“LACK of ammeneties for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 129 hotels in Miami
Nassau, Bahamas
“LACK of ammeneties for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

After paying over$100.00 per night I expected a fridge and microwave in the room... there was NONE The service however was pleasant and the cookie was warm and DELICIOUS... The restaurants were clean and staff were pleasant... I enjoyed my experience minus the LACK of AMMENITIES!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Huntsville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very nice hotel, my family and I enjoyed the stay, the staff was nice and helpful, they even when out of their way to help us on a mishap. The guest we meet were friendly and always smiling. The in room service food good and showed up on time, hot and ready to eat. The in hotel mall was a plus, great shops, good prices, we loved the shopping! Cant wait to go back to Miami and yes we would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fairly good stay. Could have used more personnel/staff on hand but other than that, everyone was friendly and helpful. Pool and jacuzzi was nice, and the fitness room was also nice. I really liked the cookie at check-in, and I requested a cookie each day when I went by the front desk. The warm, chocolate chip cookie really hit the spot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as it was recommended by the Florida Supercon. They don't even provide a fridge or microwave, but we stayed for the price. The front desk gave me back info, leading to me missing my shuttle and missing a panel I needed to be on. Room Service not only got my order wrong. It took 45+ minutes. Instead of calling us and letting us know ahead of time so we could have picked something else, they just simply brought up the wrong order as this was not acceptable. Had I known what I was getting into, I would have went somewhere else. They were kind enough to comp me a night, but it still was a blemish on my vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the unfortunate experience you had. We've notified our staff about your concerns and will work with Super-con to ensure we're doing our best to communicate accurate suggestions and information to our guests. As a foot note to your stay- non-suite hotels do not typically provide microwaves and refrigerators, full -service hotels typically provide these items upon request and at an additional cost. In the future, We hope that you'll consider giving us another opportunity to serve you, we can insure that you will have a much better stay. In the event that your travels bring you back to Miami, please feel free to contact me at tferrara@doubletreemacc - I would be happy to assist in your arrangements.

Regards,
Tony Ferrara
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree while attending Florida Supercon. Even though the convention has moved over to the Miami Beach Convention Center, thanks to the shuttle service they arranged it was a much more cost-effective stay instead of going to one of the very expensive hotels on the island. The room was excellent, the shower had great water pressure and the hotel was quiet even with a bunch of little girls running around for a pageant. The only negative issue I had was a long wait for the concierge one day, but that was very minor. I highly recommend the Doubletree.

Room Tip: The elevators make a loud honking sound, so try to avoid a room in the teens which tend to be closer...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had a great experience at this Doubletree, from checkin to checkout it was a great stay! Checkin I was acknowledged as a Diamond member and given breakfast vouchers as well as drink and appetizer vouchers, because the executive lounge was being remodeled. I had a room on the tenth floor facing MIA and the expressway. Amazingly I barely heard the planes or any traffic noise.
The bar downstairs was decent with decent drink specials. I decided to order the garlic Parmesan wings and American burger and call it a night. The wings were extremely bland and very chewy. The burger was average.

Breakfast the next morning was superb! They had a wide variety of hot and cold selections including Eggs Benedict, and homemade corned beef hash.

Self parking at the hotel is $7 which is pretty good considering that the embassy suites a couple of miles away charges $16.

In short this a great hotel that treats Diamonds pretty well.

I have two more trips to Miami in July and I'm staying here again!

Stayed June 2014
Bassaterre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Over the past 18 months I have stayed at this hotel when I have had to over night in Miami between flights. I continue to use this hotel because of the staff. They are very helpful, knowledgeable and very pleasant and caring. This is the best option if you need a clean, comfortable room near the Miami airport with excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business