“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Brooklyn, New York
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall I was impressed with this hotel, its pretty professional and has a friendly staff that helps you. They gave us a small fridge which didn't come with the room for no extra charge. We also asked for toothpaste and they gave it to us. We had a small problem with the parking garage card, but they quickly resolved it and gave us a new card. They switched us to a room with a golf course view which has really nice view and private too. They also have a nice pool area outdoors overlooking the golf course and it has nice ducks and big birds walking around. There was nice soothing music we enjoyed one afternoon as we ate the delicious pizza from their restaurant. One gross thing is that we found a pubic hair in our coffee maker, safe to say, we didnt use it after that. Also to order a movie the price was $18 which blew my mind. But pretty good hotel, I would probably go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I just got back from four nights at the Sheraton Miami Airport.

The staff were friendly and courteous, though from reading other reviews I didn't really have anything to complain about.

My second night there I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and took a tumble off the curb. A huge shout out to Douglas Godinez, the valet who RAN to help me. He was heading back to the front entrance, and he must have heard me crash. Doug literally picked me up off the asphalt, helped to dust me off and carried my bag. He is clearly a nice man, courteous, and helpful. He did me a great service, as I had some scrapes and had sprained my ankle. He did the hotel a greater service, because I will now recommend, if you have to stay near the airport, stay at the Sheraton.

If you have someone at the hotel who you KNOW would take care of you, why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed February 2013
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

The bell service was good but that was the only thing good about this place. My first room I was awoken at 4:30am two mornings in a row to loud bangs and clanking dishes due to the room being next to a kitchen. It was also on the top floor and impossible to cool the room. I moved rooms after the second night which I have never had to do at a hotel before but I needed to be able to get some sleep. The new room was freezing cold so changed the thermostat only to find out the heater is broken in the entire place so only blows cold air. I was freezing for hours and wearing two jackets under the covers until the room warmed up. When I mentioned how hot the other floor was the response I got was its always that way. The remote control in this room also didn't work so I couldn't even control the volume or change the channel half the time. Every time I call the front desk I am sure they thought, it's her again but honestly if the place was in better shape I wouldn't have to. They were very rude to me tonight when I called about the remote for the second night in a row. I canceled the request for it to be fixed so I could just get some sleep as I have to be at the airport by 5am but mentioned they should check it out when I leave tomorrow so it works for the next guest. The front desk agent seemed very frustrated and short with me. Oh ya and the first room the shower didn't work great either, the second room it was fine so I guess it depends on which room you get. I honestly don't know how this place is so busy. It's probably one the worst hotel experiences I've ever had and I'm not that difficult to please. I'm usually happy and more comfortable at a Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn - Simple yet comfortable and great service.

• Stayed February 2013
Matt S, Marketing Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear AZW9LVER ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the standards we set at the hotel and have made sure to communicate your experience to the hotel management team so that we can avoid these situations in the future. We would like the chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to Miami.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A little slow starting off as we stood in the Starwood Preferred line. No one there to serve us but two other associates on the desk. Did not notice us for ten minutes. When we spoke up they immediately attended to us. Apologized and upgraded our room and gave us access to Club lounge. We were treated very well and all staff were really friendly. The hotel was fairly busy but valet and concierge were excellent
Food was just average but service good. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Great shuttle service from airport. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thane, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed for 2 days only as a stopover from Miami airport. Rooms are pretty decent, service is good, I did not find it excellent like some other reviewers have written. Standard fare, but the breakfast was always fabulous. The view on the outside near the silently gurgling stream makes up for your entire day in a big way , more than you can imagine. You must sip hot coffee or milk by the side. Don't sit inside though for your breakfast or you will miss this wonderful treat. our group used to eat outside not here, as was predecided by our tour operator, so I can't comment much about the food here. But overall stay was comfortable and staff approachable. The rooms are pretty small though, you get big coffee pods for brewing in your room.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel out of choice.
From the moment you step out of the Taxi / Airport Shuttle you are made to feel welcome.
Check in Staff are very friendly and professional, Torri being the face of the front desk team. Such a good first impresion for the hotel. She remembers your name and make you feel at home even if you do not use the desk for many hours afte arrival.
The rooms are always clean and being an Executive Housekeeper I am very particular about cleanliness. The property has never let me down. Consistantly of a high quality and very service orientated. I would always use this hotel whilst in the Miami Airport area and recommend it to anyone wanting a good relaxing stay in this area.

Room Tip: The "Pure Rooms" are very good. Club Rooms the best.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are there on a business trip for a 1 night layover on our way to Orlando. It's a nice place, We were in the club floor and had an amazing room with a fantastic view. The breakfast in the club room was average. the club isn't stocked well at all during off hours (water and pop only) What i found annoying was that after we had rented the car, there was no place for me to park for a short amount of time without having to pay the horrendous parking charge. We basically went up to our room packed came down to check out and got slapped with a $15.00 parking bill for 35 minutes. As a gold member, i asked if they could comp it as it was 5 minutes over the time limit, everyone seemed to not want to deal with it and pass it over to someone else.

This is the reason i wouldn't stay here again. It may seem petty on my end but i find that passing someone onto others is what i didn't like.

Room Tip: dont' have a car if u're staying here....find a different hotel with free parking.