“Really comfy room and great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Miami
Hampton
“Really comfy room and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last minute and from the front desk to the bar the service was wonderful. Our room was very comfy and quiet and since our luggage went without us the front desk provided us with all the necessary toiletry items. Shuttle service was really fast both ways. would definitely recommend!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Your reviewThank you for taking the time to share your overall experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We were delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay and our staff will be happy to hear that they helped to make that happen. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcomed. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards, David Berger

1,992 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to Miami Beach for Spring Break. This hotel offered a student discount so it was within our budget. Although it was 20 min from Miami Beach it was still an excellent choice. The hotel was very accommodating and the service was excellent. We had complimentary breakfast which was delicious. Behind the hotel was a scenic view of a swimming pool, lounge area, and golf course. It was not the best hotel that I have ever stayed in, but overall I had an excellent experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
We have reviewed your posting and appreciate the feedback. We were pleased to learn that you had an overall pleasant stay and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Miami.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff here was uniformly hospitable and accommodating - extra mile sort of stuff. The food in the restaurant or in room service always hot and tasty. The only glitch during my visit - the hotel was having some elevator issues. Never fun, non-working elevators (any mechanical issue) can happen to anyone but since the hotel had "people on it" thru the night no bad marks from this reviewer. I'd stay again. Near the airport but sleeping-wise one would never know this.

Room Tip: ask for a PURE room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and for your understanding as we attempted to bring our elevators back on line. We were of course pleased to learn that you enjoyed our services and your stay with us in spite of the elevator glitch. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back on a future trip.

Kind regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The best thing the hotel offers is it's location to the Miami Airport. The rooms and decor are very dated. The beds are comfortable but my rooms were small. As a SPG Platinum member, I selected to use my Suite Stay Coupons but the hotel never notified me that they were not able to honor them because of space. I was told they had no suites available during checkin nor was I offered any type of upgraded room. Being that I had two reservations, I was able to get two standard rooms on the club floor. During my weekend stay, I got stuck on the elevator for about 10 mins and then it started up and returned me to the ground floor. At which time, I spoke to the desk manager who arranged for someone to take up stairs via the service elevator. When I was checking out, again, only one elevator was working so i took the stairs from the 10th floor to the lobby. The club lounge was lacking in a lot of ways. The one person working over the weekend did her absolute best for the people using the lounge but was clearly overwelmed and could have used some help. The toilet in my room was leaking and when the serviceman came to fix it, I was told to 'not sit back too far' as it would leak again and they will have to replace. Additionally, the bathroom fan didn't work, and the vanity had only one out of three lightbulbs over the sink. And i'm not certain they ever vacuumed the floor in my room because there was lint on the floor from when i arrived until the day I left. Parking: It cost 15.00 to park whether you valet or self park.

Throughout my stay, I did receive a lot of apologies for things not being better and 'is there anything I can do to make it better" If they knew what was wrong or lacking (which they did, because I told them) did I really need to tell them how to fix it to make it better?

I am a SPG Platinum member and of all my travels over the years, I'm sad to say this hotel stay is really near the bottom. The hotel clearly needs some work in a lot of areas.

This hotel may be ok for an overnight stay because of proximity to the airport, but i wouldn't do it longer than that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always interested in hearing from our guests no matter what the circumstances. While we continually challenge ourselves to demonstrate and provide overall comfort for our guests, regrettably this was not the case with your visit. I’m terribly sorry to learn of the defiencies you rencountered. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make it right.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The location is great for quick travel to the airport. Elevators needs major work. Thanks to Kay for making this stay warm with her speedy check in. Food a lil pricy but really good. Thanks Tomas also for good service as well. Everyone here is really helping

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you your review of our hotel and thank you for your indulgence as we attempted to put the elevators back on track. Both Kay and Tomas will be so pleased to learn that they helped to ensure an overall pleasant stay. We hope to have another opportunity to be your preferred hotel on your next trip.

Kind regards,
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Even though it is an airport hotel, we foud this to be great location for our Miami trip. We mainly booked it for the ease of flying out for an early flight, but it turned out to be a nice central location for our trips to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Meyers and Miami Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I would like to commend two of the staff of the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. Agar, who checked us in was extremeny helpful, expediting our registration process even though our reservation was listed under a couple we were traveling with who had not yet arrived. Also offering us a high level of service was Kay, who secured transportation for us to a nearby market so we could purchase several essentials for our upcoming cruise. The entire experience at the hotel was excellent, including the accomodations, the staff, and the restaurant.

Room Tip: Golf course side might be quieter, but wwe were on the street side and found it very quiet as wll.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!