“ONE OF THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCES” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Miami
Shelby Township, Michigan
“ONE OF THE BEST HOTEL EXPERIENCES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the third trip to Miami I have taken for work, and this is the third hotel I have stayed at. I had an AMAZING time! The staff (especially Torri) was INCREDIBLE! Every request I had, they fulfilled or went beyond. The rooms were very cozy, and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in outside my own home. Even being near the airport, the noise was not bad. I didn't hear a single plane from my room. The view of the golf course and river out back from the pool and restaurant area was nice. Some really neat wildlife (birds, iguanas, etc.). The pool was kept at a perfect temperature. The restaurant had a great buffet for breakfast, and the burger I had at lunch was very, very good.

The staff was the most pleasant I have dealt with in any hotel I have ever stayed at. (I have to mention them again, because they really were THAT good). They were patient, kind, understanding. I had managed to lock my room from the inside by leaving through my work partner's adjoining room. They were able to open it quickly, and without complaint. HUGE respect for these people. They are truly great!

The one thing I will mention is that I am not a fan of paid parking. At $15/day for self park or all-day valet, it is pretty much par for the course in Miami (outside downtown) - so I accept it. But the lot/garage was never too full, or congested, was well lit at night, and was easy to get in and out of.

Overall, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in terms of the overall experience. The courteous, attentive and laid back staff were something I will always remember, and should be used as a template for great customer service everywhere. The next time I need to travel to Miami for work, I will be requesting this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are one of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts core initiatives. Our guests often give thumbs up to its comfort. We truly appreciate your overall positive review and recognition of our associates. They work hard at making our guests feel at home, away from home.
Regards, David Berger

1,992 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Polish first
leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The 2nd time we have been allocated a room here as part of our Celebrity package, before jetting back to the UK.
Although the initial arrival was chaotic due to arrivals and departures, reception responded very well and our room was in excellent order on the 6th floor for club members.
The elevators could have been better managed.
The hotel appeared to be in very good condition and the restaurant provisions ideal for lunch combined with very pleasant exterior features.
Complimentary shuttle service to Miami Airport was an added bonus and ensured a much more pleasant transport than the cruise line bus.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for cruise/airline transit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to have had another opportunity to serve you at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience . . . We are always open to feedback from our guests. We hope that we will once again be your stop-over on your next cruise.
Kind regards, David Berger
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We needed a hotel near the airport with long term parking and we always enjoy the Sheraton. Lovely hotel with excellent service, nice, friendly staff, and excellent food. Be sure to ask for the buffet breakfast which offered the best giant blackberries we've ever had! Our room was very quiet, clean, great bathroom. We made use of the guest laundry on the 3rd floor, but bring lots of quarters and your own detergent because there is no change machine and only 1 washer and dryer. Luckily we used it at 6am but no noise was heard outside the laundry room. This is a good hotel which we will use next time we leave out of Miami. Free shuttle to the airport!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Miami!

Kind regards, David Berger
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Well check-in was fast but they forgot to add-in entry to the Club \Lounge (not on the computer apparently), fixed quickly and nicely. Clubs have gone down since the days of the old Sheraton Club though. 3 lads in their 20s making loud wisecracks and the attendant spending 40 minutes chatting to a Colombian at peak decibel level. Breakfast limited but good. Rooms seen better days, but the whole thing seemed quite charming, really. Not posh, brash or new....a bit like an old pair of slippers that have seen better days but you like to wear them. And it's only 3 minutes from MIA.

I'd go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Trenton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had an unscheduled layover, hotel paid for by American Air. Hotel was fine, it was a litle tired and we only got a 4th floor, so nothing special BUT, we had a food voucher and went into the hotel restaruant and had what was one the best bowls of "French Onion Soup" ever. I very often try this dish along with a brusseta type side...this soup was not cider based( I dont care for cider base) , had lots of cheese and it had "French fried onions" on the top. first time I have seen that. If you like straight beef base, you won,t go wrong with this soup.

Room Tip: The best room I saw was the restaraunt :]
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012 for two nights before continuing on. All I can say is great hotel easy location to airport and transport hub. Exec lounge is nice although the evening offerings are a bit slim. Staff pleasant and airport shuttle is really great as it operates on a continuous rotation so longest I had to wait was 10 minutes. Rooms are very nice and by the looks of things the exec level ones have been recently refurbished, the beds were very comfortable after a transcon flight from London. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Ended up here after missing a connection, traveled in Business Class. The shuttle to and from the airport was great, friendly driver and I did not have to wait long at all. Front desk check in with Dominique was top notch, as a hotel owner I would be thrilled to have my clients treated to kindly and cooly! However, upon entrance to the room all went to crap. There were no lights in the room. It took twenty minutes to get someone up to come up and realize that there were no light bulbs in the lamps. Basic housekeeping, cmon! No brainer! Room is..( I write from desk in room)..very dusty..dark ...and lots of fingerprints on walls....floors in bathroom have hairs. AC is too cold...horrible climate control. This is two star crappy of what the Sheraton can be. THANK GOD I DID NOT PAY FOR THIS DUMP.

Room Tip: dont expect much
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are continually challenging ourselves to demonstrate and provide overall comfort for our guests and regret that this was not the case with your visit. I’m terribly sorry to learn of the deficiencies you experienced with your room. Our hotel recently completed over 3 million dollars of improvements.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make it right. In this regard, please feel free to reach out to me should your travels bring you to Miami in the near future.

David Berger

Been to Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!