We were exhibiting at a 4-day comics-cartoon convention so the location was PERFECT. When we arrived from the airport Wednesday evening around 9 p.m., I asked if an upgrade, as a Hilton Honors member, was possible. We were given a room on the 11th floor, thank you, Jose!
While checking in, the bellman also got our 2 FedEx boxes and brought them up to the room with our luggage. He was very accommodating and friendly. We also had a bellman take our artwork, banners, etc. to the convention hall the next morning - again, very accommodating. :)
The room was spacious, clean, etc. - no complaints!!! Young people on the floor on Friday and Saturday nights were VERY loud and security did come up to settle them down so I can't say they didn't try - they were soon loud again so unless a hotel is going to evict LOUD guests or call the police, peace and quiet can be short-lived depending on the other guests.
We ate at the hotel instead of getting a cab and eating elsewhere. The breakfast buffet was a very good value, $15.00 per person, with a good selection of fresh fruit, made-to-order omlettes, etc. Dinners were quite good with a varied selection - pastas, seafood, steaks, delicious chicken torilla soup, wedge salad with blue cheese (Caesar was nothing special, though). John was our waiter 3 evenings - thank you, John, for the wonderful, personable service. I think the restaurant was short of staff on Saturday evening, but we (8 adults) were seated and able to order drinks right away so waiting for entrees was not a major problem. After all, it was the Fourth of July weekend.
The outdoor pool area was beautifully landscaped, good water temperature. Negative was not providing towels so we brought them from our room and then had to go back up to the room and hang them to dry. Inconvenient, but doable!
Check out went smoothly mid-morning on Monday and we took the FREE hotel shuttle to the airport - a real plus for staying her again.
EVERYONE was very friendly, helpful, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated Lobby, lobby bar, signature restaurant, club loungeMiami's newest convention center over 172,000 sq ft of meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami