You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #44 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Algarvia, Portugal
“Run down hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel basically needs refurbishment , if not for near location would have probably already happened
Rooms are tired , beds uncomfortable , general run down feel
The staff hold the place up they are a credit
Breakfast was very good

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
debary, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

the arrival at the hotel was easy. Checking in had no problems and they wait for you with a delicious warm cookie. The beds are old, and it was hard to find a confortalbe spot. the room had a lot of dust, and they did not cleaned the next day until a called for service. I notice that around the TV and the desk dust was piled for a few days at least.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

clinton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I loved staying here. I stayed for a week during a conference we were attending. I loved being able to come in from the conference and enjoy the food (especially the wings and pub fries) nightly following. My partners were able to sit, talk, swap ideas, and drink til midnight. The wait staff at the bar, and the hotel was very friendly and helpful. As an added bonus, there was an Au Bon Pain and International Market attached to the hotel that we were able to browse and shop at! Loved my stay.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying one night by the airport before leaving for home. We arrived in the afternoon and were berated with the famous cookies. My husband used the pool and workout facilities and I shopped at the wholesale market attached to the hotel. We didn't have a car so we had dinner in the hotel. We had vouchers for a glass of wine at the bar. We used those and then went into the Rioja restaurant for dinner. The service was very good and they had a nice wine selection. Our dinners were delicious. I had a mahi mahi dish and my husband had the ribeye. The next morning we used our vouches for a nice breakfast before we headed to the airport on their shuttle which runs every half hour, 24/7.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Let me start by saying the receptionist was very nice. The Hotel wasn't what I expected for the price and i was overcharged. i traveled from GA for a business event. The room had a funny smell, the hallways of the hotel smelled of urine covered with a fragrance. the housekeeping never changed the bed sheets and restocked and made beds only once. i was there 4 days. the temperature in the room was irritating, because it seemed to work as it wanted to by getting hot then cold no matter if the unit was completely off or not. I didn't rest at all. Also within the elevator it shows where you use your room key to operate the elevator but why because if it was suppose to be for security reasons it was a sure fail. You didn't need the room key to activate it at all. I will not be staying at this Hilton ever again when visiting Miami.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Let me start out by first apologizing for any inconveience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay. Our goal at the Doubletree Miami Airport Covention Center is to not only meet by exceed the expecdtations of our guests and in this case we apparently failed to achieve our goal and for this I sincierly apologize. In regard to your room rate charged I was able to cross reference and locate your reservation - you were part of a group and recieved the group rate contracted which by the way was 15% below the market rate for that time period. In regard to your fairly dramatic comment regarding our hallways - I must disagree - I inspected the area mentioned and found no trace of an odor - we do not use deodoriizing agents in the corridor - simply routine housekeeping maintenance -perhaps you encountered a "spill" which was cleared by this housekeeping routine. I also took the liberty of checking the housekeeping records for the room in question - indeed I found it was serviced and inspected on 2 of 4 days during your stay - there was a "Do not Disturb" sign noted for the 2 days not serviced and in accordance with Hilton standards we provided a towel refreh. I would recommend that in the future if you utilize the "Do not Disturb signage", upon your return - please contact the front office to request service. In closing, We never want our guests to have a bad experience when staying with us. Thank you for sharing your candid feedback and allowing us the opportunity to follow with our teams accordingly. We apologize again for the inconvenience and we hope that you'll reconsider giving us another chance to serve you.

Tony Ferrara
Salt Lake City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Upon arrival the front desk gentleman treated me very well. The room was in excellent condition overall. The restaurant is a little high priced however, the food was very good and the service was excellent. I am very pleased overall with my experience at this hotel. I would definitely go there again!

Brooklyn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I were here on business. I am a very picky person when it come to staying in hotels however in this hotel I was extremely comfortable and felt comfortable showering and sleeping in this room. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Only perk I had was that there was no heat in the room but I understand we were in Florida where the climate is warm and even though there was no heat I still was comfortable.