“DOUBLETREE - TOO MANY UNINVITED GUESTS” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“DOUBLETREE - TOO MANY UNINVITED GUESTS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The bathroom was full of roaches!! Horrible experience! Had to leave the light on all night so they won't come out!! Other team members had the same situation in the rooms. PLEASE!!!! CLEAN AND LOOK FOR EXTERMINATING SERVICES!!! This was unaceptable!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Can never go wrong with a Hilton brand hotel. This place is big and really nice. The hotel can get you to Port of Miami and offers shuttle service to the airport. Plus, the cookie is great! Rooms were really clean too.

• Stayed May 2014
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This place is great!!! Fresh warm cookies at the check in or anything you want!! Nice staff, reasonable prices, but or next to the airport and nice facilities. Sometimes you have some special events where you can assist not been invited, nice swimming pool and a reasonable gym.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel was very nice, the rates were reasonable - however it made me and my family sick. I became ill first and didn't know what was causing my breathing issues until I found the culprit. I found the presence of mold in the room and it explained it all. I am allergic to mold. We were moved to another room and it wasn't until the next day upon trying to get fresh air (because I was still experiencing respiratory issues) that I found mold once again. I called the hotel manager and showed him what was making me sick. We checked out and found other arrangements for the remaining days we were there (Memorial Weekend) but also had to go to Urgent Care. Me & my 7 1/2 month old were treated and released. However, my husband was referred to the ER. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay. Guest comfort, health and safety is always our top concern and we take all guest feedback very seriously. I reivewed the details in depth of your stay and inspected your guest accommodations, as did the State of Florida Health Department who inspected the guest rooms in question at your request and they did not find anything that would support your claim. I sincerely regret that you and your family experienced such an allergy problem during your memorial weekend trip to Florida. If I may suggest in the future, should you be that extremely sensitive to allergens, you might want to avoid traveling in Florida during April and May when they are in full bloom. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this matter or if I may be of any further service. I may be reached directly via email at TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com

Regards,

Tony Ferrara
Bridgeport WV, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel staff an accommodations were excellent. We utilized the hotel shuttle to travel to the airport. We also utilized the Hotel towncar and driver (Raol sp?). The driver was most courteous and suggested a restaurant which was excellent. When we return to Miami, we will stay at the Double Tree again. It was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dayton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've come out to the Miami Airport Doubletree about once a quarter for multiple nights on business for 2+ years.

It's convenient for many reasons, clean, even has pretty good room service food.

The only problem I have is the internet is consistently terrible. Even at 4AM I can barely reply to emails. It's to the point where I might have to find another hotel. I don't want to. I do a significant amount of work through a VPN and it's unusable slow. Even non-VPN communications are slow. Can take 1-2 minutes to load anything. And it's not just my laptop (I actually travel with two laptops) or an issue with my laptop, it's the same on my Ipad and Iphone.

I really like the doubletree, but myself like many others require an adequate internet connection to conduct business. Unless this is fixed I'll have to find another go to hotel for when I'm in Miami.