“Beware of one Front Desk employee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Miami
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beware of one Front Desk employee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Julian and Juan were amazing and made me completely forget about the horrid way the original front desk employee (Jose) treated myself and other Hilton Honors guests. Aside from that one experience, which really never leaves you, the rest of the staff was Amazing! Shan, Julian, Juan THANKS for making the stay great! An odd thing, only 6 lounge chairs by the pool? Get there early!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Lake Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The room was great the view was fine and the FREE wi-fi is always a bonus. The convention that was going on made the bar way too loud - but I assume that isn’t always the case. I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times before so I feel that I can say with 100% certainty that the bar/restaurant staff is horrible, the folks who take care of breakfast are fine, but I have never experienced decent service at dinner. This has never kept me from coming back … but I try to avoid eating here at night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Bermuda Dunes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was comfortable and clean, and the WiFi worked very well, so I could get some work done. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The breakfast was also very good. They do need to work on their airport shuttle however. I had to wait forever for the shuttle to come through. Meanwhile other hotel shuttles came through 2 or 3 times. Arrrrrgh

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel and room are clean and spacious. The location is good for when you want to stay near the airport; though there are no shops are food joints in walking distance of the hotel. So you would need a car. Wifi is free. The parking lot is not too close to the check in counter but the doorman offered that I could leave my car in front of the hotel while I was checking in and taking my suitcase to the room. This was very helpful. The bed was great; large and for myself!

Keep in mind that it is a large and crowded hotel.

Nice to get a cookie at check in..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Varna, Bulgaria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights before a cruise and booked a room on the executive level. The room itself was decent, to the standard youd expect for such a hotel and we slept well. The executive lounge had a decent selection of food and drinks the 1 night it was open but the reason for the low rating was the experience with the breakfast staff the first morning when the lounge was closed. When we came downstairs, the waiter asked for our room and my wife gave him the vouchers for breakfast. After that, he didnt want to know us. I waited to be asked for coffee or orange, and as he walked off decided to tuck into the buffet while my wife waited with our young child. Then we switched babysitting duties and for the 15 or so minutes this took, we were ignored and I just couldnt get his attention. In the end I went to the fast coffee stand and took one in a plastic cup. Not sure why this happened but they didnt seem interested in most of the guests and I assume (or at least the feeling was) they thought we were in on a free. Saw one guy pour his own coffee and orange from the waiters stand. Hotel had lines at most times that I was near reception, luckily being a HH member the wait wasnt so long but feel the overall experience was devalued by the breakfast staff and large number of airline overnighters.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Staff was very friendly and as helpful as they could be. Restaurants were always clean and well staffed. Banquet facilities and food served were also top notch. Free internet allowed getting work done in a timely manner. The grounds were well cared for although once off the grounds the surrounding neighborhood was a little suspect

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

First let me say I have been staying at this hotel for the past 6 years and had plenty of good experiences. however in the past two years the service especially at the restaurants has gone down hill. They tend to treat convention goers as second class guests. Below will be my review of my last stay, but I want to say this first. I am only posting this review because I see the general manager Tony F. Likes to come on here and say how sorry he is for your bad experience and if there is anything that he can do please contact him. Thats funny and not true. I called him and sent 4 emails prior to this and he never responded. NOT ONCE! Finally on the last email I got a call from a worker from the front desk, but never Tony. Anyway after my last stay I filed a complaint against a worker and in return was offered an apology and one free night on my next stay. This offer was not honored.

When I checked in this past weekend I had paid to be upgraded to executive floor which I have done three times in the past. The other three times I was given breakfast vouchers for everyone in the room. This time I was told its only for two people. I explained to them I have stayed on the executive floor before and everyone was given a free breakfast. Now they were very nice but said whoever did that in my past visits made a mistake. I find it hard to believe that for three years, three different people made the same mistake. It was a big expense that I was not prepared to pay for my 3 days and I just looked on the room details on the website for the executive room and it just states complimentary breakfast, nowhere does it specify its only for two. (I even showed front desk the website online and They said they would change the wording on the website after my stay.)

Another issue was at the burger bar. Now believe me during the convention I know it can get super busy so a long wait is expected, but rudeness of the server is not. After a long wait when the server came I asked if I could have a cherry coke. She said no, we don't have that. I asked if they could please make it at the bar(which I have had done for the past 6 years) she said no. I said ok just a coke then we placed the rest of our order. When she brought the drinks she just dropped the on the table so of course they spilled everywhere. I looked at her like what is that about, she gave me a very snide sorry and threw napkins on the table. Ok so we wait for a very long time to get our food(not her fault). Not once did she check on us during our entire stay to ask for refills on our drinks which we desperately needed. After which I waited over 30 minutes for my check. That is unreasonable. The other two servers kept saying sorry she will be here soon. Well when she finally came she did apologize for the wait, but I guess I was looking at the bill too long for her liking and she said very snarky "do you need a calculator". I couldn't believe how rude and the unbelievable gall she had to say that after such poor service. I was so offended I threw down the money and left. Then went back to speak to someone about what happened but she wasn't there and I didn't remember her name so I just left it alone. Anyway I'm sure you can figure it out. It was Saturday late afternoon and there were only 3 girls working. She was the oldest of the 3 with dark hair, Spanish.

Also the safe in the room was broken and the toilet ran but seeing as the hotel was sold out we chose to just let that go. We will not return to this hotel. There is a Cambria Suites directly across the street that is more than happy to service the people attending the conventions. I will laugh if Tony F. Comes on here to reply since my 4 emails and phone call didn't warrant a response from him.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Yes, I will start out by apologizing for the confusion and any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Miami Airport Convention Center. I was a bit confused when attempting to cross reference the dates of your stay in order to initiate corrective action on your comments – your Trip Advisor review was posted January 16th 2014 but the last stay was listed as July of 2013 – so I am unable to correlate the Saturday afternoon that you are referencing. Regarding your Executive level room rate concern – the Doubletree prices guest rooms at the same rate structure utilized by 95% of the hotels in the USA – which is Single –Double occupancy - one flat rate – Triple –Quad with an up-change per person for additional amenities and services. Had the reservation in question been made for 3 or 4 persons the up-charge would have been included in the quote automatically. Prior to 2013 the Executive Lounge was accessed simply by an authorized guest key – in 2013 we implemented the Hilton Lounge certificate system to prevent access to the lounge by un-registered guests. This is why the question came up during your last stay. In regard to the issue with the cherry coke – I really don’t understand and would like to research the “Service happening” further as this is a common service item which should not have been an issue, but again I am unable to identify the time frame.
Finally, with regard to your comments regarding -1 telephone message and 4 emails unanswered – I absolutely did NOT receive either from you regarding this or any other concern (perhaps the email address was incorrect). We serve in the area of 130,000 guests per year at the hotel and upwards of 600,000+ guests per year at the Miami Airport Convention Center. Guest concerns are routinely answered by myself and /or my Director of Front Office services, Rooms Division Director and at times the Food & Beverage Director, Executive Housekeeper or the Executive Chef depending upon the issue and in order to expedite a swift and satisfactory resolution to a guest’s concern. Never and I mean never is that task left to a “worker” at the hotel. In closing, I would like to discuss this further, if I may any further service please don’t hesitate to contact me at Tony.Ferrara2 @Hilton.com or direct at 305-260-8912. Again My apologies
Tony Ferrara