Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #50 of 130 hotels in Miami
Caracas, Venezuela
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel. Great experience in a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

696 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This place is great!!! Fresh warm cookies at the check in or anything you want!! Nice staff, reasonable prices, but or next to the airport and nice facilities. Sometimes you have some special events where you can assist not been invited, nice swimming pool and a reasonable gym.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel was very nice, the rates were reasonable - however it made me and my family sick. I became ill first and didn't know what was causing my breathing issues until I found the culprit. I found the presence of mold in the room and it explained it all. I am allergic to mold. We were moved to another room and it wasn't until the next day upon trying to get fresh air (because I was still experiencing respiratory issues) that I found mold once again. I called the hotel manager and showed him what was making me sick. We checked out and found other arrangements for the remaining days we were there (Memorial Weekend) but also had to go to Urgent Care. Me & my 7 1/2 month old were treated and released. However, my husband was referred to the ER. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay. Guest comfort, health and safety is always our top concern and we take all guest feedback very seriously. I reivewed the details in depth of your stay and inspected your guest accommodations, as did the State of Florida Health Department who inspected the guest rooms in question at your request and they did not find anything that would support your claim. I sincerely regret that you and your family experienced such an allergy problem during your memorial weekend trip to Florida. If I may suggest in the future, should you be that extremely sensitive to allergens, you might want to avoid traveling in Florida during April and May when they are in full bloom. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this matter or if I may be of any further service. I may be reached directly via email at TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com

Regards,

Tony Ferrara
Bridgeport WV, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel staff an accommodations were excellent. We utilized the hotel shuttle to travel to the airport. We also utilized the Hotel towncar and driver (Raol sp?). The driver was most courteous and suggested a restaurant which was excellent. When we return to Miami, we will stay at the Double Tree again. It was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dayton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've come out to the Miami Airport Doubletree about once a quarter for multiple nights on business for 2+ years.

It's convenient for many reasons, clean, even has pretty good room service food.

The only problem I have is the internet is consistently terrible. Even at 4AM I can barely reply to emails. It's to the point where I might have to find another hotel. I don't want to. I do a significant amount of work through a VPN and it's unusable slow. Even non-VPN communications are slow. Can take 1-2 minutes to load anything. And it's not just my laptop (I actually travel with two laptops) or an issue with my laptop, it's the same on my Ipad and Iphone.

I really like the doubletree, but myself like many others require an adequate internet connection to conduct business. Unless this is fixed I'll have to find another go to hotel for when I'm in Miami.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I didn't pay for or choose this hotel - our flight from the Caribbean was delayed, causing us to miss our London flight, and we were allocated this one plus vouchers for food.

We were very glad we were - the check in was swift and the reception very welcoming and helpful. It was about 11pm and we were really tired.

The bar was still open and had a great menu of mainly burgers. The pulled pork with sweet potato fries was excellent. The waiter could see I was struggling with an exhausted six year old and was very good in taking our order and getting our food to us super-quickly.

The bedroom was comfortable with a good coffee machine (but not enough milk) for when I woke up early and did some work before my son got up. The WiFi was free and good. There was a lovely-looking outdoor pool and hot tub but we didn't get chance to try to it out as we got a cab to the beaches for the day.

The one sticking point was the grumpy and slow concierge.

I wouldn't necessarily choose this hotel if I came to Miami again because it's not near the beaches, but if I needed somewhere for another layover I wouldn't hesitate.

Didn't try the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had heard good things about this hotel, but was extremely disappointed by the lack of customer service. Because I didn't book through their website, and instead used Travelocity, I was made to feel like a second class citizen. When a question arose regarding our included breakfast, hotel staff member "Andrea" was absolutely no help. I have not dealt with such rude staff anywhere.....EVER. It's like Andrea went out of her way to give poor customer service. I kept waiting for someone to come out from one of the offices and tell me I had been "punked".

I am on the road constantly and have stayed in well over 100 hotels in the past two years. The Doubletree at Miami Airport is by my worst hotel experience that I can remember. I would not recommend anyone stay here, even if it is just for one night. With so many hotel options available, go to a hotel who appreciates you as a guest, which the Hilton hotel chains have completely forgotten about. DO NOT STAY AT ANY HILTON BRANDED HOTEL.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel. Or, at least as for a room that faces the swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
First, I should like to start out by apologizing for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during the course of your stay - with that said I researched the issue at hand and I must take issue with your guest service comments -the reality is that - you approached the front desk requesting two breakfast certificates stating that your reservation included complimentary breakfast, you initially stated that you made the reservatiion with the hotel - the GSA, Andrea reviewed your reservation finding that it was booked by a 3rd party source and did not include breakfast - you then corrected you statement stating that your 3rd party resevation included breakfast for two and you presented your cellphone and showed on the website the package you had booked - our GSA advised you that that was NOT the package or rate pricing that was recieved from the 3rd party. You then handed a copy of the actual reservation from the 3rd party which clearly showed that you did not book any of the available bed and breakfast packages but you had booked a room only package at a lower price. If there is some confusion on this issue I suggest that you contact your 3rd party booking source. and by the way as a rule there is no advantage in booking with a 3rd party source - rates in parity and all available packages are available at both at Hilton.com and 3rd party sources. in closing, it also needs to be noted that throughout your witnessed conversation -Andrea was noted as being polite and helpful -offering alternatives to assist in your quest for breakfast, unfortunately you were noted with punctuating your conversation wtih expletives which is not really appropriate behavior. In addtion your comments on "attrocious guest service" and "treatment like a 2nd class citizen" are neither accurate or appropirate. In closing, I would suggest that for the future to avoid a repeat of this scenario please take advantage of any of the bed and breakfast packages available on brand.com or 3rd party websites. In the event that I may be of any further service please contact me via TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com

Regards,