Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 129 hotels in Miami
miami florida
“Hilton?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was there for a conference July 2014. Our room was on the 2nd floor.
The ugly:
This hotel has changed hands many times, and is over 30 years old I believe. I live in Miami, and have never actually stayed here before until this weekend. The 2nd floor once you get out of elevator is dark and dreary and has a musty smell. My room was ok. Bathrooms were upgraded and nice. AC never got cold enough for me. Beds...yikes! horrible. Just weird, I think the bedframe needing replacing. I guess I prefer a firmer mattress. I asked a few others and their bed was not comfortable either.

The good:
restaurant buffett for lunch was excellent. $14.00 including dessert. Service was very good. The staff in the hotel is very good. everyone is very friendly and happy, which for Miami is a plus!. Checking in the staff was friendly, and offered the wonderful cookies. Checking out same..everyone attentive and friendly. Banquet: The staff, i have to mention that Tanya, was amazing. She gave us her cell phone, and was available and accommodating. Excellent. Peppin her mgr....excellent as well. They were there from 730 am until well...i saw them after 730 pm at our banquet. Food great at banquet as well.
Overall its an airport hotel, and the shopping is amazing ..GO UPSTAIRS..better prices. Its not a luxury hotel.
my title..well, I had stayed at a Hilton in downtown St. Pete earlier this year, and I was not impressed with that property either. I thought HIlton, esp dbltree...was known to be better...

Room Tip: ask for a high floor...

692 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I used to stay very frequently in this hotel when it was a Radisson, since I had a business that required me to visit the Merchandise Mart almost weekly. After my busuness closed, I had not returned to the new management by the Doubletree. It was a very good experience, the room was big, the bed very comfortable, and the food at the restaurant was excellent. My mahi-mahi was excellently cooked, and the rice delicious. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and at home. The access to the stores at the Mart was very entertaining. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Orlando, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel appeared to be under construction. The staff was amazing and did everything possible to make the experience nice. The overall condition of the guest rooms and common areas were in poor condition - hall lights hanging off the walls, bathroom fixtures not secured, a/c that barely cools the room, shower curtains installed below the shower fixture (therefor soaking the bathroom floor.) Maybe when the hotel is completed, it will be more functional and prepared for travelers. If it was not for the staff - check-in, maids, restaurant and so forth, I would have moved to another hotel and just drove back and forth for the event I was attending.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was surprised that the hotel has not yet installed newer, higher efficiency toilets (water is at a premium in Miami) and although there the room is pre-wired for it, there was no ceiling fan (which would have blended well with the tropical feel of the other furnishings and carpeting). Likewise, there are few electrical outlets near the tabletop writing desk, had I not brought my own 3-outlet wall tap I would not have been able to plug in my laptop. Nonetheless, everything else seems to be top-notch. The beds are comfortable (love the four large pillows) and the towels are luxurious. The toiletries provided are the most extensive that I've seen. The hotel is conveniently located in the Fontainebleau area by the Miami International Airport, near the interchange of the Dolphin Expressway and the Palmetto Expressway with easy access from either of those main arteries. The hotel must not be in the flight path of the major airlines as I didn't hear a single plane take off or land. The grounds and property are neatly kept and well maintained for a convention hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel a lot for work & I have stayed at this hotel before. It seemed ok. This last stay was awful! There were small ants in the room by the desk & the sink. The carpets were not really clean & I could hear everything going on in the hallway. I woke up this morning because I had pulled the blankets ups & was hit with this awful smell. While I'm laying there figuring out it was the blankets that smelled so bad I see a ROACH crawl across the floor! At this point I was done! I couldn't check out faster. I told the very nice clerk at the desk what happened & she comped me a day off of my 5 day stay. All I could think was how exactly is that helping me since it was a business trip & my work was covering the room anyway.

I thought I was safe staying at a Hilton but clearly I was wrong! Never Again will I stay at this one.

Miami, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms were clean and updated. I Liked having the shopping mall on the premises. The Delicious cookies were a very nice touch. Beds are comfortable. Staff were pleasant. The nearby construction can make it confusing to get to the hotel but our GPS guided us there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

kennesaw, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is great. Nice staff. Over 30 stays in the last two years and only problem has been transportation timing and a/c. Vans have not had air conditioning! Closest shopping restaurant is two miles away. They do want to go the extra mile.