Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Although we didn't get to see the Doubletree in the daylight, what we saw was impressive. We were put up in the Doubletree by the airline because our plane has a mechanical failure. We had 8 adults and 3 children with us. The Doubletree staff was prompt at getting us checked in and to our rooms at 11:30 pm. The rooms are huge and gorgeous and the room service, although swamped, managed to get some of us some food. Checkout was quick and the shuttle back and forth to the airport was nice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Jon S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for the wonderful rating. Our staff tries hard to provide our guests comfort when they have had their travel disrupted. We are pleased we were able to help your unexpected stay in Miami pleasurable.... Do please come back to visit when you have more time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Veldhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great place to stay. Rooms are comfortable. View of airport. Location is good as you can easily reach the neighborhoods of Miami. Cookies are the best. Outdoor pool nice to take a swim. Breakfast is pretty average.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Your positive comments are so appreciated by the staff! We would love to know more what we can do to make the breakfast experience even better. Please feel free to contact us directly. You opinion counts!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel looked and smelled like it had been freshly remodeled when we arrived last month. It is a huge convention style hotel and was exactly what we needed laying over for a day before returning home to the west coast. Restaurant and bar on property were average but prompt and quick service and the beds are amazing. The reason for the 4 star instead of 5 was the desk staff. Not great, not horrible I guess just very "Meh". The young gal that checked us in obviously did not want to be there and didn't look up from her computer through the entire check-in process. I get it, working with the general public all day can be taxing but a smile goes a long way. All and all very nice hotel and I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate this feedback and will strive to achieve the 5 rating in the future. Your comments are shared with the staff to help them understand how the public can view the importance of a warm greeting. We do hope you enjoyed your DoubleTree Cookies and the smiles it brought to your family.
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Had a good initial impression from clean room. The beds are not the most comfy but we managed. We had a nice view from the pool, the windows are large and open. What upset us was that noises began at on the hall at 6am. It lasted for 3 hours on and off. The walls seems to be paper thin.
Before booking keep in mind that there is some construction going on blocking the roads. If you dont know your way around it may be frustrating. Try calling and asking ahead of time if it may be an issue.

Room Tip: by the pool has a nice view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Contrary to some other reviews listed below, I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel.

The front desk was very welcoming and jovial. Andres, I believe this was his name, checked me in and was very professional and helpful.

I stayed on the 10th floor. The room was very clean, well appointed, and seemed very up-to-date. The bathroom was clean and very modern in its look. Nice shower, hot water, and again, very clean.

The hallways seemed a little outdated, but this was not concerning at all as they were clean.

I ate breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. The buffet was simple, but I am a bacon and eggs kind of guy, so it was all I wanted.

No complaints at all. I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Miami, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you don't mind the smell of dog piss and don't mind having someone freaking dog food scattered on your floor when you move in, stay here. After complaining to the front desk I was told they would send up a bottle of frebreese but wouldn't let me change rooms. I am a diamond memeber, so I walked down, checked out immediately and went to a Hilton Garden, which is amazing.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Let me start out by extending my apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your October 12th stay a the Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center. We appreciate your honest feedback and assure you that the comfort, health, and safety of our guests is our top priority. We reviewed your concerns and I personally inspected the guest room in question and at this point I am a bit perplexed - I did not find any evidence of pet waste - no spots, no oder - the only odor detectable in the room was that which accompanies new wall vinyl and new carpet from our recent renovation, in addition I have been unable to determine the individual you spoke with in our organization, in order that I may counsel them appropriately; what is also perplexing si the fact that we do not Stock fabreeze and I do not understand why that would enter the conversation. My Executive Housekeepr and Director of Front office Operations have attempted to contact you a number of times unsuccessfully, - since that has not happened I would ask that you contact me directly so that we can take appropriate steps to make the situation right. I may be reached at 305-260-8912 or via email @ tferrara@doubletreemacc.com
Again my apologies
Regards,
Tony Ferrara
New River, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checked in late in the evening the front counter was busy, many stander travelers that were in bad moods due to the Chicago fire in the traffic tower. These people should have been thrilled that they were this busy, instead they made it seem like I was troubling them. I was not part of the stander travelers. Checked in and proceeded to the bar and it was like I was at the front desk again. Very rude people at the bar, no one greeted people with a smile. Will never stay again as there is much better places in town they don't deserve customers.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Let me first apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experenced during your stay at the Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center - our goal is to not only meet but to exceed our guests expectations and in this case we apparently failed to meet our goal. We're very sorry for your experience - . We want all guests to be greeted with a warm welcome and helpful staff. I am sharing your correspondence with the appropriate members of our team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can ensure it does not continue. We hope we can invite you back for a more comfortable stay. In the event that your travels do bring you back to the Miami area please contact me directly at
Tferrara@doubletreemacd.com in order that I may provide you with an upgrade and assist you on your stay arrangements.
again my apologies