“A hotel with a heart that beats” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Miami
UK
“A hotel with a heart that beats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped here for just one night after landing in Miami. The hotel's proximity to Miami Airport and the regularily of the complimentary shuttle made it a very easy and short journey to check in. The staff at the front desk were welcoming and among the friendliest we have encountered. They recognised our SPG Gold status and made sure they gave us a very good room. The room itself was spacious, although the bathroom was tiny. It was well cleaned and the beds were very comfortable with soft linens.

We visited the Club Lounge where we were warmly welcomed by Jorge, who asked us to pose for photographs on the launch of Sheraton's Wine Tasting Program on the night of our stay. He gave us lots of information on the local area and tips for getting about. There was an abundance of food available in the lounge.

We also visited the bar on the ground floor and were looked after in fine style by the bartenders, Miguelito and Victor. Breakfast next morning was well laid out with plenty of choice.

We've really enjoyed our stay here and have now made this our hotel of choice for stopovers in Miami. We'll definitely be back and are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We’re so glad you had a pleasant experience while you were here. We consider our guests an extension of our family and strive to treat them that way from the moment they arrive until they depart, so we’re thankful to read about the personal and professional care you received from our staff. I will pass along your comments to Jorge, Miguelito and Victor. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. We value your recommendation and look forward to your return visit.

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Checking in process was very efficient, it took not more than 4 minutes, and was done very friendly too. Pleasant room, you feel right at home. The bed is awesome, what a pleasant experience, feels and smells very clean. Great shower. Free wifi. The free shuttle takes you in 5 minutes to the Airport (and also picks you up there, on level 2).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are indeed comfortable and our guests often rave about its comfort. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami!

Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very Nice Hotel for business, the good points is its location near the airport, the rooms are spacious and clean. Air conditioner is to loudly and very cold on the meeting rooms. Breakfast buffet is very good. The bed is very soft. Very kind staff. There is nothing close for the free time after meetings

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank amoreno1975
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience with us. We are literally on the door steps of the Miami Airport making it extremely convenient for our guests. Connectivity is good from this location; i.e., Airport Flyer Express Bus to Miami Beach, Metro-Rail to downtown Miami, our very own shuttle service to Coconut Grove and Coral Gables, and independent shuttle service to the Dolphin Mall. With the completion of the Miami Intermodal Center directly across the street, connectivity will expand. I do apologize for the loud ac and hope you had addressed it with the front desk so we could have had the opportunity to make it right. Thank you again and we hope to have another opportunity welcome you.

México, Mex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very comfortable, clean and staff very helpful for whatever we needed; the restaurant Rickenbacker have a friendly persons. Cheff Tiffany, Gloria, Alexis are great (Servers)!!! Good friends. Realy all servers are friendly.
Excellently placed, two minutes from the airport and opposite the car rental pick.up

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fernando R
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my 1st time in Miami and definitely not my last. This hotel is very convenient and efficient. I upgraded to the club level and I'm glad that I did. So if you have the extra money please do so. Check-in was extremely fast the rooms and halls and bathrooms were spotless. I did not get the chance to eat at the restaurant or breakfast buffet but I ordered room service on multiple occasions and the service was never a disappointment and was always prompt. Every employee I had an encounter with was genuinely nice and they treated everyone as royalty and with great professionalism.

I believe that great work deserves recognition because without good employees there's no good service. Mayling Marenco from the club lounge division made it feel as if actually traveled along with someone. She was the friend I didn't bring and even remembered my name and always asked about my day and what I did. She always double checked to see if I wanted more of the hors d'oeuvres before she neatly put them away. Everyone was friendly and welcoming but she stood out the most. Other staff I'd like to acknowledge is Ivette Medrano and Scott (an older gentlemen) from room service. They were professional and asked if they could enter and where I wanted them to place my food. During my stay I only encountered Alexi from the club lounge once and briefly but he was extremely kind when I did.

The downside was the fact that towards the end of my stay the wi-fi on the 10th fl wasn't functioning properly but that has nothing to do with the hotel/customer service but technology itself. There is wi-fi available in the lobby and computers for personal use as well as in the club lounge. When I contacted guest services I was told to come to the front desk to discuss the problem. Winnie Tseng the Front Desk Supervisor was polite apologize for the inconvenience, offered alternatives and kept her promise and called my room twice to follow up the work of the engineer to ensure the wi-fi was up and running. Also if you're on vacation you shouldn't worry too much about wi-fi you should be out exploring Miami...that's what I did. there was another gentleman who checked me in I believe his name was Tomas, there were so many names that I'm not sure but he was efficient and welcoming upon arrival. he worked 6/9 and checked me in about about 2pm if that helps.

Lastly the most important thing to me was getting around. I do not know how to drive yet but I did not have to take a cab at all and saved loads of money. I went to the metro station approximately 1.5 blocks away and took either the bus or train to my destination. You can travel all over for only $5 dollars. I went to south beach, American Airlines Arena, Carrabas, Dash, Lincoln rd and Collins ave. and more for only $10 (2 days) with no cabs and took amazing pictures. I went to Dolphin Mall (movie theater inside) via hotel shuttle and tipped the drivers/greeters every time. They also deserve recognition as they always welcomed me back everytime I returned from the day's journey. I see myself returning as soon as possible. It's just sad that people can't take the time to do reviews especially for an establishment like this their faces lit up everytime I requested their names so I can do the reviews when I get back to NY. They were even more willing to do things after I offered to do the review. Amazing staff and hotel.

Best things about the hotel: airport shuttle, area shuttle, proximity to public transportation, employees and food. Never heard the airplanes, only saw them. You don't need a car to navigate the city.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course.