“Didn't like it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Didn't like it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

The Hotel is not in good shape, the guy who checked me in seemed like he was doing a sacrifice and when I asked him to add my mileage program to the reservation he got angry with me. Unfortunately he was the same guy who checked me out the next morning.
On a side note, he was clearly a Spanish-speaking person. When I addressed him in Spanish, he was offended and replied back in English.
The Elevators were horrible; the Rooms, ok, but the TV and remote in definitely a horrible shape.
Nice cookies (warm), by the way.
This hotel needs improvements. I wouldn't choose it again for the time being.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
tferrara10, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
I should first like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay - your points on the elevators and tv's were well taken - however I need to advise you that wehave opened 3 completely renovated new elevators on April 12th, 2010 and now feature the newest elevators in Miami - also we are in process of installing new 37" HD LCD TV's at this time - Look forward to serving you in the future, when your travel brings you back to the Miami area-

690 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
On the Road
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

The room was clean, but for some reason the entire hotel is very dark. They charge you for parking in a vacant parking lot and you have no other option but to park there, I decided to go to the bar for a drink and dinner. When I got the bill, I noticed that they included the 15% tip in the price.
Never again, there are too many other properties in Miami to have to deal with this.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed here before leaving for 1 week in the Domincan Republic. Reception and check in were great, and the cookies were yummy! Hotel common areas were clean and well kept overall. Elevators were obviously from another generation, but were in the process of being renovated. Our room (309) smelled damp and the carpet was wet.
Woke up at 4:15 am to get ready for our 7 am flight, only to discover lots of BED BUGS crawling all over the bed and padded head board. Ran into the bathroom to discover other bugs there as well. We captured a few in a tissue and went down to confront reception. Hotel staff quickly appologized and refunded our night's stay. Seemed like they knew about the problem......
I will never stay at a Doubletree hotel again, especially this one! Watch out if you are in room 309, or any room at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Perfect for an overnight stop. Great beds and elegant furnishings. Lovely bar/lounge area.
Warm chocolate chip cookies upon checkin!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I recently stayed at the Doubletreefor one night. I arrived in Miami very late at night so I booked a nearby hotel in order to just get to sleep quickly. The room was very nice, especially for the price I paid. My only complaint was that the mall next door is quite cheesy, and the elevators need a lot of maintanence! (Which I believe they were going to start working on according to their signs when I stayed" I wouldn't necessarily stay their for my vacation. But for a business trip or if you are just stopping over for one night I would highly recommend it!

BONUS: THe cookies at Check-in are VERY delicious YUM!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night when our airline put us up after a missed flight connection to Peru. It's actually a few miles from the airport terminals, so location could be better. The shuttle departs from the hotel every 30 minutes.

Service from the staff was the highlight for us. They helped me with re-booking my Peru accommodations over the phone in Spanish. Free wi-fi in the room was also helpful.

My biggest complaint was the business center. The computers were extremely slow, and the scanner wasn't working when I needed it.

I'm very grateful for the help that the staff provided; however in the future I may try to find something closer to the airport if I have another overnight layover in Miaim.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
costa rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I stayed here with my daughters before going on a cruise. The hotel is very nice and modern and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. We really enjoyed having the wholesale mart attached to the hotel. We did some last minute shopping and found some great deals in clothing on the 2nd floor and accessories and this helped pass the time in our quick stay in Miami. We will definitely stay here next time I make a quick stop in Miami.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family