I attempted to check in as I was there for a convention, so they knew to expect a crowd and my room wasn't ready until almost 6pm! It was ridiculous.
The area around the hotel is very busy and there is construction going on so be prepared.
The parking lot did offer a reduced rate for hotel guests and I think I paid $14 for the two days I was there. Cash only and prepay.
My room was spacious, but it was not clean. There were hairs everywhere, in the bathroom, on the bed, it was just gross. The next day after housekeeping was in, the hairs were still in the bathroom.
There was what looked to be a coffee stain on the base if the lamp that was never cleaned and the phone by the bed did not work. The sink drain was very slow to drain.
Outlets - in this day and age it is a given that people have electronics and need to plug them in so it is beyond me why the closest outlet was hidden behind a wall of curtains. I ended up unplugging the lamp to use the outlet that is behind the bed, total fire hazard in my mind.
By far the worst thing was the first morning I was leaving my room at 7:15am and being I was down the hall near the fire exit, the brightest, blinding light was beaming through the window of the fire exit. It was like a spot like on a train heading down a track at night. It made my eyes hurt to look towards it.
For a Doubletree I just expected more....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami