“Good times at Sheraton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 130 hotels in Miami
Turku, Finland
“Good times at Sheraton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

stayed couple of days before my flight back home and i really enjoyed my stay. Very nice rooms and loved the breakfast. Free airport shuttle and miami dade metro right next to the hotel. An easy way to get downtown.

2,018 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed one night before an international flight. When we checked in the front desk was swamped. It was unorganized to say the least. The rooms were fine and very standard but did like the allergen free room. The bar food was okay. My main gripe was in the morning we wanted to get up and go but we had to wait for the shuttle. The staff could not (or did not want) to get a cab for us. The place was fine for our purposes and I would stay again pre flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was worried about being a solo travel and feeling isolated however I had a fantastic stay. The beds were incredibly comfortable. I found all the staff to be friendly without being intrusive. I enjoyed the hotel atmosphere so much that I relaxed in the bar until 7pm when I left for my flight. The bar food tasted great.
On the day I arrived I found the shuttle bus to be very helpful. It was such a short journey from the airport and returning to the airport enabled me to access the shuttle to the dolphin mall (the dolphin mall shuttle costs $10.... so be prepared for that if you take it!)
The decor in the room was starting to show signs of wear but was still a lovely environment and very clean.

Room Tip: The Views over the golf course are beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and acknowledge our team's hospitality. we hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami!

Kind regards, David Berger
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night, pre-cruise. There was a free shuttle which took us from Miami Airport to the hotel. It arrived within 15 minutes of our waiting. In other reviews I read, it was mentioned that there is a shuttle that would take us from the hotel to the Port of Miami, but when we inquired about it, we were told the hotel is no longer doing the shuttle. However, on the day we were going to the Port, we were told they were doing the shuttle that day and the cost would be $10 per person. We decided to stick with taking a taxi and it cost us a flat rate of $25 to do so.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner was quiet and so was the hotel. I did not notice any restaurants within walking distance. I was told there is a casino nearby.

The pool area is very nice and you can eat on the terrace outside of the restaurant. It is a very nice atmosphere, but the food and drink prices are very high. There is a golf course next to the hotel if you like to golf.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We appreciate your overall feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami!

Kind regards, David Berger
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here before a cruise back in November. Had previously stayed here when it was the Wyndham and was still impressed. The hotel is clean, comfortable (the bed being amazingly soft) and convenitent to the airport. Well worth it for a quick layover or a single nights stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We read your review and are very happy to know you experienced a comfortable stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are indeed a favorite amenity among our guests. Hoping to welcome you back on your next visit to Miami!

Best Regards, David Berger
Pickering, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had just driven in from Key West, and needed a place to stay overnight before taking the plane home. This Sheraton was very convenient. We dropped off the car at the Rental Car Building, and easily walked over to the Sheraton. Check-in at the desk was smooth. Our room was great, the beds were heavenly, the pillows were wonderful. We had upgraded to a club room to take advantage of the Starwood Lounge. Here, it was disappointing at the hors dòeuvres time. A couple of couples brought their very loud children in (who were playing with toy light sabers and screaming around the place ... and the parents were ignoring them), and I`m sure they ate everything in the first five minutes the lounge was open. When we arrived 20 minutes later, there were some cubes of cheese left, not much else. We left very shortly afterwards. The Sheraton should do something to ensure that when people come to a lounge, they get quiet, not the activity of young children. The breakfast was much better, but we were there before 8:00 in the morning. Lots of variety, I base my opinion of a breakfast on whether or not there are hard-boiled eggs offered, and they were, so this gets high marks from me. Check out very smooth, the shuttle was convenient, and took us right where we wanted to be in the airport.

Room Tip: If you upgrade to Club, you`ll get a view of the golf course, as opposed to a view of the monorail t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
The Villages
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I just spent a long weekend in Miami at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. When I arrived I was impressed on how courteous the staff was on welcoming me to the hotel. The room was very clean, the restaurant was also clean and the food was excellent with a nice view of the golf course. The price of the room was very reasonable and it also included breakfast. I will be returning to Miami soon and will definitely book this hotel

Room Tip: If you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel look no further this is a great choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff. They work hard at ensuring our guests feel comfortable and at home, away from home. Hope to again be of service on your next visit to Miami.

Best regards,David Berger

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!