We were put up in this hotel by the airline as our flight was cancelled. The check-in could not cope with a plane load of passengers and we were all made to feel unwelcome - and no chocolate chip cookies!
The wait for the restaurant which had a buffet, was over an hour, and they did not want to serve anything from the al a carte menu. By the time we got into the restaurant it was 9pm and quite empty even though the staff were telling everyone it was full. The staff were more interested in setting the tables for the next day than serving anyone. It was quite apparent that they wanted everyone to have the buffet food which looked very unappetising and as though some of it had been there for hours. Also, the buffet area was not very clean. We waited a long time, despite several requests, for someone to take our order. 30 minutes later our meal, which included a salad starter, still had not been served and no-one, especially the maitre d' seemed to care. In the end, we ate the 'breakfast' pack of which we were all provided with as the flight was going early the next morning.
The restaurant could not cope and did not make any effort to try. The restaurant is supposed to be open until 10pm but I think they all wanted to go home early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami