We spent a day/night at the Doubletree before our cruise. The setting was very beautiful, even though the airport was just across the way a bit. Checking in was quick and easy and we were very happy to be upgraded to the executive floor (we are Honors Members), which was quiet and had it's own little reception area where you could hang out, get waters, access a computer, etc. It also afforded us a free breakfast in the morning, which was an extensive and tasty buffet in one of the two restaurants within the hotel itself. The pool area of this hotel was spacious and well laid out, with bar service available while you lounged. The exercise room was also very spacious with a good variety of aerobic machines and weight machines. There was a shuttle available to the cruise terminal for a nominal fee, and there was also a shuttle available to/from the airport for no cost (which we did not use). Just remember that if you need the shuttle to the cruise terminal, book it the day before. There are only 2 trips over and they do fill up.
Our room was large and comfortable. We did face the airport, which was a bit noisy (at least compared to the Comfort Inn we had stayed at the previous night), and that would be my one recommendation - request a room on the opposite side if you think this would bother you at all.
This hotel has a mall attached to it. And I have to say, it is an odd mall, although I'm not sure I should even call it a mall. It was filled with small mom and pop stores, that all basically sold the same things - a lot of beads stands out in particular. There was a Au Bon Pain in there which was a good alternative to food inside the hotel, but other than that, the space was under utilized to say the least.
We enjoyed our brief stay at the Doubletree, and would certainly consider it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated Lobby, lobby bar, signature restaurant, club loungeMiami's newest convention center over 172,000 sq ft of meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami