“Was ok for a day room but...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Was ok for a day room but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was allocated for a day room following our cruise as we had a late flight back to UK. The location is excellent for the airport, 5 mins away.
We had room 449 which was ok albeit a little dated. I think it must be a smoking room and is need of a good airing and lick of paint but was clean and the beds were really comfortable.
The restaurant food was ok and service was good.
There is a pool but it looked a bit murky and we did not use this.
There is a golf course to the rear of the hotel which is nice to look out at.
Staff in the hotel were friendly.
I wouldn't want to go back for a stay though as I am sure there are nicer places for the same cost.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel doesn't look like much but it's perfect one stop before going on a cruise. I stayed here for one night before embarking in a cruise to the caribbean. There beds are soft and comfortable. To think they are right next to the airport, I couldn't hear one plane at all in my stay very quiet rooms. David from the front desk was very friendly and welcoming. Their staff is very eager to make you feel at home. I know where I'm staying if I have another cruise planned.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
North Plainfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Very convenience hotel to stay at for a cruise as it is 5 minutes from the airport and they have free shuttle service to and from the airport. When we checked in we were not told about certain benefits we qualified for as SPG members, like the complimentary evening appetizers and breakfast. The next morning when we inquired we had already missed the complimentary breakfast so Kay was kind enough to give us breakfast vouchers for the onsite restaurant. She also took care of a maintenance issue very quickly.

Room Tip: They have PURE allergy rooms which are very helpful for people who suffer from allergies. If you can...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt S, Marketing Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear canelatp,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport, I am glad to hear that Kay was able to handle the two issues you had during your stay with us. I hope that the PURE room you stayed in made your experience more enjoyable and we would love the chance to host you again the next time you are in Miami.
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

With all of the options that Miami has, there are plenty of places like this. The advantage, and when I would recommend it, is when you need to get to the airport (not with a car) or have to stay in Miami due to flight delays. The hotel has been remodeled, and free wifi is nice. The room was adequate, nothing special. The bathroom had been kind-of remodeled, everywhere except the shower. No free breakfast, and to turn in my rental car, I had to drive around the entire airport first (might be a Miami road problem, not Sheraton). Our floor hallway had a massive spill of some kind that no one had cleaned up.

Overall, not a terrible price for the location, but if you are staying in Miami for an extended period of time, you could do better.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside have a view of the golf course and skyline.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear utchampions,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Sheraton Miami Airport, I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty accessing the rental car center but hope that you found the proximity from rental car center to the hotel convenient. I will be sure to pass along the information you provided regarding a spill that was not taken care of in an appropriate amount of time. I hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to Miami.
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I want to acknowledge Maria Elena Nicaragua for great customer service yesterday 23 Jan 2013. I called the front desk from the gate area of the airport - having realized I had left an important item in my room. Maria Elena personally retrieved it and organized a 'special' shuttle to bring it to me at the curb. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights.it is located close to the airport.the room is very nice,clean and comfortable.the bed is fantastic.the breakfast is wonderful,with a lot of choice:from english/american breakfast,to pancakes,waffles,cereals,fruits,yogurt,porridge....the only drawback we found is that parking is not free, it is 15 dollars for night.

• Stayed January 2013
FORT MYERS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

THIS HOTEL WAS RATED 3 1/2 STARS AND SHOULD BE RATED MORE. I stayed there twice OCTOBER 2012.. The service was superb and close to the airport. I would stay there again when I off to Miami. Even though I drove there it was very convienent for me to get around. I really reccomend this hotel to anyone flying or driving into Miami. We stayed there both times before going to the Miami cruiseport.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet and clean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!