“Absolute comfort and tranquility!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Absolute comfort and tranquility!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was picked up promptly, with-in 10 minutes of waiting for the shuttle. All shuttle drivers were very helpful and engaging, loading my luggage. Check in was a breeze, no wait, was assigned a room on the airport side, asked for one on the golf course side and was happily and eagerly accomodated. The air conditioner in my room was not loud and I rather enjoyed the 'white noise' that the pure air purifer and a/c provided, slept like a baby. The bed is very comfortable and there is absolutely no noise from the airport or neighboring rooms. There are a few centimeters under the door, yet hall noise was barely audible. I put a towel across the bottom of the door to block light from the hall from coming in. The room and bath were impecably clean and fresh, the pillows had perfect loft and nothing was stained. The linens must have been newer or the thread count high because it was not rough or pilled, same with the towels. The bath had an adjustable pattern rain shower head, marble flooring and a granite counter. The color theme in the rooms and the rest of the hotel are very spa like, aquamarine, sandy beige and warm brown. The rooms are completely modern and do not need updating. I ordered room service my first night and was greeted by the nicest man on the telephone while calling in my order, it was delivered within 20 minutes and was delicious. There is a small gift shop off the lobby which was very convenient for snacks, beverages, souvenirs and things you may have forgotten while packing. Check out was equally as simple and quick. The internet connection in the business center on the main level is so slow that I was unable to print my boarding passes having to wait no less than 10 minutes for things to load, click by click. After spending an hour getting my boarding passes on screen, I had to have a magic code to print, which is not provided. I was offered use of the elitist club levels busniess center on floor 2 or 'M' and had them all recalled to the screen and printed within 5 minutes. My experience was wonderful with just two minor oversights, I was not given my vouchers for the breakfast buffet and I specifically booked a room saying that it did include this amenity. The waitress asked the front desk about it, and indeed I didn't have to pay for breakfast, but it was inconvenient and embarassing to have to figure it all out and plead and bargain with the waitress in the restaurant as a voucher was not offered at check in. I also did not recieve and was not offered my $5 gift certificate for not having my room linens changed and made up by the maids on my second day. I put the correct plackard on the door. As the shuttle bus was ready to leave, I didn't stick around to fight for it. Overall, I love this hotel, issues were because of industry average minor employee neglect, accomodations were well above average. I would stay again, knowing to make sure to demand all that you have coming to you at around $200 per night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hotel staff is very pleasant, especially Mrs. Cecilia Suarez in the restaurant area. We apreciated the kindness of her during our staying. Our visit was exceptional. The location is very convenient close to airport. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed one night at this property before an early morning flight. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant is very good. I had both lunch and dinner. They have a great outdoor patio for dining. A definite plus. Completely covered for shade and beautiful views of canal and golf course.

The rooms are clean and nice. I was upgraded to a club floor room. This is the first Sheraton I have stayed in that had an enormous club lounge. It is the largest lounge I have ever been in. Reminds me of an airline lounge at an international airport. The choice of food was great and between meals the lounge had plenty of beverages and snacks available.

I would highly recommend this property for a quick stay before a flight. It could be a little more inconvenient for longer stays given there is really nothing close by, since it is at the airport.

Room Tip: Go for the club floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Bc, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Flew in for a one night B and B before our cruise. Chose the golf course view which was also better than expected. The bed was excellent. Quiet for an airport hotel. Staff attentive throughout. Was especially impressed with the valet parking and drop-off and concierge dept. It was a busy Saturday morning and these guys worked with platoon-like precision in filling a up tour/transfer buses, taxis, and guest vehicles.
Negs: the place is a little run down, but for the money I don't care. The breakfast buffet very busy and something less than that of a cruise ship for cuisine quality, but for the money I don't care. Would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Get golf course view for the quiet. The breakfast buffet is pricey for what you get but you get grea...
Mechanicsville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here after returning from a cruise. Staff was pleasant and helpful; room was large and clean; nice pool and outside area to relax. We got a deal on a booking website that included the breakfast buffet with our room, which was very nice. Restaurant is quite pricey. We ordered room service for dinner off the "all day long" menu instead of having dinner in the expensive restaurant. Free shuttle to and from airport.

upstae ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family and I had just finished a pretty horrible vacation and stopped here for a one night stay before heading back to New York. We settled down for a rather late lunch at the Sheraton Miami Airport’s restaurant, called Rickenbacker. We were immediately informed that the dining room was closed and were escorted to the patio for lunch. We weren't honestly expecting much, and my wife’s complex allergies made explaining things to the waitress (a sweet, joyful woman who had obviously picked up English as a second language) difficult. After trying her best to assist my wife, she offered to bring out the chef.

He came out quickly and discussed the situation with my wife. He even went so far as to go back, rip the labels off a couple of items, and bring them back out just to make sure they were safe. He was surprisingly chatty. There were very few customers in the restaurant at this point, but having worked in a couple of kitchens myself, I know there’s always a ton of prep work for evening service, and it was around the time for that sort of thing to be in full swing. Instead, he squatted on the ground next to our table and listened, really listened, to everything she had to say about our trip and our experiences.

Then he just started asking my wife what she wanted (a sandwich) and what she liked (onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc) then disappeared. What came out of the kitchen, hand delivered by the chef himself, was a honestly beautiful custom built sandwich. Grilled chicken, portobello mushrooms, grilled peppers and onions, along with a few other things. It was obvious that he didn't just throw something together in the kitchen that would be safe for her to eat, this thing was beautiful and he obviously put a lot of work and attention into it.

Truth be told, all our food was tremendous, and beat the dining we experienced on the cruise we were on hands down. After all we’d been through, my wife was so tickled that she wrote a little note on the bill thanking the chef for the dinner and the waitress for the service, stating both were outstanding (and yes, we tipped them well.) We know the waitress saw it, and we caught her smiling, but didn't really know if the chef got the message and didn't want to interrupt the dinner setup to find him. We simply assumed the waitress would pass on the positive review and that would be that.

This, is where the story goes from nice to just plain amazing.

That evening around 8 we happened to bump into the same chef again. We were in a special lounge that had some complimentary dinner food, almost all of which my wife couldn't eat. He walked up to my wife and, probably noticing there wasn't anything there for her except granola bars and water, went and got my wife a couple of cartons of soy milk from the kitchen. When he returned, we both thanked him again and told him again how amazing lunch was and how much it means to us to have someone genuinely care about her needs. He appreciated the praise, then said he actually wanted to do more, and said he would send some complimentary snacks that she could actually eat to our room. We thanked him again and he went back downstairs.

After we finished up, we returned to our room. Shortly after that, the phone rang and a gentleman asked if he could bring up the food. When it arrived, we were blown away.

It turns out we had been talking to Frank Liberoni, the executive chef in charge of every shred of food in the entire hotel and the restaurant, and it showed. These weren't snacks, not where I come from. I mean yes, the portions were snack sized, but this was 5 star stuff. cedar smoked salmon tartar, encrusted mahi mahi, two of the largest jumbo shrimp I've ever seen that tasted, I swear, like lobster.

There was another plate as well with a bit of chocolate molten cake, and two slices of another cake made of so many layers I lost count. There were also two bags of fruit snacks, two chewy granola bars, and two bags of chips, all of these things except the cakes were dairy free.

The real stunner is the thought that went into this package. Over the course of our conversation, we had casually mentioned that our oldest loves salmon. One of our children had also remarked that he had missed out on the molten chocolate cake we had on the cruise, and my wife said something about her love of fresh fruit. The chips, fruit snacks, and bars were likely because we also talked about our long train ride / bus trip home, and he wanted to give us something to eat. He had clearly been listening, not just playing the part.

Never has a complete stranger done anything like this for us. My wife was actually moved to tears. The gentleman who dropped off the food was named Scott, and he mentioned that his boss loves doing stuff like this and does it pretty often, asking nothing in return. Only when my wife stated she would love to give the hotel a perfect review did he produce a business card with Chef Frank Liberoni's on it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the grounds. We actually saw dolphins playing in the canal one morning...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is great for conviences but this time they slipped a few times .. We stayed 3 times over a 2 week period 1 st time paid for club but where missing the little extras robes , water in room 2 nd time they gave keys to our room to someone else at 4 am ... I had door lock on so they didn't get in But in was a rude awakening ..they did buy us breakfast as an apology . 3rd time everytime we tried to leave the parking garage the key would not work and a trip inside was required , also had to get room key reactivateed a couple of time . We did not pay for parking this time . In the past I have given this location a 5out of 5 but could not this time :(
As a side note the lounge service has not improved so as gold member we toke points instead of drink as it is to frustrating to sit and be ignored .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!