“Nice Place, Close to MIA Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #52 of 131 hotels in Miami
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice Place, Close to MIA Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay hear. We found the rooms spacious. The Hotel has a nice outdoor pool with lounge chairs. It's close to the Airport and offers a free shuttle service. There are stores right at this hotel. There also is a shuttle service to Dolphin Mall for a $10.00 roundtrip per person fee. Most important it's clean and well kept. My only complaint is that I used the business centre and the computer had a virus and I had someone get into my yahoo account and steal my identity.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a conveniently located hotel which suffers from service lapses which hold the hotel back from being a really good hotel.

Pros: close to airport, rooms are clean and relatively up to date, decent buffet breakfast starting at 6AM and friendly breakfast staff, a front desk manager (Emile) who tries hard, free night only 30,000 HHonors points, free internet

Cons: airport shuttle service is somewhat unreliable, indifferent/misinformed Hilton HHonors check-in staff, no Doubletree cookie :(

We booked an award night during the week (and requested a quiet room on a high floor) and called the hotel after we arrived at MIA to confirm whether the airport shuttle had left the hotel (it runs every half hour from the hotel). Unfortunately for us, it took almost an hour for the shuttle (which had the words "Doubletree" in somewhat small font) to arrive despite the hotel front desk manager assuring us that the shuttle was "on its way and would arrive in 7 minutes" - while it was raining, it took the van driver only about 10 minutes to make it back to the hotel, so who knows what happened to the shuttle between the hotel and the airport. On the other hand, the shuttle to the airport in the morning left on time and took less than 10 minutes (in dry weather) to get to MIA airport.

I should add that our request for a quiet room on a high floor was honored and that Emile (front desk manager) tried to remedy the shuttle issue by comping the decent buffet breakfast, which was a nice gesture. However, when I asked the front desk staff where breakfast was served, I was directed to the wrong restaurant (Impressions) instead of the correct one (Rioja Grill). Also, I requested (as a Hilton HHonors member) a room upgrade but was told by the woman at the HHonors check-in that it was unavailable, and was not offered the Doubletree cookie at check-in nor was provided an explanation as to why no cookie was forthcoming. Also, while there is a business center and a dedicated station for printing boarding passes on the ground floor, the station was out of commission and all of the business center computers were *really* slow - time to upgrade those systems!

The shuttle mishap, muddled service by the front desk, missing cookie, misdirection for the breakfast buffet, non-functioning boarding pass station, and slow business center computers are small details but these add up.

I would consider staying at the Doubletree if I could get an assurance from Emile that the shuttle and other service issues are addressed.

Room Tip: Join Hilton HHonors and request a room upgrade at check-in
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

i stayed here for a party was happy with the service that was provided. i asked for towels and they were broght to me with in 5 mins. the room was clean and the people were very nice. im from miami so i dont know the service for the shuttles. and the only negative about staying here is that they charge you 7$ to park which i dont understand why i should pay for parking when im already paying about 180 a night to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The fast internet connection allowed me to Facetime (video chat) with my wife and kids. When you are on the road alot this is the only feature that matters to me. The ambiance and decore in the lobby was an instant indicator that my stay was going to be good. The quality of the room made me wish that I brought my wife on this trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
bentonville AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After landing in Miami I called the hotel to see if they had a shuttle, this seems an easy thin but wasn't. Phone rang for nearly 2 minutes before answered then placed immediately on hold. Yes we have a shuttle - go out and await. Well I waited, Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, and even Best Western all came and went once, twice and three times. Finally an innocuous white van appeared and low and behold there was taped on the side "Doubletree" . Driver helped with bags - glad he did as the back of the van was filthy. As we went around more terminals the van filled up - with so long between shuttles not surprising. Many of the individuals that joined the van were holding airline vouchers due to missed flights.

Got to reception and as my bag was first on it was last off - join the line to check in - another 20 minutes. Got to the room and it had a connecting door - specifically requested no connecting door on reservation, after researching they found me a room with no connector but no king bed. Fine just get me a room.

Following morning I had breakfast and I have to say it was good - decent selection and some nice a la carte options. Went back up to my room and a guy that was on a voucher and I had sat next to in the van was coming out of his room - said hi and chatted for a minute. As he was coming out I could see he had a king room with no connecting door. That voucher probably got the hotel $75 at best. I paid $135 and am a Diamond member with Hilton. Needless to say I won't be staying there again anytime soon.

Room Tip: Get a canceled flight voucher
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
First I should like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of you stay at the Doubletree MACC. We understand that the little things mean everything and I apologize for the inconsistent service you received while staying with us. Our dedicated team works really hard to ensure we're meeting all guests' needs and we will review your comments with each of the departments mentioned in your review, to ensure that our missteps during your stay, do not continue in the future. We value your loyalty as a rewards diamond member and appreciate your business. We only hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you. in the event that I may be of future service please contact me at 305-260-8912 or via TFerrara@DoubletreeMACC.com

Kind regards,
Tony Ferrara
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times as it is a perfect location. It is a good, but it seems that things are generally just a little off. The small items that are missed and average service keep it from being a good hotel. For the best service, with a friendly smiling staff, try the bar for drinks or food.

People from outside the hotel, roaming the halls, pushing pizza menus and flyers under your door are particularly bothersome.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very tired after flight from UK and looking forward to a comfortable sleep. A 10 minute taxi ride costing 16 dollars soon had us at the hotel. Reception staff very friendly and deserved an excellent mark. Once given the included Double Tree cookies we were off to our room on the 9th floor. Good room, plenty of space and a comfortable bed. The coffee facilities in the room were poor. It should have been good but the coffee provided and there were only 3 pods gave a very weak brew. Could have been much better. After a fairly average sleep awoken around 6 by so much noise from surrounding rooms. One sounded like he had a cow in the room with him. I hope he was just blowing his nose but hey maybe the cow option was true! This went on and on. The walls must be ultra thin to hear noise like nose blowing so loudly. This is not good in a hotel for tired travellers. Cant comment on breakfast as it wasnt included in the room rate. We paid over $200 so wasnt impressed by the high rate compared with the usual in the USA.
I have stayed in Hiltons before and always been satisfied. NOT this time.

Room Tip: Due to noise between rooms cant advise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
My apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay. We always appreciate hearing about how we're doing, since we work hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. We see that noise was an issue during your stay. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we also encourage guests to contact the front office so that we can address noise issues to ensure their comfort and safety. We understand that you just want to relax after a long flight and we're are sorry that other guests interrupted your comfort. We've shared your review with our security team. We hope that the next time you return to the area you’ll give us another chance for a better experience. If I may be of any future service, please contact me at 305-260-8912 or Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com.

Warm regards