“Beware the Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Montreal, Canada
“Beware the Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Doubletree is usually a great hotel to stay at! ...Not this time around. The physical appearance was great, the housekeeping staff were impeccable, but the restaurant food was horrible, and the staff at the front desk were lacking in their knowledge and ability to correct a serious issue. While the quality of the ingredients of the food was great, the chef's preparation was horrible. The soup tasted like it was canned or frozen. The crab cakes didn't taste fresh, and the so-called guava glazed pork chop was basically a dry piece of bark smothered in the worst bottled barbecue sauce in the world! Don't blame the wait staff, they were amazing! As for the shoddy service at the front desk, I asked about dry cleaning services on the weekend, they told me I was guaranteed to get everything back by 16:00 Saturday. I gave them my clothes on the Friday night, but almost didn't get them back when I was checking out the Sunday morning.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
First I should like to apologize for the inconvenience that experienced during the course of your stay regarding the handling of you Laundry with our 3rd party cleaning service. Our goal at the Doubletree is to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations, in this case we certainly did not attain our goal. Our staff did react and retrieve your laundry in time for you departure and we did award you 10,000 honors points for you inconvenience, again My apologies. I was somewhat surprised by your comments on the food service as are award winning culinary team is widely recognized as the food service leader in the Miami Airport area. In particular we normally receive very high marks for our crab cakes which are prepared “Maryland Style” with fresh Jumbo lump crabmeat, our soups are made fresh daily and also draw high praise and the Guava Glazed Pork Rib-Eye is a popular local flavor which apparently you did not find to your liking. Again I apologize for your experience. I have passed you comments along to our executive chef for review with his team. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you while in town for your leisure travels. While we strive to offer guests the best experience and pride ourselves in our competent staff, we know there is always room for improvement. Your feedback lets us know we need to focus our efforts on consistency in all areas of our operation. We hope that you will return to our hotel when your travels bring you back to the Miami area. We look forward to serving you then –
Tony Ferrara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
bradenton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

very nice hotel with great staff and accomadations. would definitely stay here again in the future. we stayed here before our flight out of miami on vacation and would do it again.one of our party left their phone on the shuttle and they quickly found it and held it for them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Satellite Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Double Tree Miami Convention Center was an amazing hotel. The staff was very attentive and took care of our every need. We were there on business and first impressions were important. Double Tree delivered a great first impression. We look forward to our next opportunity to work with the Double Tree in Miami.

Fort Myers Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Elegant Hotel with Lots of Services: Shuttle to Airport 24H a day , every 1/2 hour. Park and Fly for your Car in their parking lot as well if you need it! Great Beds and very quiet rooms. Restaurant is So so, the food, but elegant and the Staff all over the Hotel is just the BEST! Nice Bar , Good Concierge and A warm Welcome with a nice warm Cookie upon your arrival! There is a huge shopping Gallery in the back if you have time to kill and some snack foot and espresso counter too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

No honesty from the employees. I forgot my apple tablet charge at room. I call next day to stop by to pick up. The answer was...we did not found anything in the room.....I was furious because I new I left there...one 100% ..... The manage did not do anything about it. I will not stay at this hotel anymore..

Room Tip: No honesty from the employees(room services, housekeeper etc)' and very poor management. For me...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
First, I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the situation quickly. I have reviewed the security reports regarding the security officer's in-room search for your lost charger. We routinely retrieve hundreds and hundreds of lost chargers annually from our hotel rooms and return them appropriately to their owners, I am sorry that yours was not among them. Please contact me directly so I may assist you further in this matter - I may be reached by telephone at 305-260-8912 or via email at Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com

Sincerely
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The checkin process was terrible. I arrived in the evening at the airport and was told earlier in the day that the shuttle came every 30 minutes. I ended up waiting over an hour for the shuttle and had to call the hotel several times for statut updates even though they said it was on its way. When I arrived at the hotel, there were (no exaggeration) 2 lines of 25 people to check in because a flight had been cancelled. I waited over an hour to check in to the hotel. Other than the checkin process, it was a good hotel experience; however, after a day of traveling, it was not a good first impression.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I should first like to extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience you expereneced during your recent stay at our hotel. We understand that first impressions can be lasting impressions and we certainly do apologize for the shuttle and check-in delays you encountered. I can assure you we were experiencing an abnormal situation involving accommodation for 200+ passengers from cancellled flight at the time of your arrival, but I fully understand your frustration. We are reevaluating your current processes and ways in which we can better deploy our resources. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and we hope you'll come back and see us again for a better experience.

United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

room smelled old damp and musty....dead roaches in plain sight in hallway upon arrival. Still there upon departure. View from room was horrible. Parking lot had a huge pot hole that you couldn't avoid scratched my front bumper.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First I woudl like to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problems are addressed. We'll also keep in mind your concerns about the parking lot maintenance so we works towards future repairs.

Sincerely