“Beautiful Hotel, Good Facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #51 of 130 hotels in Miami
Plymouth, Michigan
“Beautiful Hotel, Good Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, one on either end of our cruise out of Miami. I always love the cookies from DoubleTree, sooo yummy. Their workout facility was amazing, truly one of the most state-of-the-art and large facilities I have ever seen. The pool and hot tub were outside and were fairly sizeable. We did use both. We did not eat at the fancy restaurant there, but we did eat at the breakfast buffet as well as the bar/lunch place. Both had very tasty food and good service. I really liked the garden, lagoon-type landscape when you walk outside the automatic doors toward the pool area. The in-hotel convenience shop was alright, and our rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. There is a large mini-mall attached to the hotel, but it's not filled with the type of stores you might expect. Most places are small and filled with clothes or jewelry of some type. It's a bit of a maze, and you can easily get lost. There wasn't anything we were interested in purchasing. We also appreciated the shuttle to the port of Miami for our cruise. It was $10 I believe, but that was cheaper than taking a cab. They also have a free shuttle to and from the Miami International Airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

688 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Only stayed one night before and one night after our trip to Brazil but would of loved to stay longer! We always look to stay at a Hilton property, preferring Double Tree Hotel, and we are always satisfied. Double Tree does it again! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three days and my stay was warm and pleasant. The staff at the TApas bar was friendly and they front desk staff was very nice when. I checked in. The cookie was a welcomed surprise, given the long frustrating day up until checkin.

A great value for the money, close to hotel, mall shuttle and close to good restaurants

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Harlem, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

After spending 99% of my spring break on Miam's South Beach, I traded in the beach for an inland opportunity to take advantage of the Hilton's Double Point's promotion.

Made reservation online and got a okay rate. Lobby is very large, well maintained with an entrance leading to a wholesale heaven for those interested in perfume or jewlery making in the nearby mall.

My room on one of the upper floors faced the pool and we were able to check in early. Although the reservation's clerk could not put in my Amtrak number to get Hilton points (should be able to put in the system just like an airline, but oh well) he did attempt and had a good attitude.

King sized bed was nice & so was the bedding. Bathroom was clean, but the toilet was a little close to the tub. The lounge chair ottoman had seen better days and they need to either clean it or dump it, but overall the room was nice. Self parking is $7.00 and valet will cost you a little more. Did not try the on site meal options as we went into little Haiti & little Havana to have our meals. Good way to wind down on the way home from a great vacation (and take advantage of the points promotion).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, courtesy of American Airlines because our flight was delayed. We were given a lovely welcome and a warm chocolate cookie (a nice touch). Our rooms were spacious, modern and well equipped. The complimentary bathroom products were by Crabtree & Evelyn - another nice touch. We had dinner that night at the bar/restaurant on the ground floor. The waiting staff were very friendly and offered sight seeing advise for the following morning that we were to be in Miami. The food was very good - a range of steaks, burgers and tapas but all with a great range of toppings to choose from (chorizo, mushrooms, various cheeses, sauces, salads, etc). Prices for the food were very reasonable for an airport hotel, particularly taking into account the high quality of the ingredients and presentation. We had breakfast there the next day and there was a great choice. The cake selection was particularly good - delicious muffins and pastries. The concierge was also very helpful, storing our bags after checkout and advising us on transport and tour options. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, which runs at least ever 15 minutes - only a 10 minute journey to the airport. All in all, a great if somewhat brief stay.

Room Tip: Given that this is an airport hotel, our room on the 4th floor was absolutely silent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was impressed with this property the moment I set foot in the lobby. The honeymoon ended when I entered my room. Noticing that the alram clock/radio was broken led me to see that the plug next to the headborad did not have cover - yup, an unprotected outlet.So I called the hotel's customercare line to report this and was told that I had to call again in the morning. Are you kidding me? A guest has to call twice to gt a problem, a safety hazard at that, fixed. So I called back down and spoke with the front desk manager who started the chain of apology followed with offers of free stuff. The hotel was sold out and there is only one person who answers the room service line. My second evening I called 10 times in a period of an hour and no one answered to take my order. I called the customercare line. They took my order but I did not see dinner for another hour. Once again was offered free stuff for bad service.Diner the next night was more of the same only when I received my food it was not prepared properly. Somehow they got my new order turned around in 15 minutes but the process took almost 3 hours. More offers of free stuff. With my calls to the customercare line, in 60% of the cases someone picked up the phone and hung it up without saying hello. Now I promise I was cool and appropriate in all of my interactions. My last call with the front desk manager with the last offer of free stuff - I told her that you can only offer so much free stuff. After a while, it is an excuse. She agreed. So my last morning there (I could not switch hotels, all of our company approved were booked) I decided to visit with the hotel manager. At the front desk I was informed that he does not get in before 9:00 AM and that he leaves before 5:00 PM. So, when this hotel is at its peak of guest activity, the manager is not in and the front desk manager is in charge. BTW you have to pay $5.00/night to park. Other notes - the linens on the beds were torn.

I am underwhelmed with this hotel based on service and maintenance. Management is AWOL.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First I should like to apologize regarding any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay at the Doubletree Hotel Miami Airport Convention Center. The service that you describe is not acceptable to the management team of this property and rest assured we shall investigate this situation thoroughly; appropriately counseling both the Front Office and the Room Service departments.

I also sincerely apologize of the inappropriate handling of your complaint, I would recommend that should you encounter an inappropriate response by any guest service agent in any Hilton Hotel product in the future– that you request to speak to the "Manager on Duty" or speak to the General Manager directly, by the way I seldom leave the property prior to 8 PM - so if you stay here, please don't hesitate to contact me.

In regard to parking, yes, we do charge for parking, $7 for overnight parking and that is the lowest parking rate of any of the full service hotels in the area.

In Closing, I should like to request that you contact me directly, so that we can discuss your stay further and I can make the situation right with you. I may be reached via email at TFerrara@doubletreemacc or my direct line at 305-260-8912.

Our goal at the Doubletree is to not only meet but to exceed our guest’s expectations and in this instance we certainly failed to achieve our goal. Again my apologies.

Tony Ferrara
Middle Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my second stay at at Doubletree property this year. The staff was courteous, rooms very comfortable and clean. Even though it's located right next door to the airport, it was very quiet. The continental breakfast was not very good, the omelette station was probably a better choice and from what I was able to observe, would have been worth the couple of extra minutes wait. I did have dinner in the restaurant and that was much better, food well-prepared and the service attentive. You have to pay to park your car which I thought unusual. I'm not sure if this is customary for the area but I thought parking for hotel guests should have been included in the price of the room. One other negative, the computers in the business center are very slow. On the positive side, the pool is nice and the fitness center well equipped. I was visiting Miami Beach and stayed at this property because rooms were scarce and pricey in the city. This was a good alternative though the area around the hotel doesn't have much to offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo