“Amazing Hotel for an Amazing Price” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing Hotel for an Amazing Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my 1st time in Miami and definitely not my last. This hotel is very convenient and efficient. I upgraded to the club level and I'm glad that I did. So if you have the extra money please do so. Check-in was extremely fast the rooms and halls and bathrooms were spotless. I did not get the chance to eat at the restaurant or breakfast buffet but I ordered room service on multiple occasions and the service was never a disappointment and was always prompt. Every employee I had an encounter with was genuinely nice and they treated everyone as royalty and with great professionalism.

I believe that great work deserves recognition because without good employees there's no good service. Mayling Marenco from the club lounge division made it feel as if actually traveled along with someone. She was the friend I didn't bring and even remembered my name and always asked about my day and what I did. She always double checked to see if I wanted more of the hors d'oeuvres before she neatly put them away. Everyone was friendly and welcoming but she stood out the most. Other staff I'd like to acknowledge is Ivette Medrano and Scott (an older gentlemen) from room service. They were professional and asked if they could enter and where I wanted them to place my food. During my stay I only encountered Alexi from the club lounge once and briefly but he was extremely kind when I did.

The downside was the fact that towards the end of my stay the wi-fi on the 10th fl wasn't functioning properly but that has nothing to do with the hotel/customer service but technology itself. There is wi-fi available in the lobby and computers for personal use as well as in the club lounge. When I contacted guest services I was told to come to the front desk to discuss the problem. Winnie Tseng the Front Desk Supervisor was polite apologize for the inconvenience, offered alternatives and kept her promise and called my room twice to follow up the work of the engineer to ensure the wi-fi was up and running. Also if you're on vacation you shouldn't worry too much about wi-fi you should be out exploring Miami...that's what I did. there was another gentleman who checked me in I believe his name was Tomas, there were so many names that I'm not sure but he was efficient and welcoming upon arrival. he worked 6/9 and checked me in about about 2pm if that helps.

Lastly the most important thing to me was getting around. I do not know how to drive yet but I did not have to take a cab at all and saved loads of money. I went to the metro station approximately 1.5 blocks away and took either the bus or train to my destination. You can travel all over for only $5 dollars. I went to south beach, American Airlines Arena, Carrabas, Dash, Lincoln rd and Collins ave. and more for only $10 (2 days) with no cabs and took amazing pictures. I went to Dolphin Mall (movie theater inside) via hotel shuttle and tipped the drivers/greeters every time. They also deserve recognition as they always welcomed me back everytime I returned from the day's journey. I see myself returning as soon as possible. It's just sad that people can't take the time to do reviews especially for an establishment like this their faces lit up everytime I requested their names so I can do the reviews when I get back to NY. They were even more willing to do things after I offered to do the review. Amazing staff and hotel.

Best things about the hotel: airport shuttle, area shuttle, proximity to public transportation, employees and food. Never heard the airplanes, only saw them. You don't need a car to navigate the city.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I must say that the service is excellent. The chef is the nicest and friendly person I'be ever met. The food is out of this world. Fine dining is what you can find there. The lobster is something I would never forget.
If I go back to Miami this is definitely the place I would stay in.
The tiki bar is the place to be at lunch during the buffet. The service is phenomenal in every corner of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed one night prior to a cruise. Our check-in was very quick and our room very comfortable, with a view over the adjacent golf course. The included breakfast buffet was one of the best we have ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

i stayed at the hotel for 4 days with a group of officers from all over the Caribbean and must say that we had a wonder time. the accommodation was great, the staff was friendly especially the guys at the entrance and the restaurant staff like Tiffany (Cook), Damaris and Gloria (servers). they made us feel much welcomed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been at this Hotel for a week, attending a seminar in Miami, and i found the restaurant service excellent. I must specially commend one of the waitresses name Damaris, she was tremendous, always providing service with a smile! The overall service was superb, I can certainly say I would spend another trip here at the Sheraton!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed there last month (May) with some friends... the great thing about this hotel is because it´s by the airport. There´s a free shuttle to the airport and the drivers are really, really sympathethic. Both of the drivers who drove me to the airport were really nice and helpful!
Staff was really helpful and polite but one thing that I didn´t like was... the bathroom!!
Yeah! I spent 3 days there after a cruise. I arrived at the hotel a couple hours before check in, there was a room available and when I entered the room and saw the bathroom I felt really disappointed... there were strands of hair on the walls, the toilete seat was clearly not cleaned, there were dirty bath towels in the bathroom and on the couch!! Called "room service" and asked for clean towels since there weren´t any! A very polite man brought me some clean towels and I asked him if he could take the dirty ones away I decided NOT to complain about the dirty bathroom, decided to wait and see if the next day when I left the room they would clean the bathroom. I was wrong... arrived at the hotel at night and the bathroom wasn´t cleaned AGAIN!! The strands of hair on the wall were not even touched!!
Before staying at Sheraton I spent 2 nights at another hotel (not Sheraton chain), I spent less money on it but my room was cleaned every day both bedroom/bathroom and had clean towels every single day!!
Probably I´d stay at Sheraton again, it´s a good hotel, pretty close to the airport, staff is great but cleanliness is ESSENTIAL!!!
Spending the whole day out and when you arrive at the hotel you only have your bed made and the desk cleaned is really disappointing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! Very close to the airport with easy access to Doral and SB! Staff was friendly, special thanks to Ernesto Diaz for helping us out and being so cordial. Easy to find! Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!