“Airport close by” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Airport close by”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We just stayed at the Doubletree during a layover in Miami. This is a huge convention center style hotel. We found the staff to be pleasant and the foyer/lobby floor fairly modern. They have a nice bar and restaurant on the premisis which is very convienient. The rooms were clean but in all honesty getting a bit outdated and "long in the tooth"- the room was quiet however and we got a good nights sleep.

715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Rolesville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We came a day early for our 7 day Norewgian Cruise. We got their early and could not check in, which we understood. The hotel was great for what we needed. We did not like the fact that they closed the pool for a private party. We did not like that you had to pay for parking. Most guests did not speak English. The room was nice. We ate at the bar downstairs. The food was good and the price was reasonable. The problem started when we checked out. We had rented a car. We are in a big hurry, because we want to get to the ship early and we had to return the rental car to the airport. I went back to the front desk. He told me to talk to the Concierge, who told me to talk to the valet parking attendant! By this time I am livid!! The attendant was busy. By the time I am able to talk to him 45 minutes has passed. He told me there was nothing he could do that a previous guests had taken his jumper cables. I went back to the concierge, who acted like there was nothing he could do. The bellman that took our luggage to the room talked with the concierge and said he could help me. We went back to the car to discover that my husband had already made arrangements with Alamo to pick up the car. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET SOMEONE TO HELP ME!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were set up to stay here by American Airlines when they made us miss our connecting flight. The front desk was friendly and the hotel looked very nice. The room seemed clean until I got into the bathroom. There were multiple hairs in the shower and on the bathroom floor. A total gross out!!! Luckily, the bed seemed to be clean and was very comfortable.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here while in town for a wedding, with expectations that we would have decent accommodations at a reasonable price. I was unpleasantly surprised by our experience given that I often stay at DT hotels for work.

Positives:
- it looks nice enough from the lobby
- the front desk staff was very friendly
- there are a couple of restaurants on site (one for breakfast, one for dinner)
- the water pressure in our room was great.

Negatives:
- the blinds were the long, vertical hang down type, with about 30% of ours missing. Those that were there did not actually function, so we couldn't turn them to block the sun. Fortunately, I don't think there was any way that people outside could see into our room, but it was still annoying
- our sink drain was busted, so water could only slowly drain
- we were gone from 10AM to midnight one day and our room was never cleaned
- ants in the room
- server at restaurant clearly had no desire to be there

I'm hoping that many of these problems are a function of the hotel getting ready for a massive remodel. For the time being, I cannot recommend the hotel unless you're going to a convention at the hotel and just staying there out of convenience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Miami Airport Convention Center. We' are glad we had the chance to serve you while in town for a wedding and we're happy to hear our friendly and accommodating staff were able to take care of you. However, we sincerely apologize for the mal-functioning blinds in your guest room (there are only 4 guestrooms in the property with blinds, actually Roman Shades) and engineering was able to locate and resolve the issue.,. We are working with our staff to address the other issues mentioned and we have also contacted our Steritech, our local pest control company to inspect and treat the room appropriately for the ants mentioned.. We again apologize for any discomfort or inconvenience tha you may have experienced - if I may be of any future service, please contact me at 305-260-8912 or via email at TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com.

Tony Ferrara
Atlanta, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was in Miami for work for the week and decided to bring my family along with me. Everything went wrong while I was there. I had reserved a boardroom for two days that I was hosting for numerous out of state associates. The rep that reserved my boardroom never disclosed to me that the room was all the way in the convention center beside the hotel. Needless to say this info was not communicated to my associates flying in either and they were all lost trying to figure out where to go for the meeting. They told me that they would resolve the issue and made a commitment to take care of breakfast for my family while we stayed for the rest of the week and then emailed me later that day to tell me that they couldn't. Not a fan of empty promises. The front desk manager was rude and the communication amongst the staff is terrible. They need some serious training. Will definitely avoid this Hotel in the future. I also found a big roach in my room the final day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First I should like to apologize for any inconvenience experienced during the course of your stay. Our goal at the Doubletree is to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations and in this case we apparently failed to reach our goal. However, I did review your stay in detail and there are several items that I need to mention regarding your correspondence - the first - it was very clearly stated in the meeting room contract that you signed, when you booked the boardroom accomodations, that the event was to take place at the convention center, this should not have been a surprise. Secondly due to the size of the property's public area, we take great care to provide directional assistance throughout the property via signage, maps and electronic concierge boards which are set daily to respond to any group inquiry. In addition we of course have the traditional concierge which are ready to assist. Again I apologize for any confusion you may have experienced. In regard to the comment on breakfast - you had inquired at the time of booking regarding free breakfast and you were offered the bed and breakfast rate but elected to book the corporate group rate which did not include breakfast. After several comments to our guest service agents we did provide you with a complimentary breakfast in the interest of guest relations, In closing we appreciate the opportunity to serve you while in town for your business travels. While we strive to offer guests the best experience and pride ourselves in our competent staff, we know there is always room for improvement. Your feedback lets us know we need to focus our efforts on consistency in all areas of our operation. I have specifically addressed your concerns with our front office and engineering team members. We hope that you will return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to the Miami area. If I may be of any further service, please contact me at 305-260-8912 or via email at TFerrara@Doubletreemacc.com

Tony Ferrara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Double Tree. We were greated courteously and given wonderful warm cookies when we arrived. Our room was perfect and clean and with all we needed for a restful night. The restaurant was reasonable as are the others there. We had a great meal also. They had choices for breakfast too and we enjoyed a simple breakfast for a reasonable price. Thanks to all for making our stay so nice. A five star hotel for sure.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. We were greeted with warm cookies and a very warm welcome. The accomodations were great and the restaraunt was reasonable and good too. The hotel provided a way to the Port for the ship and made that part easy for us as well. I would recommend to all. five stars