“Little misses .....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 129 hotels in Miami
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Little misses .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is great for conviences but this time they slipped a few times .. We stayed 3 times over a 2 week period 1 st time paid for club but where missing the little extras robes , water in room 2 nd time they gave keys to our room to someone else at 4 am ... I had door lock on so they didn't get in But in was a rude awakening ..they did buy us breakfast as an apology . 3rd time everytime we tried to leave the parking garage the key would not work and a trip inside was required , also had to get room key reactivateed a couple of time . We did not pay for parking this time . In the past I have given this location a 5out of 5 but could not this time :(
As a side note the lounge service has not improved so as gold member we toke points instead of drink as it is to frustrating to sit and be ignored .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

2,031 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for several years, and each visit has been exceptional. The hotel is located adjacent to a canal and golf course, providing very pleasant views. The lobby area is very open, with a tropical theme. Considering its proximity to Miami airport, we very rarely heard any associated noise.

We were fortunate to have a suite, with a great view of the canal/golf course. Everything was modern, functional, and very comfortable.

The hotel's dining area was very light and well appointed, with a wonderful outside covered eating area, providing beautiful views. There is a first-rate breakfast buffet, with a wide range of choices, including chefs making omlettes and pancakes to order. The dinner menu provides many innovative and reasonably priced choices (along with a similar and innovative menu at the Vin Bar). Chefs Frank Liberoni and Tiffany Duarte, are extremely talented, creative, friendly and compassionate. They go out of their way to make us feel like family. The entire food/beverage staff are exceptional, including Scotty, Angel, Gloria and everyone else.

There is also a very beautiful and spacious Club Lounge, with panoramic views. Abundant food is provided both in the morning and evening.

The fitness center is up-to-date with all of the equipment one would need.

Most important is the wonderful staff, from Dave Berger (the General Manager), Raul Ulloa (Hotel Manager) and everyone working there. They all make us feel like 'Family'. Special thanks to Nicole and Carolla (and all of great people working at the hotel) for always making sure that everything exceeds our expectations !!!!

One more important point: the hotel is pet friendly and our 2 dogs (Cirneco del Etna) love staying here. There is sufficient walking area, etc. Everyone makes them feel like they belong.

We look forward to many more stays.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This property is right next to the Miami airport and car rental return area. There is some road construction going on also that may slow you down. The hotel is clean and more modern than what one would expect from an airport hotel. Nice pool and exercise room. Next door to a golf course. The property has door men to park your car and take your luggage. The front desk bumped me up to the club room (SPG member). All staff courteous ad helpful. It made my stay much more pleasant. I would stay again.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I can't believe I'm the 1st person to rave about the burger, in the bar of this hotel ! The fries that come with it are hit & miss...but when they're good-they're really good! But, that's not what pulls me into this "pub". The 2 guys who work the bar are just super!!! Always a smile from Victor, & Miguel! They manage to be friendly, making you feel at home, while busy with all patrons. I travel for a living, & have no choice where I stay....I would stay here just for another smile from these gentlemen!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a lovely experience the day/night of 2.20.13. Geo Zeledon was very helpful in obtaining shuttle service for us to go out to dinner and breakfast. He was very welcoming to all of the guests around us and made sure we were very well served.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The service staff at the front desk was very accommodating and courteous. I enjoyed the visit to Miami so much that I am coming back next week.

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel prior to a cruise out of Miami. We spend two nights there, February 16 and 24, 2013. We had stayed there when it was still the Wyndam hotel. The check-in was okay. The lobby will fool you, because it does not reflect the rooms. They have done nothing to the dated rooms, especially the bathroom. The tile around the bathtub is left over from the 70s. Since we were only there for a couple of nights, we let that one go. My husband wanted to use the pool. There were other people out there with towels, but they were all gone. We asked twice if someone could being more towels. Nobody ever came.
When we were on the ship on the first day, I discovered that I had left my winter coat in the hotel room's closet. My husband made a call to the Sheraton and was told, yes, they had the coat and we could get it when we came back to spend the night after our cruise. When my husband went to get the coat, they could not find it. He went to the desk twice and was told every time that they were looking for it. The last time, and it was getting late in the evening, they were going to let the manager know and have him look in "Lost and found". We expected a call, one way or the other. Nobody called us. It was too late to do anything since we had a 6:00 a.m. flight and I ended up having to travel back to Washington State without a coat.
Now, I realize that it was my fault that the coat was left there in the first place. My problem is the integrity of this place. The "oh, well" attitude. I know that they are not responsible for my stuff, but I was told that the coat was there when I called. Somebody took it. No apology from anyone or follow through on the promises they made when they pretended to look for it.
When reading the reviews here, it looks like somebody else had a similar experience.
Well, Sheraton, Miami Airport, never again!!! It is a shame that Sheraton lends it's name to that place. Yuck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Two nights of the best experience we have had at any hotel! We were greeted warmly by an exceptional Bell Staff, especially Lucas B., Ernesto D., Douglas G., Geo Z., Miguel M., and sorry Alex didn't get your last name! I have never seen a group of individuals working so hard! They even took our rental car back for us! Friendly, polite, dedicated to going over and beyond and extremely helpful. To the manager, you have done a great job training and selecting the right persons for the job. Check in was a breeze because of Torri. Dinner service from Angel was also a great treat. When flying through Miami again we won't hesitate to stay at the Airport Sheraton ever!!

el M., Douglas G, Ernesto D., and Alex. We were taken care of

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!