“Business meeting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami
“Business meeting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently had a business meeting at this hotel. The experince was great. The chairs are very modern and comfortable the AV was all built in and worked well, room was clean and they had a nice kit with office supplies that I needed. I would definetly use this propery again for my meeting needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

2,041 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We recently had a conference at the Sheraton Miami Airport and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience.The facility is great and the staff is amazing. Ernesto was especially helpful. It's great to have such a service-driven conference concierge on the meeting room floors ready to help with any last minute changes. The valet team is also great.

• Stayed October 2012
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My friend & I checked in on Sept 23/12 Sunday as we were taking a cruise to Bahamas the following day.

I have no words to describe how pleasent our stay was at the hotel. I wish we had spent several days as everyone was so friendly, very pleasent to deal with and the hotel is spotless. If I ever visit Miami again I would spend a couple of days at the Sheraton. I was sad to leave the Hotel.

I have to say Nathalie at the Reception desk was very helpful with a lovely smile and she answered all my questions with expertise. The gentlemen at the Guest Services were very helpful as our luggage was not picked up by Royal Caribean the following day. We cruised without our luggage

We had dinner at the restuarant and the fish & chips I enjoyed very much. The following morning had breakfast at the Aracelis Anzon what a lovely breakfast and we made friends with Sirena Jessenia with her beautiful smile and what a lovely lady full of charisma. She is so charming and friendly helped us with the breakfast menu. I love the fresh orange juice.

On the 28th we were dropped off at the Airport by RCCL and Sheraton picked us up took us back to Hotel to pick the luggage which was in tact and they allowed us to transfer our hand luggage to our suitcases. We sat in the waiting area to pack the bags. The boys in Red Shirts were so helpful. I had the opportunity to meet Dino Sanas twice. He dropped us off at the Airport. He is very pleasant and a charming gentleman. You have the best Team and they need recognition.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone as they are very trustworthy and compassionate after our ordeal on the cruise.

God bless every worker at the hotel

Elizabeth Perera

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is just a few minute shuttle ride from the airport, which is good for not having to rush or worry about getting to the airport in time for your flight. However, getting from the airport to the hotel is another story. Arrived late at night and tried calling the hotel for a shuttle pickup. No one answered the call. Called back three times before someone answered and even then, they could not say how long it would be until the shuttle arrived. Eventually, and this was some time later, upon getting to the hotel, the front desk staff were very friendly. That is where the positive things came to an end. As a business person, this hotel is nowhere acceptable. The desk light did not work, there was only one accessible outlet to plug in computer/cell phone, etc., and that outlet was on the side wall next to the bed. The telephone did not work. Found out the cord was disconnected. Had to crawl under furniture to plug in the telephone. Instructions on telephone stated to dial "* * 2" for a wake-up call. Called three times and the call would not connect. Had to call the front desk to request the wake-up call. Light bulb in bathroom was not working. Bathroom fixture missing parts. Dirty towels. Have stayed in other hotels near the Miami Airport. Better hotels, but again, for location, this Sheraton Hotel is much closer to the airport than those other hotels. This may be a deciding factor if you do not want to deal with the rush hour(s) traffic surrounding the Miami Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Angus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I'm stayed here waiting for a friend to arrive from the UK. What a great convenient and friendly place to stay. The check in wasn't all plain sailing because my name was the same as another uk traveller ( I think I got her room) However, since the reception staf were so helpful and a voucher for the bar was offered I was happy. (Hope she was too)
My hotel hairdryer failed and another appeared imediately to replace it. The ice bucket leaked water all over the tray - maids replaced it with a smile.

Room was perfect - great view of the golf course and water way diretly below.

Pool adequate for stopovers - plenty of towels. Wi fi avaiable and work on the terrace so you can sit out if you dislike aircon.

Bed was a delight - literally sank into it. Pillows that welcome your head - well done Sheraton - I judge a hotel by its pillows and travel with my own - didn't need it for these two days.

Particular commendation to Leonel on reception. Calm collected ( I saw him under pressure from Cruise liner guests) and he took time to be helpful about trips on the shuttle bus services and nearby trains service

I'd definitely recommend and stay again

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Our group stayed here before an early morning flight to Cuba. Law enforcement banged on the doors of all rooms on my hall. Never got an explanation. Then my shower stuck on hot and would not turn off. I was not alone Several in our group had plumbing problems. Did not seem well run. But the shuttle guy was nice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had a month stay at this property on business. The highlights for me were the resturant staff and the health club. The rooms are comfortable and clean. It's convenient to airport, but dining choices are limited as you only have the hotel resturant nearby.

Room Tip: The resturant hostess Ms. Aracelis Anzon is amazing. She has an infectious smile just for you no mat...