One can tell that a lot of money went into the renovation as the lobby, elevators, and rooms are all top notch. All common areas look wonderful.The problem is the management - they are either looking the other way, or just don't seem to care.
The breakfast was good, but the service was horrible. I was looking for my waiter to get my bill, and he was stocking the buffet. Good news is that he had a food service glove on, but why is a waiter stocking the buffett. Shouldn't there be a cook, or runner to do that? I asked another waiter for a refill of OJ, and rather than get a refill, she walked into the kitchen and told my waiter, who then came out to serve the OJ. Talk about lazy, and a total lack of management.
The main light switch in my room also controlled the TV. Who does this? A light switch should control lights, not the TV. Again, no management oversight.
When I opened the door to my room, there were three fliers for local restuarants under the door. I have never seen three fliers, from three different restaurants, under a door in any hotel, let alone a full service hotel. I am sure this hotel has cameras, so somebody has to be looking the other way to not see three people wander their halls putting stuff under every door. It makes one wonder what else is walking around the hotel unseen. I brought this to the attention of the front desk person, who seemed rather uninspired by my revelation. I assume this must happen a lot. This hotel needs new management!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated Lobby, lobby bar, signature restaurant, club loungeMiami's newest convention center over 172,000 sq ft of meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.