly and courteous. I was particularly impressed with Nicole Rodriguez at the front desk, who helped me work through an issue during checkout. Also, I would be remiss, if I did not indicate that while the food offered for Sunday Brunch was very good the service was AWE INSPIRING!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for posting such a delightful review. We are so pleased that your overall experience went well. We have a great team here and they are always ready to extend hospitality in a manner that our guests deserve. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I will make sure to share your comments with Nicole Rodriguez and our teams. We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.

With kind regards,
Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I wanted to propose to my girl with an special and romantic kind if thing. I thought maybe the expertise of the team at the Sheraton hotel would be convenient. I contacted the team of food and beverages and the immediately helped me!!! I did not expect such an engagement to my cause. The were very professional and quickly came up with a couple of ideas at an affordable price for me to throw the question. I ended up with a really nice meal presented by the Hotel chef; and a room upgraded(with no extra cost) with flowers every where and a romantic view of Miami. At the end she said yes and now I'm a happy engaged men. Thank u so much for all your hard work!!! Love Sheraton.

Room Tip: Just talk to the people of the hotel if u don't agree with something. They will always help you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Was very impressed with this hotel. It is one thing to preach customer service, but this hotel and all of its staff, obviously live it, and are dedicated to great customer service to its guests. From the front desk staff, to the porters who helped with my baggage. They were all very happy to help, and wanted to ensure that everything was taken care of. A special mention to Alex Guala who helped with my baggage in the morning, as well as made sure I hadn't forgotten anything in the room. Will definitely stay there again when I am traveling through MIA.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been an absolute pleasure to stay in, from the moment I stepped off the plane & boarded their complimentary shuttle, to meeting the lovely front desk staff Mario; who went out of his way to explain everything & welcome me. When going to my room & getting help from the staff such as Nicole & Karine; who were very down to earth, approachable and very professional.

The dinning service was exceptional, Boston who was our server paid close attention to my serving needs he was very accommodating.

My room was clean and kept tidy by the lovely service of Nivia who was very sweet.

Overall I would definitely come here again, the only downfall is that this hotel is not at the beach. However the beach is jus 30 minutes away so it wasn't so bad.

• Stayed September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After many travel delays and a cancelled flight, I had to overnight in Miami and ended up at the Sheraton. It was a great night stay, clean hotel, great, comfortable bed. I also met a lovely young lady at the desk, Ruth who greeted me very warm and friendly and made me feel very welcomed and relaxed after the miserable day that I had. Thank you Ruth for your warm smile, listening ear and making my stay memorable. I hope you are still there the next time I am in Miami.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've stayed here several times now when on business at the MACC and each experience is different. As a loyal SPG member, I try to stay in a Sheraton, Westin, W, etc whenever I can and it always helps when I have a nice experience. For an airport hotel, it is clean, only mildly outdated, and they run a convenient shuttle. On my first stay, I was given a great room, access to the club floor, and had free internet. On my most recent stay (only 2 months apart), I was not given any of these things and I was not given an explanation. Especially because I have a higher membership status now with SPG than I did two months ago. Then I was given a room with an overflowing toilet and when I called to complain (within 1 minute of checking into the room), I was not even given an apology, or offered any upgrade/compensation. The front desk worker was actually quite rude.
That being said, Alain C, who is the Valet manager, made up for any bad things that occurred. He went out of his way to make sure I had transportation (even personally drove me in the hotel van when my cab was 20 minutes late). In addition, I had a very important bag delivered to the hotel mid-day that I needed at a work meeting. He was kind enough to hand deliver it to me free of charge. He and his team were absolutely awesome and even though the other parts of my stay weren't an A+++ experience, the Valet team really came through and helped me out in a tough situation. And they did it with a smile! Would I stay here again? Definitely. It's not my first choice but it always serves it's purpose.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

what i got when i called and made my reservations was not what greeted me i called and ask if they had truck parking because i am a trucker and would need a place to park my rig when i arrived they told me i could park but it would be $60,00 a day but i saw no where to park it anyway so i had to make other arrangements they also told me there would be fridge and micro wave there is not one in the whole motel they just told me whatever they needed to sell me the room

Room Tip: check it out before buying
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!