“Shuttle makes this very convenient, great breakfast, but room air conditioner noisy.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before a cruise and just needed to sleep after our flight in. THe hotel is attractive and updated. Very good breakfast buffet and the rooms had very comfortable beds. I have to sleep with the air on and it was noisy. I have ear plugs but it was bad enough that I didn't get a great night sleep.

Room Tip: Facing the golf course is a great view and quiet -- no airport noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We only stayed 1 night in the Sheraton Miami Airport and the overall experience was absolutely fine! The free airport shuttle arrived without long waiting time and the transfer to the hotel only took 5 minutes! The room was pretty small but modern with a big bed - bathroom was pretty old though.but the noise was low - and we faced the airport. Free wifi worked ok. the biggest surprise for us was the breakfast location! the outside terrasse is overlooking the golfcourse and featured a wonderful view in the morning. breakfast was buffet and offered eggs of all kinds(separate cook) and fresh fruits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

From the outside looks great, lobby nice, bar & resturant nice, the outdoor pool overlooking the golf course looked great.
But the rooms come on Sheraton you are 1 of the best hotel chains in the world and I've stayed in your hotels before and I still will but these rooms need a makeover.
Of course I can't speak for all the rooms but mine smelled, was tired looking, and old.
Friendly staff but I like a nice room and I didn't get that here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel and got a room on the top floor, overlooking the golf course.
Room itself was nice and large with standard furniture. The bathroom however was dated with last century bathtub and what goes with it. The table of wash basin was newer however.
Basic ameneties and a hair dryer, coffee maker and an iron provided.
The tv was good with lots of channels.
The bed was comfortable and the pillows great.
I must say there were several things that brought my attention;

1. The hotel was feeezing in all areas, especially on the hallway, common areas and the lounge. All the a/c devices were blowing iced air with force. I was not comfortable anywhere and had to wear winter cardigan I brought for my journey.

2. The a/c in my room was so noisy I had to turn it down and could not use it for the whole stay. If you watched the TV you could not hear anything so loud was the a/c. Also the vantilator in the bathroom was noisy. I used ear plugs during the night. Apart of these, lots of noise from the hallway. The doors have a 3cm gap so cold and noise enteed into the room

3. The lounge was quite nicely put. But the lack of cups, glasses, small snacks and drinks was difficult to understand. Breakfast and evening o/d were too early, and were not convenient if you were out the whole day.
Out of these hours nothing was available to have a quick snack.
Breakfast was basic but acceptable. I was concerned as too many dishes and cuttlery were dirty.
The evening o/d were the same the whole week.

Free wifi in the hotel worked very well but the pc-s in the lounge were slow.
The entire staff were helpfull and made me feel welcome.

All in all it was not so bad stay but for the price paid I was disappointed.

I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

GEO:
You were the best helping me whith my broken bag
Always very helpfull and nice to us when we layover at this hotel.
The other bell boys are great too.
You are the only guys who make a difference in this hotel.
THANK YOU GEO!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall I was impressed with this hotel, its pretty professional and has a friendly staff that helps you. They gave us a small fridge which didn't come with the room for no extra charge. We also asked for toothpaste and they gave it to us. We had a small problem with the parking garage card, but they quickly resolved it and gave us a new card. They switched us to a room with a golf course view which has really nice view and private too. They also have a nice pool area outdoors overlooking the golf course and it has nice ducks and big birds walking around. There was nice soothing music we enjoyed one afternoon as we ate the delicious pizza from their restaurant. One gross thing is that we found a pubic hair in our coffee maker, safe to say, we didnt use it after that. Also to order a movie the price was $18 which blew my mind. But pretty good hotel, I would probably go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I just got back from four nights at the Sheraton Miami Airport.

The staff were friendly and courteous, though from reading other reviews I didn't really have anything to complain about.

My second night there I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and took a tumble off the curb. A huge shout out to Douglas Godinez, the valet who RAN to help me. He was heading back to the front entrance, and he must have heard me crash. Doug literally picked me up off the asphalt, helped to dust me off and carried my bag. He is clearly a nice man, courteous, and helpful. He did me a great service, as I had some scrapes and had sprained my ankle. He did the hotel a greater service, because I will now recommend, if you have to stay near the airport, stay at the Sheraton.

If you have someone at the hotel who you KNOW would take care of you, why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed February 2013