“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #53 of 129 Hotels in Miami
USA
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but our pre-cruise stay was great. The shuttle picked us up at the airport and helped with bags. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the elevators worked well and room service breakfast was quick and tasty. We had drinks in the comfortable seating area near the bar and a good but expensive dinner in the restaurant. The fitness center was great and the pool was fine. The concierge arranged a reasonably-priced van service to the pier that had a trailer for luggage. We needed it! And freshly-baked cookies were available at the front desk. To reassure those of you who read about bedbugs on a previous post, I did a search of my room, as I always do these days in hotels, and there was absolutely no evidence of bedbugs. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the DoubleTree Miami Mart Hotel during March 2010. After placing a bid on priceline.com and then reading the previous reviews of this hotel, I must say I was very worried and anxious of the stay. Upon arrival the hotel desk workers were very friendly. Upon receiving our room key and heading to the room, we were pleased to see that we had indeed received a non-smoking room with a King size bed (as I had requested via telephone call to the hotel directly). However, I soon noticed that our room was facing the landing area for the Miami Airport. So I decided to call down to the front desk to request a room change to something on the oppposite side of the airport. The request was quickly noted and I was advised that I could immediately obtain a key to the new room. (Very helpful in my mind- opposite of those opinions listed in previous reviews). We chose not to pay $12.00 a day valet fee but instead parked in the parking lot directly next to the hotel with "in-and-out" priviliges for $8.00 a day. The parking lot is neither dark nor extremely lit but does have a security guard on premises at all hours of the day/night. The bed and multitude of pillows were very comfortable. The TV was not the "latest and greatest" but on my vacation I did not plan on sitting infront of it all day anyway! The bathroom is a moderate size with a seperate area right outside (which was accomodating while 2 people were getting ready each day). The ONLY issue that we came across was the renovation of the elevators. There are 3 elevators total but only 2 are in use. Out of the 2 in use, there were times throughout the day that 1 would break down and would make coming to/from your room longer than needed. OVERALL: Our experience with the DoubleTree Miami Mart Hotel was a very pleasant surprise after reading all the negative reviews listed. If you are like me and would get worried prior to your stay, please do not take all of the negative comments to heart. Most individals will only take the time to post on websites such as this whenever they are frustrated and most individuals who had a nice visit forget to advise others of their own stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
F. Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Big hotel, seems alittle dated in terms of their "Miami Mart" nothing was really open. The rooms were nice and spacious but overall this hotel didn't leave much of an impression. Good for business travelers or for those just staying 1 night - the cookies at check in were great though :)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We were in one of their larger rooms. It was spacious and comfortable.TV was not a flat screen. The bathroom was a standard small room with only one sink. When the restaurant and the food at the bar becomes unavailable ( about 11:00 PM) you can still order from room service. The bar has some comfortable seating areas. Its good for relaxing with a beer or wine.
Breakfast staff were very helpful. I was able to special order eggs even though breakfast
was buffet style.
We used the shuttle which runs every half hour. It is located a few miles form the airport.
We took the shuttle back to the airport in the morning to rent a car since a previous post warned of the parking fee.
We was told its not in a great neighborhood but we did not venture out of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

The Hotel is not in good shape, the guy who checked me in seemed like he was doing a sacrifice and when I asked him to add my mileage program to the reservation he got angry with me. Unfortunately he was the same guy who checked me out the next morning.
On a side note, he was clearly a Spanish-speaking person. When I addressed him in Spanish, he was offended and replied back in English.
The Elevators were horrible; the Rooms, ok, but the TV and remote in definitely a horrible shape.
Nice cookies (warm), by the way.
This hotel needs improvements. I wouldn't choose it again for the time being.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
tferrara10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
I should first like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay - your points on the elevators and tv's were well taken - however I need to advise you that wehave opened 3 completely renovated new elevators on April 12th, 2010 and now feature the newest elevators in Miami - also we are in process of installing new 37" HD LCD TV's at this time - Look forward to serving you in the future, when your travel brings you back to the Miami area-
On the Road
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

The room was clean, but for some reason the entire hotel is very dark. They charge you for parking in a vacant parking lot and you have no other option but to park there, I decided to go to the bar for a drink and dinner. When I got the bill, I noticed that they included the 15% tip in the price.
Never again, there are too many other properties in Miami to have to deal with this.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed here before leaving for 1 week in the Domincan Republic. Reception and check in were great, and the cookies were yummy! Hotel common areas were clean and well kept overall. Elevators were obviously from another generation, but were in the process of being renovated. Our room (309) smelled damp and the carpet was wet.
Woke up at 4:15 am to get ready for our 7 am flight, only to discover lots of BED BUGS crawling all over the bed and padded head board. Ran into the bathroom to discover other bugs there as well. We captured a few in a tissue and went down to confront reception. Hotel staff quickly appologized and refunded our night's stay. Seemed like they knew about the problem......
I will never stay at a Doubletree hotel again, especially this one! Watch out if you are in room 309, or any room at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple