“very good service and clean room.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #50 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“very good service and clean room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

i stayed here for a party was happy with the service that was provided. i asked for towels and they were broght to me with in 5 mins. the room was clean and the people were very nice. im from miami so i dont know the service for the shuttles. and the only negative about staying here is that they charge you 7$ to park which i dont understand why i should pay for parking when im already paying about 180 a night to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

684 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The fast internet connection allowed me to Facetime (video chat) with my wife and kids. When you are on the road alot this is the only feature that matters to me. The ambiance and decore in the lobby was an instant indicator that my stay was going to be good. The quality of the room made me wish that I brought my wife on this trip.

bentonville AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After landing in Miami I called the hotel to see if they had a shuttle, this seems an easy thin but wasn't. Phone rang for nearly 2 minutes before answered then placed immediately on hold. Yes we have a shuttle - go out and await. Well I waited, Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, and even Best Western all came and went once, twice and three times. Finally an innocuous white van appeared and low and behold there was taped on the side "Doubletree" . Driver helped with bags - glad he did as the back of the van was filthy. As we went around more terminals the van filled up - with so long between shuttles not surprising. Many of the individuals that joined the van were holding airline vouchers due to missed flights.

Got to reception and as my bag was first on it was last off - join the line to check in - another 20 minutes. Got to the room and it had a connecting door - specifically requested no connecting door on reservation, after researching they found me a room with no connector but no king bed. Fine just get me a room.

Following morning I had breakfast and I have to say it was good - decent selection and some nice a la carte options. Went back up to my room and a guy that was on a voucher and I had sat next to in the van was coming out of his room - said hi and chatted for a minute. As he was coming out I could see he had a king room with no connecting door. That voucher probably got the hotel $75 at best. I paid $135 and am a Diamond member with Hilton. Needless to say I won't be staying there again anytime soon.

Room Tip: Get a canceled flight voucher
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
First I should like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of you stay at the Doubletree MACC. We understand that the little things mean everything and I apologize for the inconsistent service you received while staying with us. Our dedicated team works really hard to ensure we're meeting all guests' needs and we will review your comments with each of the departments mentioned in your review, to ensure that our missteps during your stay, do not continue in the future. We value your loyalty as a rewards diamond member and appreciate your business. We only hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you. in the event that I may be of future service please contact me at 305-260-8912 or via TFerrara@DoubletreeMACC.com

Kind regards,
Tony Ferrara
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times as it is a perfect location. It is a good, but it seems that things are generally just a little off. The small items that are missed and average service keep it from being a good hotel. For the best service, with a friendly smiling staff, try the bar for drinks or food.

People from outside the hotel, roaming the halls, pushing pizza menus and flyers under your door are particularly bothersome.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very tired after flight from UK and looking forward to a comfortable sleep. A 10 minute taxi ride costing 16 dollars soon had us at the hotel. Reception staff very friendly and deserved an excellent mark. Once given the included Double Tree cookies we were off to our room on the 9th floor. Good room, plenty of space and a comfortable bed. The coffee facilities in the room were poor. It should have been good but the coffee provided and there were only 3 pods gave a very weak brew. Could have been much better. After a fairly average sleep awoken around 6 by so much noise from surrounding rooms. One sounded like he had a cow in the room with him. I hope he was just blowing his nose but hey maybe the cow option was true! This went on and on. The walls must be ultra thin to hear noise like nose blowing so loudly. This is not good in a hotel for tired travellers. Cant comment on breakfast as it wasnt included in the room rate. We paid over $200 so wasnt impressed by the high rate compared with the usual in the USA.
I have stayed in Hiltons before and always been satisfied. NOT this time.

Room Tip: Due to noise between rooms cant advise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
My apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay. We always appreciate hearing about how we're doing, since we work hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. We see that noise was an issue during your stay. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we also encourage guests to contact the front office so that we can address noise issues to ensure their comfort and safety. We understand that you just want to relax after a long flight and we're are sorry that other guests interrupted your comfort. We've shared your review with our security team. We hope that the next time you return to the area you’ll give us another chance for a better experience. If I may be of any future service, please contact me at 305-260-8912 or Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com.

Warm regards
Tony Ferrara
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This DoubleTree provided a quiet oasis for a weary, busy traveller. From the minute I checked-in with a welcoming and friendly front desk person (even gave me an extra cookie!), I had a wonderful experience. I was upgraded for free to a junior suite with beautiful furniture, and clean first-rate accommodations. Far exceeded my expectations in a DoubleTree Hotel, and would recommend to anyone -- family, friends, co-workers, and you!

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed first on February 15th-16th 2013 for a one night stay before going on a cruise from the port of miami the next morning. The room was nice, dinner was very good at the rioja grille, and I had at pleasant stay that time, although I did not get to enjoy the hotel much, with our flight coming in late; however I must add that shuttle service from and to the airport was speedy and quick, a bonus. There is the check in desk straight ahead when you walk in, and check in goes smoothly and quickly, then to your right is a run down shopping centre mostly for womens clothing and jewelry. To your left is the bar along with two restaurants, the rioja grille (where I ate) and Impressions (which I did not eat at as it seemed never to be open). Elevators are right beside the restaurants and check in and there are 12 levels to the hotel. The first stay I stayed on level 7, and the room, which was a Junior Suite was spacious. The next morning, we left for the cruise, so I did not explore much of the hotel. The next stay was from February 23rd-24th 2013, and I stayed here for one night only after the cruise as my flight left at 6 am the next morning. This time, we arrived at 10 am after being transported by taxi back to the hotel, and asked if there was any rooms available although we weren't expecting so, as guests normally don't even have to check out until 11 am. There was no rooms available, so the check in desk lady told us she would call when there was a room available. We then walked through the run down shopping centre but found nothing we liked, and finally at 11:45 am, we got our Junior Suite, but this time on level 10. The room was the same along the lines of amenities, except the layout was a bit different. After settling our luggage, we went for lunch which opened at 12 pm at the rioja grille. It was a delicious lunch buffet, a good variety, costing $12 USD when there is no carving station, but $14 when there is. After lunch we went out to the outdoor pool and whirlpool, just adjacent to the restaurants. There is one nice sized pool and a nice sized whirlpool as well, along with lounging chairs for sunbathing. After swimming, we went for supper again at the rioja grille, however it is dinner by menu not buffet. Nevertheless, dinner was good, and I had another pleasant stay. The shuttle left to the airport at 4:30 am, and comes every hour. I will be looking forward to staying here again next time I come to miami, as this is the best hotel in the area that I have stayed at yet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family